Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CaliBee

Bitfenix Prodigy - Mini

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Guys. I know its another prodigy build.. I've been trying to post this build for quite some time now just been too busy with work. I'm a college student majoring in business management. I know this build is overkill for what I do. (Browsing the internet, light gaming and watching videos.) Most of these parts I was able to get for cheap due to a few craigslist deals and lots of snooping around slickdeals. Most of these parts I've recieved were in pristine condition. As you can tell I'm a Noctua fanboy. Pictures coming soon!

Specs

CPU

Xeon e1245 v3 -150 usd

RAM

Team Vulcan 2x4gb 1600mhz -50

MB

Asrock Z87E itx -80

GPU

Asus 290x direct cu ii -350

SDD

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb -85

PSU

Corsair RM450 -45

COOLER

Noctua nh-d14 -40

CASE

Bitfenix Prodigy -60

FAN Controller

NZXT Sentry 2 -10

I'm not home right now so I don't have the exact noctua fan models. But I have one intake in the front, two intake on top, and one exhast in the rear.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is an issue with the Asus 290 and 290X. I think it had something to do with the cooler not actually being designed for that card, so it doesn't work properly.

The cooler was originally designed for the 780. I have removed the OEM thermal paste and applied artic silver mx-2. idles around 35c with a room temp of 67. Highest I've seen is about 75c thats when running titanfall.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is an issue with the Asus 290 and 290X. I think it had something to do with the cooler not actually being designed for that card, so it doesn't work properly.

Yes all these parts have been received. Just need time to take pictures and upload them.

Have you got these parts already?

Also you're going to need a bigger psu

Wait, is the name of the build "Mini", or is it going to be a build using a modified 'mini' Prodigy case? One of those is slightly more exciting than the other.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7 4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4         Keyboard Rosewill RK-9100BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB         Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2               Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage Samsung 840 500GB SSD

Server 01                                           Router (pfSense)                              Black Box (Loaner Rig)                      SR-2 Dust-Magnet
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                CPU Xeon E3 1246V3                        CPU Pentium G2120                           CPU 2x Xeon E5520
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                         MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC                  MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                     MB EVGA SR-2
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB   RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (borrowed)   RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (borrowed)   RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                GPU integrated                                  GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC                    GPU XFX R9 295x2
PSU Corsair CX430M                          PSU Antec EA-380D                          PSU Corsair GS700                            PSU Corsair AX1200
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                   Case Norco RPC-250 2U                     Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy            Case Corsair 700D
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                     Cooling Stock                                   Cooling stock                                    Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo
Storage Adata 120GB SSD (OS)         Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD               Storage Fujitsu 120GB HDD                Storage WD Black 1TB
              8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                     
                WD Green 2TB

The name is Mini. I know this case is huge but its compact with the massive nh-d14 and with all fan slots occupied.

Wait, is the name of the build "Mini", or is it going to be a build using a modified 'mini' Prodigy case? One of those is slightly more exciting than the other.

Don't OC the card at all, thats if the psu can handle it under load lol. I would have gone for a strong 550w. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The top intake fan is Noctua NF-F12.

The front intake is Noctua NF-A14 FLX.

The two CPU fans are Noctua NF-P14.

The one rear exhast fans is Noctua NF-A14 FLX. 

piC0nSQ.jpg

BWGSYzG.jpg

d9HX5VM.jpg

UqYgugF.jpg