What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

On 7/22/2014 at 6:00 AM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

Try reviewing the TVS GOLD keyboard its a cherry mx  blue keys under $30!!!! 

here is the link to buy.

https://www.amazon.in/TVS-GOLD-Bharat-wired-keyboard/dp/B00A17MNHU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1537065982&sr=1-1&keywords=tvs+gold

Step into the bluetooth audio realm....review this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0ZK-001F-001J9

And tell me how to fix the bluetooth so it does not Suck! multiple devices in same room using wifi traffic....messes with its weak bluetooth...devices have a hard time keeping a bluetooth connection to it...

Can the antenna be fixed for better Bluetooth? Its a great little device...with one weakness..

Oh...dont go walking around with your cellphone or ipad...starts losing bluetooth connection.

18 hours ago, Lwizzit said:

I’ve never seen this before. A stand-alone VRM board? What does one use this for?

It replaces your VRM (either on Motherboard or Gpu) letting you put in more voltages. It's intended for LN2 or sub zero cooling and OC

I really think you should review the Huawei Matebook X Pro laptop because of its portability, awesome specs and price.

@CPotter @LinusTech @Slick @GabenJr  @AlexTheGreatish @LMG Ivan @nicklmg @James

Specs (Top end model):

Screen size 13.9 in 3K LTPS touchscreen (3000 x 2000), 10-finger multi-touch support
Processor Intel Core i7-8550U 1.80 GHz up to 4.00 GHz
Memory 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz
Hard drive size 512GB PCIe SSD
Operating system Windows Home, 64-bit
PC type Laptop
Optical drive None
Media drive None
Audio Dolby Atmos Sound System
Video VR-ready NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2GB graphics memory, Intel UHD Graphics 620
Ports 2 USB Type-C • 1 USB 3.0 • 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
Battery Lithium-polymer 57.4WHr (up to 15 hours*)
Camera 1MP recessed camera
Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1
Dimensions 11.97 x 8.54 x 0.57 in (304.03 x 216.91 x 14.47 mm)
Weight 2.93 lbs (1.32 kg)
Color Space Gray
Other Model number: 53010CAJ • Active pen support • Fingerprint reader • Windows Hello • 60Hz refresh rate • 35ms response time • 1.2 mm keyboard travel

Thanks!

Nice! The i7 or i5 model though? The i7 model is far superior to the i5 one xD

Also when do you think the review will go live on YouTube?

1MP camera LOL

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

1 minute ago, CatTNT said:

1MP camera LOL

The positioning is the even bigger joke xd. Not gonna be good for any video calls thats for sure. Other than that its really good (I own one).

5 minutes ago, Aidan Dorfler said:

Nice! The i7 or i5 model though? The i7 model is far superior to the i5 one xD

I don't remember but there really isn't a huge difference between an i5-8250U and an i7-8550U, unless only the i7 model has the dGPU

3 minutes ago, Aidan Dorfler said:

Also when do you think the review will go live on YouTube?

Not a clue.

xD it has mx150 graphics only on the i7 version so thats what I got.

4 minutes ago, Aidan Dorfler said:

xD it has mx150 graphics only on the i7 version so thats what I got.

incorrect, there are some versions of the i5 that also have the mx150 (availability based on country)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3000x2000? so it's a 3:2 display?

perfect for all your...... 3:2 needs. Like vid.... um..... maybe classic.... wait...... or cinema.... nvm..

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

3000x2000? so it's a 3:2 display?

perfect for all your...... 3:2 needs. Like vid.... um..... maybe classic.... wait...... or cinema.... nvm..

lol its good for general things though and i prefer 3:2 displays tbh. Really works well when programming.

Can linus plz try out PCIe 32x slot and what cards it supports

So what about the price is so amazing? 1900 euros here in Finland. Doesn't really seem to be much different from others. Low power i7 and a seperate GPU, rest you can get in any laptop for ~600 euros.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Tech related and something you have never reviewed before?

Well, if you for sure want a lot of views, why not give Lovense a try?

:x

My Gaming PC: 27833

how about a tech quikie explaining the difference between  what a surge protector  is and does and a power stripp. also  this could lead into a review of say a "monster surge protector" with noise suppression. mine works well especially with my corsair cx750m power supply. i have no whining in my system from this power supply at all. i use a looped noise blocker on the power cord to the power supply as well. just a thought not sure if it has been done before.

I haven't seen a 2018 AIO comparison, and I haven't seen ANY involving measured flow rates with temps pre-post pump and pre-post radiator.  It would be pretty involved though.

Hello,

I found this video on facebook. The review  Luke did for the Anki Cozmo was very nice and entertaining.  Apparently there is a new robot called vector. 

Link: 

a coworker had an idea for seeing what would happen if you attempted to SLI two graphics cards, one in the vertical position (as has become popular these days) and with one in the classic condition.

The question being, would having the second card being on a PCIE extension have any negative impact on the performance of the system?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 9/18/2018 at 5:29 AM, Underi said:

So what about the price is so amazing? 1900 euros here in Finland. Doesn't really seem to be much different from others. Low power i7 and a seperate GPU, rest you can get in any laptop for ~600 euros.

The price in the us is great at only $1500 usd  compared to the dell xps 13 with the same specs but no dGPU that cost $2000 usd

2 minutes ago, darkcrusader77 said:

The price in the us is great at only $1500 usd  compared to the dell xps 13 with the same specs but no dGPU that cost $2000 usd

Made a profile just to reply to me? :D I'm honored.

True, I haven't compared much to other high-end laptops of other manufacturers and I overlooked one more feature that you can't find at 600€ pricepoint, which is touchscreen. I personally think that is an useful feature to have when you want to for example watch a movie at bed or show something to a friend without all the hassle with a touchpad.

Checked some other high-end laptops and apparently Asus Zenbook Pro and Dell XPS 15 have a full-fledged 1050ti instead of MX150 at similar price (Dell 1999€, Huawei 1899€ and Asus also 1899€) All of them also have 16GB of DDR4, a 512GB SSD and two of them have a touchscreen, the Asus and the Huawei. While Asus and Dell have only a FHD screen, the Huawei features a weird 3:2 aspect ratio, which I find rather disturbing.

After comparing these three laptops I'd probably buy the Huawei thanks to it's higher resolution and past experiences with Huawei's quality. My current Asus Zenbook was a little disappointing, just like their customer service.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz