Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novistion

Router/Network Access Help

No mobile device, or someone else's? 192.168.1.7 is a private IP address on your local network, has to be there somewhere. If all else fails you can just reset the router with the switch on the back, however, this means you'll have to completely reconfigure it.

Posted · Original PosterOP

When I try to connect to my router, It says " 192.168.1.7 is managing this device" when I go to that, oh hey, nothing there, can someone help? Router is a Netgear N300 (WNR3500v2)

Ran by coffee

Default IP of that router should be 192.168.1.1. Try typing that into your web browser.

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

Default IP of that router should be 192.168.1.1. Try typing that into your web browser.

Thats what I type and that is what comes up.

Ran by coffee

When I try to connect to my router, It says " 192.168.1.7 is managing this device" when I go to that, oh hey, nothing there, can someone help? Router is a Netgear N300 (WNR3500v2)

Most commonly this means your router only allows one IP to be accessing it directly for administration at a time. Aka, whatever has IP 192.168.1.7 logged into the router, but never logged out. You need to find the device with that IP, and sign it out of the router.

Project Chromatic, aka: Iris the dekstop
[ Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D SE | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v 1809 | CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K (OC to 5.1GHz all core, at 1.42V, AVX -2 [I know, not that great]) cooled by a Corsair H115i Platinum | Mobo: Asus Prime Z390-A | GPU: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL (+240 Mhz core, +1000MHz mem) | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @2666 | Storage: 

480GB Corsair MP510 boot, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Steam drive | Displays: Left: Acer 222HQL (22", basic 1080p60 for Discord and such), Middle: Dell S2716DG (primary, 1440p144 G-Sync), Right: Dell U2518D (1440p60, HDR for movies, and content, and the Switch via HDMI) all on a StarTech.com ARMBARTRIO2 triple monitor stand ]

Other Tech:

[ Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8, 64GB Black | Wearables: Samsung Galaxy Watch | Consoles: Destiny Special Edition PS4, Nintendo Switch with the better battery, and dark grey joy cons ]

▌Use the quote button, or @username to reply to people ▐  Make sure to follow your TShoot topics to see replies   Mark solved TShoot topics as such!▐

Most commonly this means your router only allows one IP to be accessing it directly for administration at a time. Aka, whatever has IP 192.168.1.7 logged into the router, but never logged out. You need to find the device with that IP, and sign it out of the router.

I have checked my only two computers and none of them are logged on to them

Ran by coffee

Posted · Best Answer

No mobile device, or someone else's? 192.168.1.7 is a private IP address on your local network, has to be there somewhere. If all else fails you can just reset the router with the switch on the back, however, this means you'll have to completely reconfigure it.

Project Chromatic, aka: Iris the dekstop
[ Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D SE | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v 1809 | CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K (OC to 5.1GHz all core, at 1.42V, AVX -2 [I know, not that great]) cooled by a Corsair H115i Platinum | Mobo: Asus Prime Z390-A | GPU: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL (+240 Mhz core, +1000MHz mem) | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @2666 | Storage: 

480GB Corsair MP510 boot, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Steam drive | Displays: Left: Acer 222HQL (22", basic 1080p60 for Discord and such), Middle: Dell S2716DG (primary, 1440p144 G-Sync), Right: Dell U2518D (1440p60, HDR for movies, and content, and the Switch via HDMI) all on a StarTech.com ARMBARTRIO2 triple monitor stand ]

Other Tech:

[ Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8, 64GB Black | Wearables: Samsung Galaxy Watch | Consoles: Destiny Special Edition PS4, Nintendo Switch with the better battery, and dark grey joy cons ]

▌Use the quote button, or @username to reply to people ▐  Make sure to follow your TShoot topics to see replies   Mark solved TShoot topics as such!▐

I reset it, thanks everyone for your help

Ran by coffee