NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler - Thoughts?

Hi guys,

Just thought I would ask what everyone's thoughts are on the new NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler. I plan to use it in my build (see my profile for my PC Part Picker link). NZXT are offering a generous 6-year warranty with it. That's the second highest warranty that I've seen on computer hardware.

The said CPU water cooler will be going into a NZXT H440 and since I wanted to keep with my black and white themed build I thought that it be a perfect pairing + the H440 is designed for it and I thought that it would be only right to use their AIO CPU water cooler since they make great cases as well. :)

So, what are your thoughts guys?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It should be good, not as good as a custom loop obviously.

I'm getting an X31 soon. Just for the looks really.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

My thoughts are that, with the right fans, it's the best performing dual-fan AIO.

The key phrase there being 'with the right fan', it's very hard to find decent 140mm fans suitable for radiators.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It should be good, not as good as a custom loop obviously

What exactly is a "custom loop"? *comes out from under rock* :D

What exactly is a "custom loop"? *comes out from under rock* :D

Have you seen my PC since my watercooling update ages ago mate? Buy the tubes, fittings, radiator, pump etc. Then build a custom watercooling solution, custom watercooling loop

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Have you seen my PC since my watercooling update ages ago mate? Buy the tubes, fittings, radiator, pump etc. Then build a custom watercooling solution, custom watercooling loop

Hey mate, it's been awhile since you've posted on one of my threads.

Now about the custom loop. I wasn't asking because I wanted to make one. I was just curious about what it was ;). Thanks for the help anyway. Tis much appreciated. :)

My thoughts are that, with the right fans, it's the best performing dual-fan AIO.

The key phrase there being 'with the right fan', it's very hard to find decent 140mm fans suitable for radiators.

Corsair are soon to release their SP120 LED and SP140 LED fans very soon.

The SP140 LED's would suit this cooler perfectly, they would also be cheaper than buying into the expensive (but awesome) Noctua 140's. The Corsairs should (with its rated specs) perform within a very small margin of the Noctua's as well.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz GPU: HD7970 OC 1200MHz/1650MHz @ 1.138v RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Hyper X Fury PSU: SilverStone 1200W Strider Gold MOBO: MSI GD65 GAMING COOLER: Swiftech H220 CASE: Corsair Air 540 SSD: OCZ 240GB AGILITY 3 HDD: 2X 1TB SAMSUNG SPOINPOINT KEYBOARD: SteelSeries 6GV2 MOUSE: ZOWIE PRO EVO MONITOR: 27" Asus LED 1080p

Agreed. I have the H90 and I have been looking for a replacement fan for it and I honestly haven't found anything that will work other than Noctuas. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Corsair are soon to release their SP120 LED and SP140 LED fans very soon.

The SP140 LED's would suit this cooler perfectly, they would also be cheaper than buying into the expensive (but awesome) Noctua 140's. The Corsairs should (with its rated specs) perform within a very small margin of the Noctua's as well.

I wouldn't class corsair SP fans as 'good'. They're mediocre at best, cooling adequately while being fairly noisy compared with similarly priced fans (Swiftech helix are quieter, and have great radiator performance)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Hi guys,

Just thought I would ask what everyone's thoughts are on the new NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler. I plan to use it in my build (see my profile for my PC Part Picker link). NZXT are offering a generous 6-year warranty with it. That's the second highest warranty that I've seen on computer hardware.

The said CPU water cooler will be going into a NZXT H440 and since I wanted to keep with my black and white themed build I thought that it be a perfect pairing + the H440 is designed for it and I thought that it would be only right to use their AIO CPU water cooler since they make great cases as well. :)

So, what are your thoughts guys?

Like @TheDigitalRealm said, the X61 with the 'right fans' and you'd be golden. Say X61 + 2 NF-A14's.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Like @TheDigitalRealm said, the X61 with the 'right fans' and you'd be golden. Say X61 + 2 NF-A14's.

I'm not too fussy about fans. I know some people are quite a bit but I'm just like...meh! :)