ASUS MeMO Pad $149 7" Tablet

zephiK
Fremont, CA (January 13, 2013) - ASUS is excited to introduce the MeMO Pad™, a stylish and capable 7-inch Android tablet designed for mobile consumers looking for a high-quality yet remarkably affordable tablet. With a starting MSRP of $149 (US), the ASUS MeMO Pad™ features Android™ 4.1 and offers full support for Google Play so you can choose from over 750,000 apps and games, browse the world's largest eBookstore, search millions of songs, watch thousands of the latest and greatest movies and TV shows, and even flip through your favorite magazines*. Available in three colors – Sugar White, Titanium Gray and Cherry Pink — MeMO Pad™ sports an elegant, non-slip diamond-patterned finish in a thin and lightweight design.

Created for both work and play

ASUS MeMO Padâ„¢ runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1GHz VIA WM8950 CPU and a Mali-400 GPU for a smooth and fluid entertainment experience. It features a 10-point multi-touch LED-backlit display with 1024 x 600 resolution, 140-degree wide viewing angles, and its 350-nit brightness means images remain clear, even outdoors. MeMO Padâ„¢ also features ASUS SonicMaster audio and MaxxAudio for high-quality sound.

ASUS MeMO Padâ„¢ offers up to 16GB of internal storage, which can be supplemented by up to 32GB via the MicroSD card slot. A suite of ASUS applications are also pre-installed, including SuperNote Lite, BuddyBuzz, ASUS WebStorage with 5GB of online storage space, ASUS Studio and WebStorage Office for enhanced productivity.

AVAILABILITY & PRICING

ASUS MeMO Pad will be available starting this January in selected markets from authorized ASUS resellers. Please contact your local ASUS representative for more information. The ASUS MeMO Padâ„¢ is a tablet-only product and does not come with a dock like the award winning ASUS Transformer Padâ„¢ series.

SPECIFICATIONS*

CPU / GPU VIA WM8950 (1GHz) / Mali-400

Operating system Androidâ„¢ 4.1 Jelly Bean

Display 7-inch (1024 x 600, 170PPI) LED-backlit

10-point multi-touch

140-degree wide viewing angle

350-nits brightness

Front Camera 1MP back-illuminated sensorf/2.0, with 720p HD video capture at 30fps

Storage 1GB RAM

8GB or 16GB storage with microSD card slot (up to 32GB)

5GB free ASUS WebStorage

Wireless 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi

Connectivity 3.5mm headphone/mic

Microphone

Micro-USB port

Sensors G-Sensor

Pre-installed ASUS applications SuperNote Lite

ASUS WebStorage

ASUS WebStorage Online Office

ASUS Studio

BuddyBuzz

MyPainter

MyBitCast

Battery 7 hours (16Wh Li-polymer, 4270mAh)*

Available colors Sugar White/Titanium Gray/Cherry Pink

Size 196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2 mm - 7.72 x 4.69 x 0.44â€

Weight 370g - 13.1oz

Source: http://usa.asus.com/News/UFWWXm1m6c4vQf9a/

What you guys think? Pretty good low-end entry tablet for $149 compared to the Android tablets that are usually at this price range by unknown companies (or comes without Google Play Store).

I will not be able to give my opinion about it until I see some sort of review. But from the specs, compared to a mid-range android phone, it looks pretty good. I would buy it a couple of months after launch though, so that people can develop custom roms which will hopefully improve smoothness of the device.

Considering the price, it is definitely very nice. Compared to a cheap tablet made in China with similar specs, it would most likely outdo it in battery life and performance. I am anxious for its release.