Linus called adblock users scummy

jhen

I personally find it really annoying that you can't make personal backups of DVDs because of pirates.

All you need to copy the movie is a capture card. Any Nvidia GPU these days will do it fine. You probably would want to have a separate audio recording software because the sound comes out weird from shadowplay.

Thanks for the info,

Also, pardon the redundancy, just so I know you got it. I misread your response, read like a statement not a question. :P We're cool. (If your still mad at me, while disappointing, that's fine. Just so I can sleep at night... OCD...)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Software Developer, Guitarist, Aspiring Politican-

I disabled AdBlock for YouTube, but every other site is blocked. 

Thanks for the info,

Also, pardon the redundancy, just so I know you got it. I misread your response, read like a statement not a question. :P We're cool. (If your still mad at me, while disappointing, that's fine. Just so I can sleep at night... OCD...)

I thought I phrased it badly... I have a lot on my mind since I'm supposed to be studying...

Malcontent,

Would you care to expound on how my logic is flawed?

I made three statements.

1. Making youtube the foundation of your company is utterly foolish. -- Please explain to me how it is not. It is as unstable and changes with as much as uncertainty as the wind.

2. I am not obligated to watch his advertising. -- Please explain to me how I am.

3. Linus is being a hypocrit. He is doing what he accused us of doing. -- Please explain to me how he is not.

3. Continued -- He claimed we were being self entitled. He is calling HIS FANS scummy for not watching his ads. As if point number 2 is somehow not valid.

Which, I think at the root of this ELEVATED ARGUMENT, you disagree with point 2. And because point 3 is based off of point 2, you can understand why we are so diametrically opposed.

You are just throwing insults around, sir.

When all logic fails, damage control. Start hurling insults. Degrade, deprecate, you cannot win with logic therefore use angry pathos.

Consider yourself blocked.

[Edit] I am saddened for you that I had to break this down into sections for you to get it.

It speaks volumes to your intelligence. (Or apparent lack thereof.)

Lastly, claiming one's input is flawed and not backing it up does not constitute a valid retort. Anyone can say someone is wrong, even if all of the world disagrees. You must provide evidence as to why the individual is wrong.

(You don't have to, but it makes you look arrogant, impotent, and incompetent...) 

You are the one throwing around the ad hom, not me. I just think your logic is flawed. I did not call you unintelligent, use "angry pathos", or ask you to break anything down for me. I fully well understand your argument. But I guess I will entertain your argument, because I am fairly bored. Also, the point in me saying your logic was flawed was not to be a proper retort, it was just a statement. It was never supposed to be part of a valid argument, but a way out of one, and I did that because I saw no point in fighting it, but like I said, I'm bored so why not entertain myself with this back and forth we have going. And because you were so kind to make it simple to me, I will make it simple to  you as well. 

1. Its a new industry, and in order for the industry to grow people need to take risk and try to develop it, which takes cash flow to do so. Back when the TV first came about, some people thought it was stupid and that it would be gone by the years end, that there was no place for it. But people still made content and tried to make it a valid platform, something to replace the current standard, the radio. Now I am sure people were saying what you are back then; "Why bother, its as "uncertain as the wind", we don't even know if it will be around, so why bother." But look at it now, because people made content for it, it caught on and now it is a common commodity. So you saying "Well you chose a shitty platform because it might fail, so I won't support it" are ultimately the ones who make it fail. You are part of the problem.

2. You are right, you are not obligated to watch his advertising, nothing says you are. But, if you are consuming someone elses content (especially someone (or group) that much as much time into each video as LTT does, where he has to run a whole team) it is proper to support them. They can't do this for free, not even close. And if the only thing that you have to do is watch an ad for 5-15 seconds and then maybe have one built into the video (at the end, so its very easy to skip and not even pay attention to by the way), then thats really the least you can do to support his business. Honestly, he really isn't asking for much on our part to be able to consume his quality content, so its the least we can do. So, while there is no "obligation" to, it is the least we can do help someone who helps so many others. Also, you said in another post that there is nothing morally wrong consuming the in a way that purposely avoids create revenue of the creator, and I think that fits under here with the points I made earlier. 

3. As far as linus being a hypocrite, I assume you are referencing the one time he had ad block on his computer during the stream? If you noticed, he was pretty pissed about he, he wasn't the one that put it on there, he later talked to the employee that did that, and has not done it since (or before) then. So that not really valid. He pays for everything he consumes because that is the he expects other to act towards him, which is understandable. Unless there is some other way that he is being hypocritical that I am unaware of, then I don't see your point here. 

I also want to clear up and correct a couple of other things. I also use adblock. I don't use it on channels/sites/whatever that I like to support (LTT and Tek Syndicate are good examples of channels and websites I don't block, because they deserve my money, not all channels are like that). I am not against adblock, and I do hate pre-roll video ads, but they each have their place and purpose. So we aren't on completely opposite sides of the camp here, you just seem to be at a much more extreme end than I. 

Second, I can sympathies with the frustration Linus is feeling. People using adblock are literally taking money out of his pocket (when all we had to do was sit there). I would be pretty pissed off if someone did that to me, wouldn't you be? It seems pretty shitty get paid less when its so simple to avoid the situation. I have a hard time believe you can't sympathies with him at least a little on that. 

Lastly, if you do respond, you can quit the extra bullshit rhetoric and flowery prose. Honestly, its a bit dramatic. I study communication (with a lot of rhetoric) and English, you speaking the way you do does intemidate me or make your argument any more valid, you are just trying to hid behind words (if you don't understand what I am saying, don't banter me about it. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am just saying I am not here to debate rhetoric, I am just trying to get you to cut it out, even if you an Aspiring Politician). Hopefully we don't get stuck on this point, I am just trying to give some helpful advice about a very weak and see-through tactic you are using. 

Anyways, like I said, I know this won't change your mind, I am just entertained to see how you will respond. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

You are the one throwing around the ad hom, not me. I just think your logic is flawed. I did not call you unintelligent, use "angry pathos", or ask you to break anything down for me. I fully well understand your

argument. But I guess I will entertain your argument, because I am fairly bored. Also, the point in me saying your logic was flawed was not to be a proper retort, it was just a statement. It was never supposed to be part of a valid argument, but a way out of one, and I did that because I saw no point in fighting it, but like I said, I'm bored so why not entertain myself with this back and forth we have going. And because you were so kind to make it simple to me, I will make it simple to you as well.

1. Its a new industry, and in order for the industry to grow people need to take risk and try to develop it, which takes cash flow to do so. Back when the TV first came about, some people thought it was stupid and that it would be gone by the years end, that there was no place for it. But people still made content and tried to make it a valid platform, something to replace the current standard, the radio. Now I am sure people were saying what you are back then; "Why bother, its as "uncertain as the wind", we don't even know if it will be around, so why bother." But look at it now, because people made content for it, it caught on and now it is a common commodity. So you saying "Well you chose a shitty platform because it might fail, so I won't support it" are ultimately the ones who make it fail. You are part of the problem.

2. You are right, you are not obligated to watch his advertising, nothing says you are. But, if you are consuming someone elses content (especially someone (or group) that much as much time into each video as LTT does, where he has to run a whole team) it is proper to support them. They can't do this for free, not even close. And if the only thing that you have to do is watch an ad for 5-15 seconds and then maybe have one built into the video (at the end, so its very easy to skip and not even pay attention to by the way), then thats really the least you can do to support his business. Honestly, he really isn't asking for much on our part to be able to consume his quality content, so its the least we can do. So, while there is no "obligation" to, it is the least we can do help someone who helps so many others. Also, you said in another post that there is nothing morally wrong consuming the in a way that purposely avoids create revenue of the creator, and I think that fits under here with the points I made earlier.

3. As far as linus being a hypocrite, I assume you are referencing the one time he had ad block on his computer during the stream? If you noticed, he was pretty pissed about he, he wasn't the one that put it on there, he later talked to the employee that did that, and has not done it since (or before) then. So that not really valid. He pays for everything he consumes because that is the he expects other to act towards him, which is understandable. Unless there is some other way that he is being hypocritical that I am unaware of, then I don't see your point here.

I also want to clear up and correct a couple of other things. I also use adblock. I don't use it on channels/sites/whatever that I like to support (LTT and Tek Syndicate are good examples of channels and websites I don't block, because they deserve my money, not all channels are like that). I am not against adblock, and I do hate pre-roll video ads, but they each have their place and purpose. So we aren't on completely opposite sides of the camp here, you just seem to be at a much more extreme end than I.

Second, I can sympathies with the frustration Linus is feeling. People using adblock are literally taking money out of his pocket (when all we had to do was sit there). I would be pretty pissed off if someone did that to me, wouldn't you be? It seems pretty shitty get paid less when its so simple to avoid the situation. I have a hard time believe you can't sympathies with him at least a little on that.

Lastly, if you do respond, you can quit the extra bullshit rhetoric and flowery prose. Honestly, its a bit dramatic. I study communication (with a lot of rhetoric) and English, you speaking the way you do does intemidate me or make your argument any more valid, you are just trying to hid behind words (if you don't understand what I am saying, don't banter me about it. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am just saying I am not here to debate rhetoric, I am just trying to get you to cut it out, even if you an Aspiring Politician). Hopefully we don't get stuck on this point, I am just trying to give some helpful advice about a very weak and see-through tactic you are using.

Anyways, like I said, I know this won't change your mind, I am just entertained to see how you will respond.

Just an FYI. I am sixteen years old, and i love debating. Adrenaline rush.

A lot of respect for you for tgat post. I retract all emotionally charged insults i thre your way.

I appreciate any and all criticism with respect to rhetoric.

I understood all of what you saod, but not deeply. I will do some research. Iron sharpens iron.

Gosbless dude. I respectfully dosagree, but anyonr who is willing to fully and pragmatically express their views is awesome in my books. (Not that they are important lr anything)

Plus you gave me constructive criticism. Thakks for the time of day dude.

Anyways im done with the thread, i expressed my view.

Excuse spelling erorrs, typing from android.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

You are the one throwing around the ad hom, not me. I just think your logic is flawed. I did not call you unintelligent, use "angry pathos", or ask you to break anything down for me. I fully well understand your

argument. But I guess I will entertain your argument, because I am fairly bored. Also, the point in me saying your logic was flawed was not to be a proper retort, it was just a statement. It was never supposed to be part of a valid argument, but a way out of one, and I did that because I saw no point in fighting it, but like I said, I'm bored so why not entertain myself with this back and forth we have going. And because you were so kind to make it simple to me, I will make it simple to you as well.

A lot of respect for you for tgat post. I retract all emotionally charged insults i thre your way.

I understood all of what you saod, but not deeply. I will do some research. Iron sharpens iron.

Gosbless dude. I respectfully dosagree, but anyonr who is willing to fully and pragmatically express their views is awesome in my books. (Not that they are important lr anything)

Edit: just so we are clear. The bit about bring a hypocrite. Nothing to do with Linus' use of ad block. More to do with the notion that he (potentially) believes we as fans are obligated to contribute via watching his ads.

Also, I am not anti new frontiers in the internet world. My stability point was on response to clammerings about him being dependent on ad revenue from YouTube... I still think that's foolish. Have another primary income stream.

Those were clarifications. No new jnfo was added.

Gkdbless again. :bounce:

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Congrats. I don't even know what to say, which is what you were going for I guess. You win. (Now don't you feel better?) 

Edit: Formatting got messed up because I tried to post a reaction gif, but I don't really care enough to fix it. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Check my edit too.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Debating is an adrenaline rush? It rates pretty close to programming on the excitement level, for me

I thought he put it there intentionally because you violate some adsense policy if you watch ads on your own video or something.

Debating is an adrenaline rush? It rates pretty close to programming on the excitement level, for me

I thought he put it there intentionally because you violate some adsense policy if you watch ads on your own video or something.

I am an odd ball. I have a passion for politics lol.

Also @ rhetoric guy. I wasn't intentionally hiding in words. That's how I talk. I have no formal education in that area. (Truth be told o have zero formal education... >…<)

I will work on it. I wasn't aware of the problem.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

1Mb/s isn't fast enough to load most video ads so adblock reduces my load times and bandwidth usage. It costs some users more to view the ads than it does for advertisers to display them.

1Mb/s isn't fast enough to most video ads so adblock reduces my load times and bandwidth usage. It costs some users more to view the ads than it does for advertisers to display them.

this is pretty much the only legit reason I've heard for adblock

Epic rap battles of history! Linus! Vs... ADBLOCK USERS! begin!

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Last post for the night and likely the thread

Linus, if not already abundantly clear. I can't stay mad at you, your videos are too awesome. Love you man.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I feel sorry for using Adblocks, but I remove it sometimes when I think my speeds are boosted. You see, living in PH is one hell of a turd, we even got the slowest internet around SEA Countries, so to watch your shows properly (especially the long ones like WAN Show), I need to block it(sometimes). But dont fret, I've spread your channel to other friends to watch your shows (and they don't even know about adblock). Shhh.

It really is subverting the free content model, though. If you prevent ads entirely, then people can no longer do this for a living. 

You don't have to feel bad, but you should realize that if this becomes widespread enough, you will see a decrease in high quality content.

But should people be making a living off of this ("this" being ads)? I think not.

My point (as seen a few pages back) is that YouTube should be seen as a hobby, not a business.

Simply because it's inherently free. You don't pay to watch videos nor to upload them. Google just decided to share some of its earnings with Youtubers to keep the platform growing and attract even more interest from companies that want to advertise.

If your business/main product is content creation/videos (I am looking at you Linus!) I would expect you to actually sell them and not to just rely on ad revenue.

If your business is retail and you use YouTube as a way to make your store and its products known, you don't have a problem in the first place.

In conclusion: prevent ads => no revenue => paid content. Which I think is a better option.

Ads are, in my opinion, one of the worst things that happened to the world anyway.

Companies waste all their money in (sometimes excruciatingly bad) ads instead of focusing on the product and content creators, whose work is sometimes completely pointless, benefit from this because people without adblock consume their content as entertainment because it's freely available.

And then we end up with surgeons making 300,000$ and let's players making 4M$.

On the other hand, without ads, one could (maybe) theorize that surgeons would continue making 300,000$, LMG would still have paying subscribers that value his work and want to stay informed about the latest tech news and let's players would have an actual job because ain't nobody got money to pay to watch someone playing games and scream at the screen (they would much rather pay to play the actual game, perhaps, or maybe they see value in that and will also subscribe, which is fine). And companies would be "stuck" with using that money to reinvest on their products (oh noes!) or give to charity.

I know that it is not black and white like I made it sound. The ad industry is so pervasive that it would have many implications that I am not contemplating. At this point it feels more like an utopia.

And ads or no ads, there would still be a lot of disparity in income levels between essential and not-so-essential jobs.

Essentially, like Professor Farnsworth once said (and the reason for my avatar): "I don't want to live on this planet anymore".

Amazed to see this still going.

Apparently this is a hotter topic than I anticipated.

Either way I'm really proud of the community for not letting this turn into an all-out hate-fest both ways. Lots of rational arguments for both sides being made here, and this kind of feedback is very helpful for me, and hopefully all of you :)

After reading all the posts and taking a while to think about the state of the internet and the world (see above!) I could say I am faced with what some would call an "ethical pickle"!

Like I said, I have been an AdBlock user for quite a while under the pretense that if content is free (as in I don't have to pay for it) I can consume it without ads and that ads are inherently bad.

But then I have Google everything: mail, calendar, contacts, android, ... And Google's main source of income is... you know it: ads.

Does that mean I must stop using everything Google related? What about Android, can I still use it because it's open source (and I already paid for the hardware)?

Perhaps it's the same situation than LMG: if they want the consumer to pay for the content with no ads I would be happy to consider the situation, until then I will just use it with AdBlock.

Or maybe I'll just give up on my "no ads ideal" and stop using AdBlock, effectively becoming a part of the capitalist world and embrace the ads and companies that pay for the services I use even though I never pay attention to them anyway! I'd really rather not give up on my ideals, but if the alternative is being a hypocrite because everything I do on the internet is funded by ads, I don't really have much of a choice, do I?

So, in essence, yes, this thread was helpful, at least for me (and I hope for everyone as well). It got me thinking about a lot of things and, right now, I am strongly considering migrating away from Google and finding other services or making my own replacements (witch would have the added benefit of no "spying" by third-parties!).

Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing everything due to being late at night (more like early in the morning). And I have other stuff to worry about right now like my thesis and job interviews!

One last note: this is why I like discussions and don't understand people who say "we all have our opinions, they're not going to change, no point in arguing or debating let's just shut up". If you have an open mind, anything is possible (or something like that...). I, for one, am open to any criticism for what I've said. And I'm not sorry for how long this post is!

I see this thread is still going. Read the first few pages.

The word scummy was ill-chosen.

But the simple fact ramains that if everyone blocked the ads in my content Linus Tech Tips wouldn't exist. Period.

Those suggesting that I complain to Google... Do you think I can just call up Eric Schmidt and let him know I don't like the way they implement ads on YouTube? I laughed out loud.

YouTube isn't perfect but it's my best shot at running a viable business here so I can pay my employees and feed my family, so that's what I use. Those of you who opt to consume the content without supporting it, fine you're not "scummy". Come up with your own word for it ;)

It's not often I take offense at something, especially to anything online. The problem is I did take offense as would have many others. I personally like you and what you do, but as a person you are in not better then anyone else. You should appreciate that offending your viewers isn't a good business move either.

Yes I use Adblock and I'll continue to use it and I'm not white listing YouTube or any other page. I wanna know does the fact I use Adblock degrade your view on me? Cause you have no idea who I am and what sort of person I am, I donate hundreds of dollars every year to charities, I often volunteer at non profit organizations and have for the last decade when ever I have the spare time, I've just moved back in with my parents as my dad has sick and can no longer work and I work my heart out at my job and then come home and help around the house and with their bills, in my spare time I hang out with my friends and help them when they need help whether it's building their computers, working on cars or if they need money. I know I'm never gonna be rich or successful but this is my life and frankly I wouldn't change a thing cause this is what makes me happy. I'm not one to gloat and I normally never tell anyone the things I do for others and I don't see myself as better then anyone else, cause everyone has their own story and their own reasons for everything they have done and why they are themselves. No one deserves to be called "scummy" especially over  if there an Adblock user.

I in no way mind watching the ads that are featured in your videos but I'm not going to if I don't have to sit through what can sometimes be 3 ads including the one before the actual video in a video that isn't very long. I'm willing to give donations to YouTubers I enjoy yourself included when the new donation function comes in.

I'm never going to remove Adblock. The fact that Google owns YouTube and Chrome, whilst allowing Adblock to still work tells me they don't care whether we watch the ads or not.

He makes money off of ads. People are putting content out for you. All they ask in return is for you to watch a 5 second ad. When you use adblock he no one makes money. You're basically stealing content. 

The content is posted on a Free website..........so no, it is not stealing. Not all content on Youtube has ads, so those people do not make money off their videos.

My Giant Mega rant, please don't open it if you Feel like you deserve special treatment

Okay so I see some very common arguments against adblock

1- I unblock "___" because I wan't to support them

2- I feel molested by having to watch Youtube ads

3- Its their fault for not forcing me, youtube hasn't fixed this loophole!

4- Its not a valid buisness stratagy and I don't want to support it!

5- I don't think that ads should come through and waste my bandwidth!

6- Ads are dumb and they are annyoing

7- I never even click the ads! Its makes no sense

8- Ads are so annyoing , they stop me!

9- Ads waste "some arbitrary seconds" of my life!

10- Its not illegal

11- Its not like piracy!

12- I get viruses all the time from stupid DOWNLOAD NOW ads.

If I missed some reason you think adblock is Valid please PM me!

1- Okay so you unblocked some random website you visit? Okay so The other websites Don't deserve money and should just go away?

2- Then would you rather everything be behind a paywall , I'm sure that that would be way more annoying.

3-Sometimes case #2 is with this one, again , if they forced you or paywalled it , you would feel annoyed.

4- How is it not a valid business stratagy??! Its 2014 and the supported by ads business model is more popular than ever! by that logic Google isn't a valid business!

5- Do you think web-servers think that they should provide their bandwidth to someone who clearly isn't supporting them?

6- So You would again rather everything be behind a paywall?

7- Not all ads are about clicks , ads actually are supposed to make you more familiar with a product so you choose it over some other product. If someone saw and ad for some soap and ran out of his own , when he goes to a mall he will usually favor the soap bar from the company he heard of as opposed to some random one , they have done studies on this.

8- Okay so the ads in front of youtube videos may stop you and present you with a product , but they almost never last more than a minute of unskippable content and they don't start every time you begin a new video.

9- Pffft , Its not like you would have changed the world in those X number of seconds.

10- Not right now , but it might become later in the future. Currently its almost impossible to enforce.

11- Its very similar to piracy ,

>Both are not victim-less

>Both can cause Content creators to lose money

12- Reputable sites do not have those, if they do then this is the one case in which you are allowed to adblock

And LETS NOT FORGET!

WE ARE ALL UNITED SINCE-

EVERYONE HATES SURVEYS & PAYWALLS!

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

No, because you are scum for using adblock. You're taking money out of his pocket because you want to block ads. 

No people who use adblock arent taking money out of his pocket. That is the same argument that big companies use for piracy. The money never went to him, therefor the person using adblock is not "Taking money from him" he never had the money. Don't use stupid arguments that don't make any cents(haha get the pun).

No people who use adblock arent taking money out of his pocket. That is the same argument that big companies use for piracy. The money never went to him, therefor the person using adblock is not "Taking money from him" he never had the money. Don't use stupid arguments that don't make any cents(haha get the pun).

Hmm its not the same as piracy

You could argue that a pirate that stole a movie, was never going to pay for that movie....

Youtube doesnt work that way, you are not "stealing" the difference is, you are actively choosing not to support. Adverts make content creators money, if you dont have adverts, you are not allowing the content creators to make money, whether you intended to pay or not is irrelevant as the content is inherently free

You can not really bundle "stealing a movie you never intended to pay for" to "watching free content  online" ... very different arguments

EDIT: just to give me own view, I have never used, and do not intend to use adblock

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I use adblock on just about everything, besides LTT and some other sites. The reason why so many people use adblock is because ads are just generally horrible. If companies made ads that were interesting, funny or relevant then I would be happy to see them. If I don't use adblock on websites like YouTube because I find myself being forced to watch 30 second ads about aged care, which I have no interest in what so ever. Maybe If ads were about stuff I was interested in then I would be happy to watch them.

Ads are annoying. Even on tv when they come on i'll switch channels or go and do something else for a few minutes. Why would i want to watch an advert for a product or service i don't care about?

The term "content creator" is also stupid. The way LMG makes videos is what I would consider content creators, but people who play video games are not. Talking over a game (unless they made the game) is hardly being a content creator.

I am an ABP user whitelisting some sites that is not intrusive.

The bad thing about Ad Block Plus is that it may lead to fully pay-per-view internet.

What I would want is interactive DB of sites which are reported as having intrusive advertising. If a site is reported as intrusive then visiting it for first time would show some kind of warning that ads are blocked. If the site is not in DB similar message could be shown to report it as safe or intrusive. Maybe even some sort of "certification" so site owners themselves can apply for it.

Off topic rant:

Opera Developer 24.0... you disappoint me gain, CMD-Shift-Left activates tab on the left... how I am supposed to select text. Oh mine, same for CMD-Alt-Left/Right

adds are fine but when something comes on the youtube like dating sites, hot chat type of things i feel to use adblock because i can bear them but not my younger sister and my mother who use this pc and sometimes a new window pops up showing a ill dressed lady asking for chat that made me put adblock because one day my mother was searching for a recipie on google that happened