What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

review ddr5 when it comes to the mainstream 

from the liquid cooled desk of the Corpse_Keeper

5 minutes ago, corpse_keeper said:

review ddr5 when it comes to the mainstream 

DDR4 RAM was finalized in 2012, but it didn't begin to go mainstream until 2015 when consumer processors from Intel and others added support for it.

Obviously if the pattern holds and the estimates are accurate as to finalizing in 2018, we can hope for consumer support in 2021.

I'm kinda curious to see your production process: how you decide the subjects to cover, writing process, how the shooting is set up, editing and media management, and finalizing the production and putting it on YouTube.  I think it would be fascinating.  

Best Mac

Mac Review

Macintosh Special

Easy Apple

Apple's and Bananas. 

1. Could u guys do a round up of chinese cpu coolers?

2. Just out of curiosity, if you're willing and able to: Remember the browser battery life test video yuo guys did? Could you try that with macbooks? I'm curious if they suffer from inconsistency as well.

From 12V DC to DC PSU for cars or boats !!!

Edited by Greenhat
missing information

Would be cool to see a cheap tech from wish video

I think you should check out the AMD A processor series, i'm using the a-12 right now, good performance. Here it is.

It would nice to see a review of AMD's StoreMI from Enmotus and it's performance if any.

Can you do a roundup of the cheapest HDDs/ SSDs on Amazon and Newegg and see whether they're worth investing in?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Iskiros said:

Can you do a roundup of the cheapest HDDs/ SSDs on Amazon and Newegg and see whether they're worth investing in?

Thanks

The average user has no reason to purchase an expensive SSD drive, because in actuality, if the drive isn't used intensively, there is no meaningful difference between a Samsung EVO 850 and Kingston UV400 SSD (for example). The question should actually be: the performance difference between budget and pro level SSDs, and whether or not it's worth the money. (Of course the more expensive drives are faster...)

Basically, the more your workload relies on sequential data transfers, the less important a higher-end SSD is. Office use and multitasking workloads rely more on random small I/O, whereas gaming - if it's limited by storage at all - tends to be doing big sequential transfers (loading levels and maps and stuff.)

However, there is also the quality aspect of the drive. Iin the era of HDDs or SSDs, I'd always be happy to pay more for better quality, because a dying storage device is a pian in the ass. Dying SSDs tend to be more sudden death types than slow deaths, which makes it even more annoying*. More expensive devices (relative to an amount of storage) tend to have longer warranties, ergo they're probably more reliable.

* - as always, backups are essential, but system downtime is still system downtime, backups or not.

Hey guys!

A5let here!

So I'm debating between getting a gaming laptop and a cloud gaming subscription. The one cloud gaming service I am leaning towards is called Shadow (here's the link: https://shadow.tech/usen) So, what I want to know is if this service is a viable option to a gaming laptop and can it be used easily in real-world situations with varying internet speeds that I may come across at home, while traveling, and at school. And if not, what gaming laptop would be a good fit to play space engineers under 1000 dollars at medium to high settings.

Thanks all!

23 minutes ago, A5let said:

Hey guys!

A5let here!

So I'm debating between getting a gaming laptop and a cloud gaming subscription. The one cloud gaming service I am leaning towards is called Shadow (here's the link: https://shadow.tech/usen) So, what I want to know is if this service is a viable option to a gaming laptop and can it be used easily in real-world situations with varying internet speeds that I may come across at home, while traveling, and at school. And if not, what gaming laptop would be a good fit to play space engineers under 1000 dollars at medium to high settings.

Thanks all!

You're better off asking that question in the correct subforum:

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/88-laptops-and-pre-built-systems/

On 13/07/2018 at 11:01 PM, dgingeri said:

I'm kinda curious to see your production process: how you decide the subjects to cover, writing process, how the shooting is set up, editing and media management, and finalizing the production and putting it on YouTube.  I think it would be fascinating.  

Er, what about this one?: 

I mean doesn't quite cover everything you mentioned in detail, but still...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

GW Security products (NVRs, cameras, etc).

Apparently they rebrand other cameras from China, all the software is Chinese, and one NVR (5532) was caught "phoning home" (as mentioned on their google forum linked at gwsecurityusa.com).  If you're interested, we just updated an amazon review of ours, and had quite the experience dealing with it all.  We used two different NVRs (3208EP, 5532N) and two different sets of PoE cameras (5180IP, 5437EIP).  Aside from our worries about the security of computers on the LAN attached to the unit, we're finally happy with it all.

With crime on Vancouver Island increasing over the recent years, and with consumer-accessible security cameras becoming better than what I've seen at retailers... I think it might make a good video.

If you guys want to talk about it, let me know.

EDIT: That didn't last long.  Problems again.  Will update later if possible.  Much disappoint.  Not happy.

Edited by MegamanXGold
All things change with just a little bit of time

the new 2018 acer predator helios 300 with the 1050ti ,ph315-51-72u

I'll play captain obvious here:

When the next generation graphics cards come out, 1180's & such .. that'd be awesome

I know they'll review them but still, cap'n needs a job.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*