Motherboard to go with a 3770K

Hey Guys,

I'm finally upgrading my Q6600 (@ 3.6GHz) which has served me well but the I'm starting to feel the bottleneck of it around many areas of my PC.

I'm buying a 3770K, mostly so I can start streaming my gameplay, which is why I am buying it over the 3570k.

I need to buy a motherboard for around $160 USD (£100). I never usually care about motherboards, as they are basically just there to provide buses for everything to connect to each other, but with an upgrade that is going to cost me a total of around £450 ($720), I'm starting to doubt myself :P, which is why I am asking you guys for advice :D

So, is there a motherboard in the $160 price range that particularly stands out from the rest?

Thanks in advance

-Peter

If you can go to £150 i'd go with an msi z77 mpower, otherwise try asrock z77 extreme 4. Plus my z77 mpower came with a racecar.

Asus p8z77-v lk is also a good choice for a motherboard

doesn't really stand out its more like a budget mb

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I agree with mgsstar the Asus P8Z77-V LK is a good bang for the buck board, I did find another board on for cheap that isn't bad at all. It is the MSI Z77A-G41

Link

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=74287&...r&promoid=1201

Do you plan on any crossfire or sli ? because for a board that supports it can be found cheap or for a better build board as always price will go up.

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If you care about your color scheme and dont want to spend much, you should get the ASRock 990fx Extreme4. It's pretty good for overclocking and I haven't had any problems with it.

The Gigabyte Boards are doing really well, the UD3H (which should be in that price range) is one of the best boards for Stability and OC'ng, and the D3H is just like it just minues a few things like a debug Led and the 2Oz of copper in the PCB.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt