What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

Home (or apartment) automation product series.  I've been doing a lot of research on this and it seems the market is really missing non-paid for reviews for products in this area.  It could be interesting building a series out of it in the kitchen/bed room.  Instructional, how-tos, product reviews.
1. Control software like https://www.home-assistant.io/ https://www.openhab.org/ or others (unraid has docker plugins for some).

2. August Smart locks
3. Sonoff smart switches (open source, firmware can be rewritten). 

4. Ubiquiti (possibly HikVision) cameras and controlles/triggers.

5. August Doorbell Cam

6. Nest or Honeywell Thermostats

7. Alarm systems

8. Roomba? integration

9. Misc sensors

Whatever you guys do, stop using the word EVERYONE in your titles. Its like 2 or three titles in as many days you used it.

On 7/22/2014 at 1:30 AM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

Even though it's a motorbike headphone tech, I would love to see Linus opinion being an audiophile on the Headwave Tag;

http://www.headwave.de/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all,

I was in the market for a screen protector for my S9+, and while normally I get one from Spigen for every phone I had in the family for the past couple years, Spigen doesn't seem to have one for the S9+. Instead, they got something called "Screen Protector GLAS.tR Nano Liquid", which is a wet wipe that you rub on your screen and the solution fuses with your screen or something. It claims to have a higher hardness than your average phone's oleophobic coating and might potentially cover up tiny scratches in the oleophobic coating.

I tried searching for reviews online, and anything currently on Youtube about it is garbage. A few people asked about it on Reddit and various forums but many responders to those threads simply called it snake oil with no explanation. I discovered a few other similar products like "Nanofixit Phone - Nano Liquid Screen Protector", and a few others that I simply cannot remember at the moment. There are also a few products that claim to remove scratches or restore the oleophobic coating like "Crystal Armor Fusso Cell Phone Fingerprint Oleophobic Coating", and "Nanofixit Scratch Remover".

Of all these products, there seems to be very little third party info about them. It'll be pretty cool if we can get a video or two about whether or not these products are more scratch resistant, can fix scratches and micro scratches, and endurance of the coatings. LTT does have one video about a wet applied liquid screen protector, but that was from 2012 and it was tested on a Blackberry. 

Hey @Slick,

My searching led me here as the best place to post a video suggestion, my apologies if this is not the best place.

It would be great to see how load times (and temps/fps?) of games/tests would be affected if loading games from a RAM disk (eg. ASUS RAMdisk, or Dataram, or whatever is best).

With a comparison to M.2 drive (a good one like Samsung 960 evo or newer), and of course compared to spinning HDD.

Obviously this would require a delay on startup, however in theory the above M.2 drive would load 60GB into a RAM disk in about 20 seconds. (EDIT: would be great to see RAMDisk load times across tests/games for SSD/HDD)

I think this would be a reasonable delay at startup, and would be ($'s aside) worthwhile if it saves more seconds in loading levels than the time to write the RAMdisk at startup (or worthwhile for anyone wiling to wait the applicable seconds before playing)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who could add 32-64 GB RAM (or already have this somewhat unused), that would be happy to load whatever their current mainly played game happens to be.

TBH I'm surprised game developers (or engine developers) aren't making use of available RAM in this way, although based on testing seen on LTT video's I suspect Tomb Raider does something close to this already (not that I'd know).

Anyway, here's my suggestion, I hope it is useful.

EDIT (again):
I've just found this video review of Dimmdrive from 20/1/15.
I doubt too much has changed in the last 3 years, and since Dimmdrive provided no improvement on (SATA) SSD, unless Dimmdrive as an app is/was flawed, there doesn't seem any point in creating the video I suggested in this post.

To prevent future random threads popping up asking Linus to review a certain product, wouldn't it be better/more convenient to pin this thread at the top of the General section of the LTT forum?

@TheRandomness

@airdeano

@Crunchy Dragon

@leadeater

@GoodBytes

@Ryan_Vickers

@W-L

@wkdpaul

P.S. Sorry for the spam tagging :) I don't know who is responsible for this and/or who is online.

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Oooh OK. I've missed that part then xD

Yeah it's buried somewhere in the last 50 pages! xD

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

i dont know if you have tried yet but i'd like to see how good the Vega 64 performs not in terms of charts and numbers but sheer user experience and not trolling , advertising 

Well, i think if LTT guys could make a "Top 5/10" lists on laptops in several categories like: budget, all round/multimedia, content creation, gaming, and all sort of stuff. That would be great image.jpeg.ed26dbb6bf8463a3dece9e992d7b9519.jpeg

On 7/21/2014 at 8:30 PM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

This Thunderbolt 3 Adapter please! Newegg Link

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 
 | GPU: MSI 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X 10G OC | | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | PSU: MSI MPG A750GF Gold Fully-Modular | Mouse: MSI CLUTCH GM50 | Keyboard: MSI Vigor GK60 Cherry MX Red | 

| Headset: MSI DS502 GAMING Headset | Case: MSI MPG SEKIRA 100R | 

| Displays: AOC AGONAG241QX Gaming Monitor 24" & Acer CB282K 28.0" 2160p 60Hz HDR IPS | Wrist Rest: MSI Vigor WR01 Wrist  Rest | 

review with no item droped i know that will be very hard challenge almost imposible but i hope it will some day happen

Do a review on the Surface Hub line! We just got one of these at work and I would love to see what it can do.

TRIUMF Particle Accelerator! (in your backyard.. well, almost)

Hey guys, I watch most of your videos and I love how you cover not only tech but also super awesome facilities that most of the people can't get access to and otherwise would never see.  What I am surprised is that you guys never went to TRIUMF (UBC) which is located 45min from your office.

http://www.triumf.ca/home/about-triumf

Being a Canadian channel this would be very cool if you showcase truly Canadian technology. They do all sorts of physics experiments there, and the facility is absolutely awesome to visit. Surprisingly they do public tours so to get there with a film crew will be no problem. 

I visit that facility for work about twice a year. We test our electronics for operation in radiation environment to see how it will survive in space when it is launched to International Space Station and on occasion beyond. Even though I have been there many times the sight of it always amazes me. 

I really recommend visiting it and I am certain you will not be disappointed. 

Cheers,

Val

Review the Forum itself? Put it in the spotlight, since it's been so successful!

Please review asus poseidon gtx 1080 ti.This is the one with air and water cooling at the same time.