First build and first forum post

What about getting a 770 and haswell

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

What about getting a 770 and haswell

I don't think I'm going to use more money on a graphics card. I will get a lot of money, but still i don't want to use all of it because i might get use of it when i get older. Maybe for a driver's license. So I'm not going higher than 670, only if there is a huge sale or something. And can you tell me about haswell? Because I don't know what that is.

Edit: I found out what it was.

Today is the day! The celebration is today and now we can finally find out how much money i get. Wish me good luck!

I actually got more than i thought i would! I got about 3450$ (Might be wrong) and now i can afford the new computer. I will go for the list that is there now, but I'm changing to a 4gb graphics card (EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 SC BACKPLATE 4GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP) instead of 2gb because the 2gb version is not on storage. By buying the 4gb version i will get all my parts earlier and at good time before the LAN party. The price of the computer is about 2600$ and I'm ordering it tomorrow. I have just one question before i order it. I have already asked my friend about it several times, but is this computer able to run all games on full graphic without lag? I will mostly play BF3, CoD BO 2, LoL, Planetside 2, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and other games that i may buy later. Since i get Metro Last Light and Assassin's Creed 3 with my graphic card i will be gaming these games too.

I actually got more than i thought i would! I got about 3450$ (Might be wrong) and now i can afford the new computer. I will go for the list that is there now, but I'm changing to a 4gb graphics card (EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 SC BACKPLATE 4GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP) instead of 2gb because the 2gb version is not on storage. By buying the 4gb version i will get all my parts earlier and at good time before the LAN party. The price of the computer is about 2600$ and I'm ordering it tomorrow. I have just one question before i order it. I have already asked my friend about it several times, but is this computer able to run all games on full graphic without lag? I will mostly play BF3, CoD BO 2, LoL, Planetside 2, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and other games that i may buy later. Since i get Metro Last Light and Assassin's Creed 3 with my graphic card i will be gaming these games too.

A $1000 computer could run on those games on max settings easily except for maybe Metro.

Edit: Also, a 600w psu sill be plenty for you. Something like the cx600 should do fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A $1000 computer could run on those games on max settings easily except for maybe Metro.

Edit: Also, a 600w psu sill be plenty for you. Something like the cx600 should do fine.

That is good to hear! I will talk more about the PSU with my friend before i buy the computer. I am thinking about taking pictures of the building progress and the finished version of my computer and posting it on the forum. Should i make a new topic for that or should I just post them in this one?

That is good to hear! I will talk more about the PSU with my friend before i buy the computer. I am thinking about taking pictures of the building progress and the finished version of my computer and posting it on the forum. Should i make a new topic for that or should I just post them in this one?

Post it in Build logs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I am also thinking about me building the computer. I have never built a computer before and the will of building it is getting bigger and bigger for every day. My friend is the one who is going to build the computer, but should i maybe do it my self?

Sure, but get a tech-savvy friend to help and guide you while building. Also an extra pair of hands can be useful.

PS. You are planning on overclocking right?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Sure, but get a tech-savvy friend to help and guide you while building. Also an extra pair of hands can be useful.

I think so. Why do you ask?

I am also thinking about me building the computer. I have never built a computer before and the will of building it is getting bigger and bigger for every day. My friend is the one who is going to build the computer, but should i maybe do it my self?

Have your friend along to help. It'll be fun and it might take a while but be patient about it. Have fun.

Have your friend along to help. It'll be fun and it might take a while but be patient about it. Have fun.

I asked him if i could do it. He said that it was ok, but he had to be there and tell me what to do. Thank you, I will!

I asked my friend and he said that we were not going to overclock. He said that I could do it if I want, but he wasn't going to do it.

I asked my friend and he said that we were not going to overclock. He said that I could do it if I want, but he wasn't going to do it.

Overclocking is easy sauce with your setup since it's a popular one. We'll be here if you have any questions. :D

Well i would have gotten a large cooler if you want to do proper overclock. Getting a Z77 Board and a K series processor is a waste of money if you aren't doing atleast SOME overclock. You could probably just put in a 40x multiplier over all cores in the BIOS, there should be even a possibility to just select a decent overclock in your mainboard BIOS options. From there on you can just slightly turn the Voltage down.

Overclocking with Z77 and K series is a piece of cake if you re going for a moderate increase in performance

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Just ordered my computer! I was really lucky with all the products being on storage so i will get my computer in good time before the LAN party. I might need help with the overclocking because as i said he wasn't going to do it so I'm going to do it my self and I don't think i know anything about overclocking.

Should be a sick system. You should post pics when your building it, or when it's done!

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

Should be a sick system. You should post pics when your building it, or when it's done!

I was thinking about doing it, but the only camera i have is on my phone and it is only a 3.2 megapixel camera so the quality is horrible. If you are willing to accept the horrible quality i might still do it.

Ah ok, yeah why not lol!

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

Just ordered my computer! I was really lucky with all the products being on storage so i will get my computer in good time before the LAN party. I might need help with the overclocking because as i said he wasn't going to do it so I'm going to do it my self and I don't think i know anything about overclocking.

that shouldn't be a problem, just give us a message as soon as you are done building and installing windows.

that shouldn't be a problem, just give us a message as soon as you are done building and installing windows.

Alright! And i don't really understand the system for the website I'm buying the computer from. Everything is on storage, but two of them are on a different storage. Still they are not sending it. Does all have to be at the same storage?

which website?

which website?

www.Dustinhome.no (It's in norwegian so you may not understand what is written there)

www.Dustinhome.no (It's in norwegian so you may not understand what is written there)

is there an actual problem now? amazon also ships from different warehouses, shouldnt be a problem, only if you need to pay more shipping