An angry rant about Swiftech H220.

Ghost

Well here I orginally posted a rant about swiftech's h220.

After reading Mr. Rouchon's response I have to say that this is an excellent product.

Please direct yourself further down the page to see his response.

Also, I would like to thank him for taking the time to create an account on the forum and actually convince me to like the product.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

So what about it makes it a worse choice from other non custom coolers?

This post is full of assumptions about bias so it comes off rather tin foil hat like. Do you have any actual evidence suggesting an actual intended manipulation of results? The silicon lottery is irrelevant, for the sake of a live demo multiple chips have to be used.

Companies frequently use competitors products in demos that favorably showcase their own results, this is not bad business, that was the very purpose of the Pepsi challenge (since you mentioned coke/pepsi).

It seems like you are nitpicking a live demo out of brand loyalty to another company in my opinion.

I'll wait for reviews before I make my decision on the product, not a couple youtube videos of a live demo.

I would like to start off by agreeing with you. Yes, he did say those things, yes, everybody else has implemented those already, but him saying "it has fans pre-installed", and "it works on all sockets" is not saying that they did it first, its saying that they also did it. That way you don't have to go Googleing for 5 minutes to find out. It's just answering some common questions.

About the fill port, and using it as a DIY setup:

As for the fill port, who cares, if you are going to be filling it up, you will be using a custom loop and have a res.

As for the custom loop, this is a starting point. It costs about as much as a CPU block + a rad, and it also has a pump. Don't like the pump? Run it in parallel with a another pump, it sure is powerful enough for that.

Now, onto the really difficult part, the cheating. Even if some of your concerns are legitimate, (its possible that you can get CPUs of the same model to run at different temperatures) the other coolers seemed to be running about what I would expect of them, and if your right about the CPU making a difference of a couple degrees, the H220 does at least as well. In addition to that, I trust Linus, if you don't I don't really know why your here, I think he would have let us know if something was obviously up. Like someone changing the fan speeds 3 feet away from him.

Even if the H220 is 5% less efficient, oh-well, its only $30 more than an H100i and I can at least use the rad in a custom loop. So if I want a nice cooler now, and a custom loop later, I should be saving myself a few bucks, and unless the loop comes out to wildly different results in benchmarks (which would all but destroy Swiftech's reputation) it should be fine.

Just to add a bit of background about the fans and the hand you saw in the video, they ran tests to test the maximum loudness at peak performance. There was a guy at each of the computers ready to "hit the switch" to boost the fans to their peak. This is not an uncommon practice and is done in almost every performance testing situation.

Also Linus' video is not removed:

<p><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" style="text-decoration:none;!important" href="https://twitter.com/MrWizardLTT"><span style="color:#99ccff;">@MrWizardLTT</span></a>

Just to add a bit of background about the fans and the hand you saw in the video, they ran tests to test the maximum loudness at peak performance. There was a guy at each of the computers ready to "hit the switch" to boost the fans to their peak. This is not an uncommon practice and is done in almost every performance testing situation.

Also Linus' video is not removed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgctchIQ7M

Yeah sorry edited I searched his channel feed for H220 and it would not come up. I amended it as soon as I found the vid again.

Also why would he not tell us that the fans were running at full speed? I was quite certain he said XXXX rpm at least 2 times. But then never said the fans would be turned up again.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I would like to start off by agreeing with you. Yes, he did say those things, yes, everybody else has implemented those already, but him saying "it has fans pre-installed", and "it works on all sockets" is not saying that they did it first, its saying that they also did it. That way you don't have to go Googleing for 5 minutes to find out. It's just answering some common questions.

About the fill port, and using it as a DIY setup:

As for the fill port, who cares, if you are going to be filling it up, you will be using a custom loop and have a res.

As for the custom loop, this is a starting point. It costs about as much as a CPU block + a rad, and it also has a pump. Don't like the pump? Run it in parallel with a another pump, it sure is powerful enough for that.

Now, onto the really difficult part, the cheating. Even if some of your concerns are legitimate, (its possible that you can get CPUs of the same model to run at different temperatures) the other coolers seemed to be running about what I would expect of them, and if your right about the CPU making a difference of a couple degrees, the H220 does at least as well. In addition to that, I trust Linus, if you don't I don't really know why your here, I think he would have let us know if something was obviously up. Like someone changing the fan speeds 3 feet away from him.

Even if the H220 is 5% less efficient, oh-well, its only $30 more than an H100i and I can at least use the rad in a custom loop. So if I want a nice cooler now, and a custom loop later, I should be saving myself a few bucks, and unless the loop comes out to wildly different results in benchmarks (which would all but destroy Swiftech's reputation) it should be fine.

Well apparently the fan speed was changed. Read the reply by Wizard below.

Ya, that wasn't there when I posted, but my only question is, why?

Not sure to be honest. Perhaps he thought it wasn't important to say during the video or didn't think of it. You know what they say, hind sight is always 20/20. I'm sure he would have liked to do the decible test properly if he had thought of the iPhone app. Slick's fault for not being more innovative.

<p><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" style="text-decoration:none;!important" href="https://twitter.com/MrWizardLTT"><span style="color:#99ccff;">@MrWizardLTT</span></a>

So to be clear, right at the time of recording each computers fans -except Swiftech's- had their speeds increased? Or am I misunderstanding?

So anyway, most people we mislead by that test. I don't understand why temps were taken at lowered speeds and noise ratings were taken at highest speeds. I would like to personally see the temps when fans were at highest speeds. To see how comparable they really are.

So what about it makes it a worse choice from other non custom coolers?

This post is full of assumptions about bias so it comes off rather tin foil hat like. Do you have any actual evidence suggesting an actual intended manipulation of results? The silicon lottery is irrelevant, for the sake of a live demo multiple chips have to be used.

Companies frequently use competitors products in demos that favorably showcase their own results, this is not bad business, that was the very purpose of the Pepsi challenge (since you mentioned coke/pepsi).

It seems like you are nitpicking a live demo out of brand loyalty to another company in my opinion.

I'll wait for reviews before I make my decision on the product, not a couple youtube videos of a live demo.

Not nit picking. I pointed out every single thing he said. The fact he pitches it as a better than others when its really not is whats bad.

Also people who automatically love the product.

Like you said. You need to wait for reviews before you make assumptions.

Bringing up the Pepsi challenge. Please note that pepsi never said their product was superior. The consumer came to that decision themselves. This guy is just rubbing it it everyone's face that his product is superior.

I think I'll wait for Linus to get his hands on one of these, test it and compare it to other coolers :]

Until then, I'll wait and hold onto any assumptions.

But good point on why the heck DIY-ers would get this?! It's definitely aimed towards the new people. I would like to hear why Swiftech thinks DIY-ers would get this...

In any case, it is definitely a good starter kit, especially compared to starter custom water cooling kits, where it's just a bunch of pieces picked out for you, but you still have to put it together... Thus why I think a lot of people choose to get closed loop systems. It's plug and play. But this is where the H220 shines, because it is expandable in the future, where as closed loops aren't...

I guess in the end, Swiftech's marketing scheme is kind of blegh. They made it sound like this is the cooler to rule them all!! But it is CES, they are trying to sell their products, so they try to say as many good thing as they can. Look at Apple revealing their products. Same thing. I guess what I'm saying is that, it's business. It's your job as a consumer to make the smart decision in the end, that's right for you.

But it is good that you pointed out these things! It helps us, the community of consumers, see better when researching these products, because I for sure was sold ASAP, when I saw the video, then I decided to see what others think and I guess at this point, it's a waiting game for actual hands on reviews. Great post!

I think I'll wait for Linus to get his hands on one of these, test it and compare it to other coolers :]

But good point on why the heck DIY-ers would get this?! It's definitely aimed towards the new people. I would like to hear why Swiftech thinks DIY-ers would get this...

In any case, it is definitely a good starter kit, especially compared to starter custom water cooling kits, where it's just a bunch of pieces picked out for you, but you still have to put it together... Thus why I think a lot of people choose to get closed loop systems. It's plug and play. But this is where the H220 shines, because it is expandable in the future, where as closed loops aren't...

I guess in the end, Swiftech's marketing scheme is kind of blegh. They made it sound like this is the cooler to rule them all!! But it is CES, they are trying to sell their products, so they try to say as many good thing as they can. Look at Apple revealing their products. Same thing. I guess what I'm saying is that, it's business. It's your job as a consumer to make the smart decision in the end, that's right for you.

But it is good that you pointed out these things! It helps us, the community of consumers, see better when researching these products, because I for sure was sold ASAP, when I saw the video, then I decided to see what others think and I guess at this point, it's a waiting game for actual hands on reviews. Great post!

Its a terrible starter kit. If you ever want to upgrade a pump or a cpu block then you have to do both at once.

You would have to add a real reservoir above the pump -> above the cpu block to ever re-fill it successfully.

Bleeding air bubbles out of that will be nigh on impossible.

I reckon if someone ever decided to expand this they would be put off water cooling forever.

Keep in mind this isn't a benchmark or review, it's a product announcement and overview, with a demonstration. I wouldn't make any hard judgements about it right now until we actually have some reviewers and owners with their hands on the thing who can test it out and give us some concrete data

Sure, enthusiasts will always make custom loops, but for someone like me who doesn't do a whole lot of liquid cooling this certainly seems to have some advantages over closed loops like the H100i, such as the ability to add more blocks and rads to it, which I'm actually impressed by.

It may not appeal to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to a lot of other users, as demonstrated by the high demand and use of closed loops from Corsair and other companies

Keep in mind this isn't a benchmark or review, it's a product announcement and overview, with a demonstration. I wouldn't make any hard judgements about it right now until we actually have some reviewers and owners with their hands on the thing who can test it out and give us some concrete data

Sure, enthusiasts will always make custom loops, but for someone like me who doesn't do a whole lot of liquid cooling this certainly seems to have some advantages over closed loops like the H100i, such as the ability to add more blocks and rads to it, which I'm actually impressed by.

It may not appeal to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to a lot of other users, as demonstrated by the high demand and use of closed loops from Corsair and other companies

I am not saying this is a bad closed loop cooler.

I'm saying this will be a horrible failure when people want to add a gpu or something to their loop.

Corsair made good excellent closed loop coolers and are good at what they do. This tries to sell itself a bit too high. It has a high price tag but that can be justified by the fans I guess.

I am actually quite eager for someone to actually try to expand this cooler themselves.

I'm being 100% serious here, how the hell will you bleed the air out of the system. The filling port points down. Air goes up. Figure out a way for me and I will admit this is a good product.

Oh by the way. This was a rant topic so I hope I'm not coming off too offensive in any replies.

Its a sort of prove me wrong thing!

Yeah, true. Upgrading it would be troublesome. But I see upgrading as adding components (GPU block + radiator) and not changing, but either way, would be troublesome with this system.

But like I said, this is more for the lazy people who just want to plug it in and play.

Although, I can see other people having trouble with their custom loop system, spending hours, days and some even weeks getting it fixed. Whether it be air bubbles or leaks. People have trouble no matter what. So it's really up to the individual if they want to spend the countless hours in the beginning or in the end. (You spend more time in the beginning for a custom loop and like you stated, you will have to spend more time in the end of this closed loop if you plan on upgrading it).

But I don't know, I guess you just purely hate this out of hating it. So I guess there's no more use trying to get to you...

I would think you would do it while it is not in the system, just hang it out the side while filing, then screw it in. Its not easy, but then again, why aren't you using a res?

You are not using a res because you bought an all-in-one unit. Which has a res included in a radiator. This is the exact issue I am pointing at. By the time you make it work you will have bought most of a watercooling system anyway.

Good points Ghost - I think though this "isn't" the solution for someone looking for a kit to start a custom WC loop right off. I would think this should be more positioned for the first-timer, who wants to get their hands wet with WC. Run this. Maybe 6 months, maybe a year later, looking to upgrade, at least you can. Honestly, the pump can easily handle another rad and GPU block, and as long as these people do the research (Hey, come to LTT :) ), add in a res to make fill and bleeding actually doable.

Hopefully Swiftech will advertise more in that vain - I would never consider this a replacement for something like an XSPC Kit for starting a custom loop right off. There is a reason why that is $300 to start, you also get tubing, fittings, etc. But, this has "potential" down the road....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Good points Ghost - I think though this "isn't" the solution for someone looking for a kit to start a custom WC loop right off. I would think this should be more positioned for the first-timer, who wants to get their hands wet with WC. Run this. Maybe 6 months, maybe a year later, looking to upgrade, at least you can. Honestly, the pump can easily handle another rad and GPU block, and as long as these people do the research (Hey, come to LTT :) ), add in a res to make fill and bleeding actually doable.

Hopefully Swiftech will advertise more in that vain - I would never consider this a replacement for something like an XSPC Kit for starting a custom loop right off. There is a reason why that is $300 to start, you also get tubing, fittings, etc. But, this has "potential" down the road....

Ironically I bought my first water cooling kit for $120 to the penny. I was looking for seconds hand deals on eBay for months. That goes to show if you try hard enough you can get a starter kit for the same price as that all-in-one unit. (and yes I only have premium, well branded items in my loop)

I agree with the "Slight" potential down the road. To anyone who wants to go from all-in-one to custom I would highly recommend selling thier old all-in-one kit and simply buying new parts. I am sure a second hand one of these would buy you at a minimum a pump, res and rad. Rads are very very cheap second hand.

i agree on all points and i would never do water cooling but i would like to see this vs a h100 in temps or the h100 with the i at the end which only does 1.2% better

Hello all, this is Gabriel Rouchon (aka Gabe), CEO and Swiftech's founder. Here are my comments/responses to this rant.

To start off he says this product will bridge the gap between all in one systems and full on loops. Ha! I would say that rather a joke. If you really want to have a water cooling system then please' date=' please, do yourself the decency of buying your own custom loop. [/quote']

This is an arguable opinion:

First off, the pleasure of building your own system remains. It is only made simpler here. Secondly, building a custom loop doesn’t guarantee that you will have a better performing system. It only guarantees that 1/ you’ll have fun doing research for weeks or months looking for individual components and 2/ you’ll be able to pick the components that please you most cosmetically. Do not tell us that building a custom loop will automatically result in a higher performing system.. there are just too many options out there. It may or may not, and that’s all you can say.

But more about that end. “This system can be used by novices and custom DIY users†If I ever see a DIY user buying an all-in-one cooler I will slit my wrists. Now seriously.

Slit your wrists? Please be my guest, really..

But seriously, let’s move on..

That’s like saying a pre-built PC can be used by custom PC builders. Eh' date=' no thanks. Then he goes ahead and says there’s a 3 year warranty. Well what he is saying is there is a 3 years warranty on your pump. Because that is really the only thing that can fail in a loop. [/quote']

False/incomplete: you forget the fans

Once you take it apart to add your own things I doubt you will ever get your warranty if anything but the pump fails.

Unfounded conjecture – so let me clarify your doubts:

The only thing we cannot guarantee if user expands the loop is leaks, because we can’t obviously control how the user will implement setup (just like any custom loop).. However, we have done everything in our power to make sure that connections (clamps) are as “idiot proof†as possible. Videos and how-to’s will be available upon product release showing exactly the proper installation/upgrades procedures.

Anything you put together wrong is YOUR FAULT.

Correct: if you put it together wrong, isn’t it your fault by definition? However, our responsibility and commitment is to ensure that you don’t by providing clear and complete installation guide and maintenance procedures as mentioned above.

“It comes with fans pre-attached†; well those 8 screws really made me happy.

Making light of this additional convenience to users is interesting. We’ll see later below that you turn this opinion around 180 Degree to suit your purpose.

Remember this also makes it cheaper to ship for them so it’s a benefit for THEM.

False: space in packaging is identical; but cost of installation is higher (human resource), so it does cost us a little more to install them.

“Plug and play?†; yeah taking apart a CPU socket does really take some considerable time. I think this guy forgot what plug and play means.

False: we’ve setup the CPU upgrade method to simplest possible. It take no more than 3 minutes to change from one socket to another.

“Introduced side channels in a rad†; You mean it cost you less to manufacture because there is less metal.

False: no cost saving here – and it’s not “introduced side channelsâ€, it’s “enlarged the spacing of side channels†so that there is no chance that novice user could puncture them by using non standard screws. We’ve seen people bolting screws thru the entire radiator…

Not your excuse that you won’t poke holes in it with screws. If you didn’t want that then you could have just added a rubber plate where the screw comes through?

False: Thanks for the technical advice, but that wouldn’t eliminate the above scenario.

“Swivel fittings†; Single rotary from what I can see' date=' not dual, hmm. [/quote']

Hmm what? Swivel rotates 360 degrees. No need for dual joints here.

Pump was good' date=' fair enough, you made it cheaper for yourself by cutting out the manufactures. More profit for you. Great! Also small savings to the end user. [/quote']

False: our profit margins for this kind of volume products are actually much tighter because of competitive pressures. So the savings to users are huge. For reference H20-220 Elite kit sells for $239 whereas the H220 sells for $139.00 – See the videos explaining how we pulled it off, but I can summarize it again: manufacturing the pump ourselves, and large economies of scale by launching production of components by the thousands instead of by the hundreds.

Yup great job with the pump' date=' I won’t deny that. However, the comparison to the competition is wrong. Those pumps were made for doing a closed loop. [/quote']

False: There is nothing wrong about comparing when we clearly explain that our pump was specifically designed for a different –and bigger purpose: driving multiple cooling devices as needed.

Compare yourself to an 18W Laing DDC-1Plus pump. Yeah' date=' didn’t think so. Now your 5W seems kind of childish to boast about. [/quote']

Incorrect: the pump is rated at 6Watts – and we are absolutely not ashamed to comparing against the Laing (our MCP35X) either. In fact, prior to releasing the kit, at equal 4500 RPM this pump was able to beat the 35X pressure wise by 0.5 mH20 (4.7 for ours vs 4.2 for the 35X). We intentionally not implemented high speed in the kit in order to blend operating noise with fans.

Hmm' date=' adding another radiator? I assume you will have to drain the system of course first, not JUST undo the fitting and add a radiator. I wonder how easy those all in one systems are to drain and clean out. Hmmmmm… [/quote']

False: No more difficult that any DIY system: open fill-port and drain the rad in a bucket. Port is big enough that you don’t have to disconnect tubes, and if you are setting up additional components in the loop, since you are doing custom, there is nothing preventing you from adding a drain line in the process, isn't that true?

Yeah now to the worst thing in the whole cooler. The fill port. If you look at its position you will notice it is facing up now. Consider this. You have the cooler mounted in your case. Fans facing down because that is their stock position. Now look where your fill port is. WELL' date=' unless I’m very mistaken its pointing directly down. [/quote']

You are indeed very mistaken: The fans are meant to be attached to the top of the case, and the fill-port will be facing up. Not that it would change anything anyhow because the fill-port is sealed with an o-ring so it wouldn’t leak even if it was upside down.

Well oh oh. This won’t end well. Now you see what I mean. Now lets imagine for arguments sake that the radiator is pointing the other way. Well you seem to have a huge chunk of metal called your case in the way of your fill port now. Gold star on your design swiftech! Well from my previous point bleeding the air bubbles out of the system will be joy won’t it!

Self-contradicting: It is interesting that you dismissed installing 8 screws to attach the radiator as trivial above (“well those 8 screws really made me happyâ€), and you are now criticizing to having to unscrew them to access the fill-port..what was so easy before is now becoming so difficult.. looks like a contradiction to me, no? anyways, if you use this for CPU cooling only, there is no maintenance refill for 3 years, and if you do go custom, then you are by definition an enthusiast, and a little case modding shouldn’t scare you: simple tools (a dremel or a 1†hole saw) will allow you to cut a small hole directly above the fill-port for convenient repeated access (based on the premise that enthusiasts are frequently revising their configuration to add stuff).

Firstly all the other manufactures are going “F**k you Swiftech for making our product look worse than yours

Unfounded conjecture (?):

How do you know that for a fact? Any statements so far? Any examples you care to give? Or you are just imagining? Maybe you heard it directly from the horse’s mouth? If so, how? Let me ask you straight: are you representing one of these manufacturers? or are you associated with one of them? It is so easy to publish a rant like this under the protection of anonymity.. If you do represent one of our competitors, then have the courage to say it.

I have never seen more offensive advertising in my life. It’s like Coca Cola comparing itself to Pepsi in an advert. Disgraceful.

Disgraceful heh?

How about this for disgraceful: I remember (for being there) about 3 or 4 CES ago that Cool-It (who manufactures the corsair Kit) demoed their system comparing it to a first release Apogee water-block that was at least 3 generations behind. Talk about unequal comparison.. They just wanted to prove that their AIO was better than custom kits.. so they had to pick the most antiquated of our waterblocks. In contrast, we picked the latest models from the competition available at retail. Anyways, about comparative advertising in general, you must be equally offended by auto makers comparing each other’s models on a daily basis on TV right ? Let me add in contrast to your statement that every single member of the media that came to our booth clearly stated that it was the best demo they had seen BECAUSE it placed our kit in context with some of the competition. We used the latest kits available and we never said anything derogatory. We just SHOWED the temps, using equally equipped PC’s with equal settings, and had the public LISTEN to each one. If any of the members of the media had any doubts or concerns, don’t you think they would have voiced them right there and then?

Now the overclock is a joke. They did not tweek the voltage.

From whose point of view? This was NOT an overclocking contest. It was meant to show the OC at the click of a button like most novice users will do. It also guaranteed that the lowest possible voltage would be used to reduce the heat output on each CPU so as to minimize the thermal differences due to CPU quality. This was certainly not meant -nor presented as a lab experiment, it was presented to give users an idea of the respective ranking of the cooling systems. See more comments about this below.

Also' date=' saying they are on equal ground is an outright lie. [/quote']

I strongly object to your comment here: if you are accusing us of lying this is libel on your part, and I invite you to be very careful. At no point in any of the presentations did I represent that the CPU’s generated the same amount of heat. What I said was that the systems were identical, with identical setup and overclock, and that they were all at full load (100% CPU load). What I also said in the Techoftommorow presentation was, I quote: “we want to be able to read the temperatures and be able to see approximately what temperature differences are†.

You have all heard about the silicon lottery. Some chips get hotter overclocked' date=' some don’t. [/quote']

I presume you mean some chips get hotter than others.. In that sense, then the comment is technically correct, but see my own comments above – For the record, we also tested the various competitors using same CPU’s, and the ranking remained completely consistent with the CES presentation.

You put the other fans at MINIMUM and you put your fans at half speed. Well that’s a fair test.

False: we put all the fans at 1400 RPM, which also happens to be the minimum fan speed of both Corsair and Thermaltake.

Also did you happen to add more rads to those GTX680s well yeah of course you did.

False. The system using the GTX680’s only used the H220 radiator.

.. I have perhaps the worst bone to pick with Swiftech.. the loudness should have been measured by a decibel meter.

Not feasible: This was a trade show.. not a lab experiment. I can’t help it if people from the media didn’t have a db meter. Plus there was so much ambient noise that it would have been impossible to measure anything scientifically. See for example the difference in ambient noise between Linus video (using a directional mike) and Techoftomorrow video which also picked up all the room noises making it difficult to hear the systems themselves..

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/FSLOH.jpg[/img] Why the hell is there someone’s hand there? And' date=' why did the fans suddenly ramp up all of a sudden. [/quote']

What's with the suspicion seing someone hand?

We started the demo with system running at 1400 rpm, then increased the fan speed using the manufacturer software to full speed. Someone had to do it while I was talking, right? That was the very purpose of the demo: listening to full speed.

If you really want to go into custom watercooling buy a custom kit to start out with.

Why? because you say so? let the readers decide what’s best for them!

I feel so angry at swiftech for these vids and just wanted to set a few things straight for all the people saying how great it is.

You didn’t set anything straight: You voiced your personal opinions, more often than not using false or incorrect assumptions, and failed to present anything factually correct. Just a bunch of insinuations and conjectures.

I don't understand why temps were taken at lowered speeds and noise ratings were taken at highest speeds. I would like to personally see the temps when fans were at highest speeds. To see how comparable they really are.

To take temps at max speed would require that the systems ramp up in temp for 20 to 30 minutes. There was no time for that. And comparing temps at higher speeds to see how comparable they are? Comparing temps without comparing noise levels is utter nonsense. Running the Corsair unit at 2700 rpms is simply unbearable (as a matter of personal opinion).

I'm saying this will be a horrible failure when people want to add a gpu or something to their loop.

And how can you say that? We DEMONSTRATED that it works with 2 GTX680’s and with 2 Radeon’s 7900..

I'm not taking any sides here, the reviews will dictate how good or bad it really is (good or bad in a subjective and personal opinion). Linus will for sure clarify all our doubts. Anyway, i'm glad to see Mr. Rouchon step forward, stand by his products and the community.