What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

The perpouse of the video is simple. You attach as many dongles in series as possible. But you cant use the same one 2 times.

But no. It would be boring without some new technology that makes it better.

And no, not usb c

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Have them recreate this!

Image result for adapter pc meme

/s (I understand it wouldn't work :P )

A cool idea to tie into your idea, at least someone in LMG probably has an old peripheral (joystick, racing wheels, trackball, etc.) that they probably would love to have work; but might need some adapter.

Looking at how they solve this might be a decent video idea.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Have them recreate this!

Image result for adapter pc meme

(I understand it wouldn't work :P )

I'm sure you could work through this with the right adapters. If you really dissect the adapters there's several points where it'd need to be re-wired. I can break it down later tonight if anyone is interested.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is now friendly enough that when windows is already installed it will install along side and make the system a duel boot.

I was thinking a video on the benefits of editing and gaming on debian based linux system and the general privacy that comes with Linux. 

With the release of the new S10+ and with Samsung and Apple always butting heads together, I think it would be awesome if you guys over at LTT could make a "Through The Years" kind of segment where you take the first model of something and go through each iteration to the current version. I would be cool to see the old Galaxy S and iPhone in their original flavors. I loved how you did that with Nvidia and AMD GPU's, so I think a segment with the phones would be really cool!

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

This would be great, they did the AMD over the last 10 years and Nvidia over the last 10 years vids, this would be right alongside those.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I was just seeing the Anne pro 2 and this is one of its features "Love the Anne Pro 2 but miss the flexibility of using a QMK compatible board? No problem! All keys on the keyboard can be remapped to become any key you want through ObinsLab Starter".

The keyboard is really cheap 80$ and IMO it looks epic.

Been checking out 2080ti cards. But their cost are so high that it made me wonder. Can you buy 2 2080 cards and run them in SLI(NV-Link maybe) instead of buying 1 2080ti card and get better preformance? 

Also, what is the best fps set-up you can buy for the least ammount of money. 

Lenovo got a pre-built case called Legion C530. It it posibble to upgrade it the LTT way? 9900k etc.? The case looks really cool and would be the perfect PC to carry to LAN in my opinion.

9 hours ago, RichardTechNoob said:

Lenovo got a pre-built case called Legion C530. It it posibble to upgrade it the LTT way? 9900k etc.? The case looks really cool and would be the perfect PC to carry to LAN in my opinion.

One of the other big tech-tubers did that, I wish I could remember who...

If you want a portable PC case, track down one of these.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 11/21/2018 at 5:33 PM, RyzeNShine said:

Shadow 'PC in the Cloud' software!

On 11/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, Falco5150 said:

Shadow. the online gaming pc rental software.

He has already, right? 

The HP Omen X 65 Experium. It's a 65-inch 4K gaming TV with G-Sync, HDR, 144 Hz refresh-rate; the works.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

Perhaps y'all could try out NVDIMMs. (Non-volatile storage in DIMM slots) Theoretically much faster than NVMe if I understand it correctly (And I very well may be mistaken).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

[Video Request] UPS systems general information and buyers guide

while searching these forms and youtube for my self, i found that this would make for a awesome video

Topics

• intro
  • sponsor
  • general information
  • what to look for
  • difference between watts and volt-amps
  • basic suggestions
  • how to find out what you need (voltage meter) *do the math
  • price to performance and how not to overpay?
  • tiers suggestions
    • basic
    • causal run of the mill gamer (needing to finish a level before shut down)
    • OC OP gaming computer (its not over till i say its over)
    • the apocalypse came? i didn't notice...
  • benefits
    • dirty wall energy (scrap yard wars clip insert here) 
    • may help overclocking
    • may prevent harm to your system
    • having your internet on one to keep your internet running during a black out
    • other uses
      • other uses - insert joke, james with long blonde hair and a curling iron. why? reasons ( o.O )
  • things i missed, or need to be mentioned... 
  • topics from the thread?

END

be gentle is my first post xD

ps ty to the mods on telling me where to put this 

VIDEO REQUEST : .:. HOME SECURITY CAMERAS HUB OPTIONS FROM CHEAPEST TO SAFEST .:.

Hi everyone at LTT, i am deeply grateful for the channel and all of you!
It keeps me out of my personal ruminations watching your funny episodes, thank you ❤️

I am new to security cams setup, but quite good in autodidact D.I.Y. mentality and comfortable with electronic soldering,
and lastly i am a n0ob in coding but also already broken the ice with RasPi3B+ if i am guided clearly.

So i was wondering what is the most affordable setup for security cameras for a house ?

Ideally i want to use 4 small/hidden HD 1080p cams for all my main access points to the house from the outside view, that can be selected individually to warn me all the roommates on our cellphones with live feed when movements are detected but only on certain one's because the front entrance is a busy street and we don't want to get annoyed with lots of false alerts. Is it possible to create our own cloud storage on a hard drive that can send alerts via wifi data or sms if absent from the house with a link to our diy cloud to see the stream live wherever we are ?

I heard about the security cam cloud service and monitoring called '' Stratocast '' by Genetec : ( https://www.genetec.com/solutions/all-products/stratocast/overview )
but i am not sure it is worth the yearly cost for only an appartment if a DIY solution exist.

I don't wish to have some bulky pods of plastic balls or any eye popping devices, discrete as possible, thin like a wire with the lens has its pin head if it exist.
That can be fished thought walls with only a small hole to in the frames/walls.

For visual filters is there are any hybrid versions of camera lens that are both functional in
day time so has infrared in night time for the same lens that adjust itself automatically ?

Or i need to hook up separated individuals one's in pairs at the 4 locations with 8 lens instead of 4 ?

For software solutions i eyed the app named '' Haven: Keep Watch (BETA) '' by The Guardian Project : ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.havenapp.main&hl=en )
it turn old Androids phone's into security cams even advertised by Edward Snowden, but i am suspicious about its visual quality & reliability in the long run.

Is there an advantage or differences in records transmission methods in an PoE security IP cams with NVRs (Network Video Recorders)
Vs.
an DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) for cameras that are connected via a coax cable
Vs.
Wire-free security cameras that are powered by batteries (or with solar cells combo or psu) and transmit the data via WiFi ?
Vs.
All above options or more that are unknown to my knowledge ?

For wireless cameras is there any risk of being hacked, i guess they transmit the signal encrypted in AES 256 bits minimum ?

I want to hide my Central Surveillance Recording and DATA transmission Hub of hardware piece gears within the wall with a discrette hidden door acces. My profession is home improvement in renovation so if i can add more skills to offer to future clients it would be better for me & i love new challenges & to learn new stuffs!

Anyway if Linus can make an ABC video on this topic i would be very gratefull !

Thank you, will continue my researches and comparing costs plus advantages... peace :)

Amish water cooler.  A water chiller using a kerosene powered refrigerator, and a water pump powered by something like a foot pump.