What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

Why not review Huawei phones a bit? They released EMUI 9 (their OS) late last year. Apparently you can now remote desktop to your phone and make easier organizing things on your phone.

I saw this article recently and knowing that my country is a 3rd world country maybe seeing how this performance handles games would be awesome.

I would like to know also if it's worth buying and if this build is a few years future proof or will you have to aim higher.

All items used is in the article. Link to article: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/hardware/292556-the-best-value-for-money-gaming-pc-you-can-buy-in-south-africa.html/amp

Hey how about remote gaming over KVM extenders?
4K 60FPS, mathematically lossless compression over a 10G network

For when your megabehemoth PC is just loud and you want to play in silence somewhere else.
Oh and if you have virtual machines that you want to play with... how about a connecting to RDP, PCoIP and VMRC targets through the same receiver unit? :)
https://www.blackbox.com/en-US/products/black-box-brand-products/kvm/control-room-kvm/4k-kvm-over-ip-switch

If you review this, let me know - I watch a few tech tips videos almost every day when I get home from work while waiting for dinner :)
Have been a subscriber for a few months now.

I would like to see a Video about GAMES that aren't available to us here in the "Western World".... 

Example: Call Of Duty: Online.. (A FREE 2 PLAY CHINESE ONLY [no english] GAME THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED USING PIA'S HONG KONG VPN)

I know there are more games out there...

Or Maybe the video would be showing how using a VPN can also help bypass local content restrictions and FREEING the internet up again!!! 

Amazon is selling a lot of refurbished Dell systems for office and gaming. Perhaps a test on them to see what you can get for under £300 

Would love too see a full review of The Asus Mothership very interested to find out what the two power supplies are for now I thought a perfect example for two PSUs would be one to have as a permanent on in say PC mode on a desk and the other to charge the battery this will keep the battery in better health.

But I don't think that's the reason either way would love to have a full review it's the kind of system I would buy fits my needs exactly

In the spirit of the Nintendo, Sega, Atari, and god only know what else "Classics" coming out, I hope you're take the time to review the PC classic. It's a custom built PC game system that will run classic PC games.  Right now they are saying it will come with 30 core games and the ability for users to purchase more.  It's still under development now, but I hope you'll keep it in mind.  The link below goes to the developer's web page and they are asking for "Influencers" to review the product when it becomes available.

https://unitetechno.com/dt_catalog/pc-classic/

https://youtu.be/2sjbrqR36w4

https://youtu.be/6f5PIrUT_Ts

Mr Linus could you please do a comparison video on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 TG Edition vs Fractal design meshify c mini vs nzxt H400 on 

Air cooling

Liquid cooling 

Component fittings

Modding

Quality control 

General building experience 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

For those who have been around along time or those doing lots of Photo, video, drone work cloud sync storage space is an issue. Would you review the Cloud storage options for >2.01TB sync live NOT COLD storage.

Why?

Google Drive current Options

2TB = $9.99US/months

Only Next option is 10TB = $99.99US/months

Most personal, family and business users under 5 users can't afford to go from $10 to $100/month. No one grows from 2TB to 10TB in a month. Why can't they add a $10 per tb option so you can grow as needed. Microsoft, Amazon and others all do something similar. The lag time on these Corp keeping up with our needs is insulting. 

Yes, I know you can buy 5x google business accounts for "unlimited" but thats still $50/month and many times now I've had Unlimited taken away or changed so I had to start over in a different cloud or it's so slow it's unusable. 

Could you compare the common options, and test the non-name brands because they are so slow or their apps can't handle the file counts and indexing so they crash.

I know you've done a few backup video which is good I do like Crash Plan Pro but I'm talking about usable Sync live storage where the photos and videos are accessible not cold somewhere hard to access.

Cloud to Cloud access is important. Youtube can directly import from Google Drive/Photos so moving large content doesn't take up your local storage and bandwidth once it's in the cloud. Many other apps can read directly from Google/Onedrive this is a major feature for performance of large amount of file or file sizes when GB internet isn't an option or the math doesn't add up to download and reupload just to move date from one platform to another.

Photography and videos shouldn't be hidden away somewhere they need to be accessible all the time. They need to be viewable in full quality at full speed on mobile app or desktop. 

Currently I'm using the Office 365 5TB single user loophole, upload all the data to Onedrive. Once I hit 5TB I'll have to ask them for more space and will only get it as needed(If at all). It's very painful. You have to talk to someone just to get more space. At a monthly cost of $10/TB market rate, talking to a person that cost Microsoft $20-40/hour plus resources is insane. All because of some storage abuse concerns.

Other issues with current apps. Most require you put all the data in one root folder to sync it. When trying to sync 4-8tb of data which takes 45-80 days on a fast connect thats alot to ask and a large cost per GB for high speed local storage usable for other tasks. Even if you can remove the local copies as they sync it's a mess and costly. Some backup services allow for seeding (sending harddrives) But none I found for sync'ing live data. I estimate my photoshoots, drone flights range around 40-100GB a shoot. Which takes me 1 day to update to OneDrive. 

One of Googles new app options lets you select a folder anywhere and sync it without moving it to a root location but once more anything above 2.01TB is very costly at google and in my judgement as a customer evil! Not understanding small business or personal users needing to upgrade TB by TB and assuming going from $9.99 to $99.99 a month isn't a big deal is a joke, it's caused me endless pain and many times my data couldn't be synced properly. Thats more than most pay for intenet. 

Having more than 2TB of data in a 4K world isn't alot.

Because of this issue I've had to move half my data to Office 365 Onedrive(SharePoint bullshit [not real Onedrive]) and half in google drive. At this point I might have to put new content somewhere else until google or 365 gets their heads out of their asses and fixes this. 

Growing around a 1.5TB a year I dread the future, customers shouldn't be punished for having data but we are. 

I'm very hesitant related to Google Assistant, Cortana, Siri, Amazon Alexa related to security, collection of voice/video and monitoring all the time. 

I don't believe we have real security in most of the internet and trusting a company like Crash Plan Pro with my cold data when I can encrypt it before it leaves my server or workstation is different than allowing a live streaming recording devices in my home or office/pocket monitoring all the time. 

Can you review all of these from a stand point of security, remote access, hacking ease, cost, usefulness, integration with Microsoft, Google and Steam Ecosystems.

Can you review the Terms of Services and Privacy Policy as well as what recourse do customers have if their device or cloud storage is compromised. Currently it seems nothing is, will or can be done. I've been sent notice of being part of countless class actions lawsuits over HP Printers, Nvidia, dell, WD... but often it's $10 and not worth the time to fill out the countless paperwork. Will you talk about these too. They seem useless except to the lawyers. 

Should we trust these devices, clouds and corps who manage them?

Would you trust these devices in your children rooms, bathroom/shower, bedrooms?

Baby monitors are notoriously poor security, so are smart TVs which is why the Camera is no longer an option on most tvs. 

Why are these devices that cost $20-100 any better/safer? 

Apple, wendys, google, microsoft, amazon all collecting, typing, Face, Finger and Voice Prints too. I was tough in the early days of security and technology that you never use anything for authentication you can't change or replace. Furthermore you should never use anything directly connected to you, like Bdays, childrens name, fingers, noises, eyeballs.... Why the hell are we using fingers, eyes, noises and voices. DNA should be the worst option. Once those are leaked you can't get them back and all data is easy to clone and modify. 

If you work in a high risk/high security industry you could literally lose a finger. Doing things because their easy not smart or based on science is what leads to abuse and disasters. Normal Actions is abnormal situations lead to disasters. 

Please review these products from this stand point and if you knowing how poor security really is and how most homes, business have NO prevention or detection products in place.

I want to see which phones are able to smash a car's windows... for science.

I would really love to see a review of the HP Spectre x360 13" gem cut model (late 2018) with the new cooling solution. Preferably the Full HD one without SureView or the UHD one. 

Very curious about this thing I found

Apple Cinema Display: 1600p resolution, large screen, very old... however, can it game? I don't have the money to look at these things for fun, but hey, it seems like the thing u guys do (gr8 channel btw)

it's pretty cheap I think, even more so if you find it on craigslist 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Cinema-HD-Display-30-Inch-DVI-2560x1600-A1083-M9179LL-A-Monitor-Only/123206937166?epid=82049072&hash=item1cafb4aa4e:g:23YAAOSw8eFbLWw-:rk:10:pf:0

specs:

https://everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_cinema_display_30.html

On 1/23/2019 at 4:36 AM, JamesTheGreat said:

I would like to see a Video about GAMES that aren't available to us here in the "Western World".... 

Example: Call Of Duty: Online.. (A FREE 2 PLAY CHINESE ONLY [no english] GAME THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED USING PIA'S HONG KONG VPN)

I know there are more games out there...

Or Maybe the video would be showing how using a VPN can also help bypass local content restrictions and FREEING the internet up again!!! 

yeet i have seen cod online, also wat if u use a vpn to make it look like ur in north korea, will everything be blocked lol

Create the ultimate gaming rig with as wireless as it can be. :D

Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma https://www.amazon.ca/Razer-Cynosa-Chroma-Spill-Resistant-Individually/dp/B075KMZ4MX/ref=sr_1_16_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548934355&sr=1-16-spons&keywords=wireless+mechanical+keyboard+backlight&psc=1

Mouse: Razer Lancehead https://www.amazon.ca/Razer-Lancehead-Gaming-Grade-Performance-Ambidextrous/dp/B06XH113GY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548934471&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=wireless+mouse+Razer&psc=1

Display: I have no idea, I'm actually looking for a sollution to get my RIG with a wireless display but unable to look it up deeply enough. Is it enough for casual gaming if I use any adapter or what?

MOBO: Needs WiFi so use something with 5Ghrz or 60 + router

A USB 3.1 HUB getting the juice from the display

Wireless printer (because why not)

Wireless gaming controller

Wireless phone charger

Anything I've missed?