The big thing announced was the new shield tab

Sharif

Why is that controller so fat? Does it have some other hardware in it?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Pretty sure this isn't meant to replace the old shield. They called it an addition to the shield family and it isn't called the shield 2 (its called Shield Tablet). Anyhew was that a 3.5mm headphone jack on the controller? if it is then its a nice touch.

If I bought the joystick is that I'll be able to use it like any joystick to my pc games

I would like to get one to replace my phone. I already have a shield, I use it more then my phone. I gamestream from my pc to my shield when I'm not at home. It looks like you can use your shield as the controller for the tablet, if you have that, so if I got the tablet and another controller, bam, Mario Kart at Starbucks. (Also, eww fuck Starbucks, but you get the idea)

Also, currently, shield is great for media streaming with xbmc, took some tinkering but works away from home as well.

My questions:

Can it receive phone calls and text messages in Canada? And if yes, on which carriers?

Does a Shield Portable works as a controller for the tablet?

Why is that controller so fat? Does it have some other hardware in it?

Big ol' battery perhaps? Similar feel to Shield 1?

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

i wonder if you can use a bluetooth controller (like a dualshock 3) with the tablet...

If you can get Dualshock to work on Android it should work with the tablet.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

so would the secret nvidia meeting that linus couldn't talk about be about this?

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

only thing i can imagine of

BMW-Rosen-replacement-rear-seat-DVD-Syst

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

That controller looks huge, and I have pretty big hands.

Would love to see Luke use it, looks like they are bringing back the Duke!

How much do you think they'd sell a bundle with the controller? Wouldn't be interested in picking up this one without it.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Hmm, wonder if i can use the LTE version in EU if i buy it in the US...

the shield from north america will support these 

North America:

LTE: Bands 2,4,5,7,17 (1900, 1700, 850, 2600, 700)

HSPA+: Bands 1,2,4,5 (2100, 1900, 1700, 850)

and in EU we mostly use 2600, but that can vary from country and provider

here's a list of bands we use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Europe

so depends really where you're gonna be

but if you don't have some awesome roaming plan, i wouldn't use net abroad

i never use it if i travel because it's sooooo damn expensive

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Ok Seriously NVIDIA??? I really feel like this would have been soo much better as a Windows 8.1 tablet over Android. And secondly a freaking controller??? Really?? We play on PC's for a mouse and keyboard god dammit. This needs a keyboard not a stupid controller. And heck why not a mouse. THERE. And you can do so much more with Windows then Android, Microsoft Office, Steam, Program.exe. And seriously the controller makes this nice compact tablet huge if you plan to use it as intended. Not worth the money what so ever. So yeah, Razer Switchblade all the way, I want it so bad.