What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

can you please review the dell latitude 3490 because my school is selling them. the configuration they have is a core i5 8th gen processor no sim slot and a windows hello camera.

https://www.dell.com/en-au/work/shop/business-laptops-ultrabooks-and-tablets/latitude-3490/spd/latitude-14-3490-laptop

On 1/31/2019 at 6:49 PM, Bert the Derp said:

Anything I've missed?

a high latency with all that wireless stuff..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

A review of The Seasonic Cable Management Bar by Luke or Anthony would be awesome

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Please please please please please review the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 Gaming PC (Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi & Win 10). I feel like this is a good budget pc for under $1,000 USD due to the parts inside, but there are not many great video reviews out there. I'm sure it's not just me that wants to see an $800 USD Gaming computer approved by Linus so us entry level gaming computer wannabes know what we are getting ourselves into.

link: 

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8060A5-i5-8400-GeForce/dp/B0757DVF4Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1542483511&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=cyberpowerpc&psc=1

P.S. There's is an amd version out there. Maybe a comparison is in order???

Asus Zenbook Pro 14 UX480FD, when and if it releases in Canada/US. You've already covered a related product but this specific model might be interesting to know about. Comes with a GTX 1050 Max-Q, which not very many people know exists, and an 8565U/8265U CPU. I got mine at a very good price (outside of Canada) but I have a feeling that if it's released into the western market, price might be a big turn-off for most people.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-14-UX480FD/

A lot of people, including myself have some real nice headphones that still require a headphone socket to plug in to, and phones mostly have moved on from this. There's a lot of USB C Adapters out there that let you charge your phone whilst plugging your headphones in, and as much as I like my Bose QC 35 II's, they don't quite match up to the sound of some of my other headphones and also even though the battery life is great, my memory isn't always so and due to this, I have dedicated a charging cable to hang where I usually rest them. I know of some people who forget to charge theirs and them dying during a phone call or video chat. 

I am curious if this is something that may be worth looking into for LTT and making a video out of or something along the lines, so we can pick a good product that has been tried and tested?

On 7/22/2014 at 6:00 AM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

Lenovo's Y27G 240Hz 1440p monitor at CES'19

How about a review/video about used laptops (especially 2012-2015 MacBook Pros, as more an more people are buying them because of the high prices and problems with the 2016-2018 models) 

Maybe a comparison between a couple of laptops from 2013-2015 era? (Possibly a price-to-performance comparison?)

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X / Noctua NH-D15 / Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 / 2x16GB XPG 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM / Radeon VII / 1TB Intel 660p SSD / Acer ED322Q / Acer ET322QU / Corsair Carbide 275R

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 7405 2-in-1: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U / 2x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 / 512GB NVM.e

Linus linux... As you guys are hiring, may be get into that too ?

On 7/22/2014 at 6:00 AM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

Ultimate gaming PC with zero compromises for twitch streamer. 

I think it would be epic to see a video of a head to head between HTC Vive & Oculus Rift, to determine the best VR hardware choice.

ProtonMail's encrypted email service, and Signal for encrypted messaging.

I'd actually LOVE to see a video or video-series on privacy-ifying one's life, from ditching facebook, getting away from google, to encrypting one's computers, using a VPN, and email services. There are privacy focused alternatives to popular services, and some of them are much better than others in terms of usefulness, usability, effectiveness, and pricing.

After watched the latest video about noise cancelling headphones, I thought: why none of the greatest tech YouTubers don't talk about one headphone: the fiil brand. I have a fiil diva (iicon) and love the noise cancelling, all the modes and etc. Still the layout controls are not great like my Plantronics backbeat pro, but the sound is amazing and I use it daily in the fablabs workshop that I work, better than the protection noise cancelling headbands! And I love the windy mode, works so well! I have it for almost 2 years, and I would love if someone spread the word about some great "affordable" active noise cancelling headphones.

Here's the page: https://fiil.com

The Helm Personal Email Server.

https://thehelm.com

home-product_blade-02.png.7e4becaf2f5271126417355520094eb7.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I’d like to see you review some of Synology’s products, like the flashstation (FS3017). And also QNAP’s offerings with HDMI etc.