Intel 730 Or Samsung 850 Pro?

OneManWolfPack5

Your parents are not exactly the target group for this SSDs. And the target group, that buys that kind of ssd is surly gonna replace it long before 10 year warranty expires. Its a plus, but nothing to shout about it. Its not like they are the only ones, that offer that kind of warranty (*cough* sandisk *cough*)

PS:

You're lying about the build age. Core2 was released 8 years ago, so it's not possible for build to be 11.5 years old.

Checkmate buddy.

Wrong. Core 2 Quad was released 8 years ago. socket 775 is older than that.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Wrong. Core 2 Quad was released 8 years ago. socket 775 is older than that.

Last time i checked, core2quad was relased 2007. So thats 7 years tops :)

And while socket 775 is older. 11.5 year old motherboard would not support neither core2duo, let alone core2quad.

So you're wrong here buddy :)

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

@OneManWolfPack5 it really depends on work load and which size drives youll be getting. I personally just picked up 2x 256GB 850 Pro's for RAID 0. I was going to go 730's but you need the 480GB for full performance and I dont need ~1TB OS/Programs drive so I would be wasting a bunch of money. I also got a single 128GB 850 Pro to cache my 3TB games drive. Now if you say wanted a single ~500GB SSD or two of those in RAID I would get the 730, otherwise the 850 Pro.

go for intel a lot better 

Its really not better though.

both the 850 pro and 730 make no sense due to their price,my bro will buy an 840 evo 512GB too, so that will be our 3rd ssd (all from samsung)

Last time i checked, core2quad was relased 2007. So thats 7 years tops :)

And while socket 775 is older. 11.5 year old motherboard would not support neither core2duo, let alone core2quad.

So you're wrong here buddy :)

I am not. That is the beauty of ASUS and your ignorance of older architectures and compatible chipsets.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

both the 850 pro and 730 make no sense due to their price,my bro will buy an 840 evo 512GB too, so that will be our 3rd ssd (all from samsung)

If only price matter we'd all be using integrated graphics and driving yugo's.

If only price matter we'd all be using integrated graphics and driving yugo's.

If Intel has its way with the Knight's Landing architecture we may not be too far off from being able to rely on integrated graphics.

If Intel has its way with the Knight's Landing architecture we may not be too far off from being able to rely on integrated graphics.

You can rely on them now there plenty powerful for every day use. The top end has well iris pro gives a 640 a run for it money. That's not the point though as it would still never replace something like say my 2 670's in sli.

You can rely on them now there plenty powerful for every day use. The top end has well iris pro gives a 640 a run for it money. That's not the point though as it would still never replace something like say my 2 670's in sli.

No, but the Iris Pro 6200 series with 72 EUs to Iris 5200's 40 might, and that's just on Broadwell. With Skylake implementing unified memory on more matured DDR4, well, you might want to consider dumping the cards altogether unless the GTX 880 is a massive improvement. The days of low-end and mid-range graphics cards are severely numbered. The only thing useful about the high end is expandability.

I am not. That is the beauty of ASUS and your ignorance of older architectures and compatible chipsets.

So you're basicly saying, that your 11.5 year old asus mobo can support both core2duo and core2quad ?

Can i have link to this magical mobo please ?

No, but the Iris Pro 6200 series with 72 EUs to Iris 5200's 40 might, and that's just on Broadwell. With Skylake implementing unified memory on more matured DDR4, well, you might want to consider dumping the cards altogether unless the GTX 880 is a massive improvement. The days of low-end and mid-range graphics cards are severely numbered. The only thing useful about the high end is expandability.

Unless Intel buys someone big (like Nvidia) they will never ever touch the highend graphics market.

*cough* Larrabee *cough*

Did you not see "The top end has well iris pro gives a 640 a run for it money."

Unless Intel buys someone big (like Nvidia) they will never ever touch the highend graphics market.

*cough* Larrabee *cough*

didnt that fall on its face?

That was my point :lol:

Intel can't build a highend GPU. Period.

*cough* Larrabee *cough*

Larabee was successful you twit. Nvidia got so scared they pulled their agreement with intel to reuse Nvidia's patents. It's been a struggle now to re-engineer around them.

That's not the whole truth. Nvidia yanked its agreements with Intel to allow them to reuse some of their patents on GPU tech while Intel developed a memory module so powerful with performance so great it scared Nvidia greatly. Intel has been trying to find a way around those patents ever since.

Larabee was successful you twit. Nvidia got so scared they pulled their agreement with intel to reuse Nvidia's patents. It's been a struggle now to re-engineer around them.

Larabee successful ?? :D

You must be high or something. Larabee was simply poor design (for a gpu anyway) that never saw the light of day. Patents dont really matter much, if your product is shit from the get go.

Although some decent dedicated processing cards did pan out from Larabee, that are still sold today.

Larabee successful ?? :D

You must be high or something. Larabee was simply poor design that never saw the light of day. Patents dont really matter much, if your product is shit from the get go.

It was so good nvidia tucked tail and ran. Everyone who has mocked intel since its inception saying it will never be good at something (used to be the server chip makers) has been proven wrong.

PS: @patrickjp93

You still owe me you're magical asus board :)

It was so good nvidia tucked tail and ran. Everyone who has mocked intel since its inception saying it will never be good at something (used to be the server chip makers) has been proven wrong.

Unless you have some source to prove this, i'm calling bullshit on this one. x86 is not the way to design a GPU.

Unless you have some source to prove this, i'm calling bullshit on this one. x86 is not the way to design a GPU.

No it's not. That's what x87 was developed for.

No it's not. That's what x87 was developed for.

x87 is ancient stuff, that has no place in a modern gpu.

Still waiting on that asus board though :)

PS: @patrickjp93

You still owe me you're magical asus board :)

p5n64 WS Pro

p5n64 WS Pro

the words "suck it" come to mind.

That board is not 11.5 years old.

https://semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8145&page=5

Scroll down to juanrga and follow the links he provides.

That board is not 11.5 years old.

Yes it is. Launched 2003 with 3 revisions.

Hah, noob. My Dad has gone 11.5 years on the same build (changed from Core 2 Duo to Q6600 right when it launched, but everything else remained the same) and is only now having his build replaced. If anyone can test that warranty it's my family.

just to remind you, what have you originally stated :)

just to remind you, what have you originally stated :)

We're into H2 2014 last I checked and it launched in February.