whats the AMD equivalent of Intel core i5/i7

Just wanted to know what the AMD equivalent of an Intel core i5/i7

currently I'm using a AMD A-10 6800k APU

and wanted to know what kind of upgrade I can get

Depends if you're comparing single core performance or multi core performance.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

TBA

my body is ready for your hate

On a serious note? The FX 8350 is the CPU that AMD have to offer against current i5/i7 chips, and depending on the task at hand that can be a very cost effective choice, especially if you take the 8320.

You will however require an AM3+ compatible motherboard in order to use one.

Well you have a FM2 CPU with probably a FM2 motherboard. You actually don't have much of an option other than to upgrade both the motherboard and CPU.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

FX-8000 and 9000 series 

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

the AMD FX-8000 series but they're not nearly as good

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Fx8350 is almost as good as i5-4690k. In some cases fx8350 wins but mostly i5 wins.

Amd's attempt to be close to i7 is fx9000 series of cpus but they are not worth the price....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

8320 for all intensive purposes there's nothing better on the AMD team. Coming from an actual user. Vs an i5 it's Neck and Neck exchanging blows on Multi Core applications pulling ahead slightly, Single core just just don't. Price Wise however it's a winner and overall I'd side AMD. Vs an i7 It'll lose but it'll still be respectable, and price wise unless you absolutely need an i7 it's a great choice.

APU wise A10-7850k  assuming no graphics card in gaming benchmarks will crush Intels just because it's got a strong iGPU that eats lighting and craps thunder in comparison to Intel "iris pro hd" graphics to the point where it's not funny, Intel iGpus bottleneck there CPUS in all reality, AMD's apus are matches made in heaven between CPU+iGpus.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

APU wise A10-7850k  assuming no graphics card in gaming benchmarks will crush Intels just because it's got a strong iGPU that eats lighting and craps thunder in comparison to Intel "iris pro hd" graphics to the point where it's not funny, Intel iGpus bottleneck there CPUS in all reality, AMD's apus are matches made in heaven between CPU+iGpus.

Don't be so sure. iris pro are much more powerful than HD4600

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2364337

http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-apu-a10-7850k-intel-i5-4570r-iris-pro-graphics-showdown/

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Aren't the iris pro almost equal to the 7850k in non-mantle games?

Aren't the iris pro almost equal to the 7850k in non-mantle games?

Argue with the words of Linus and remember that's over the last 2 generations of AMD vs Current Intel and it's still a wiping the floor xD and @SpyRosL the HD 4600 is much much weaker than a Kaveri APU aswell so it doesn't say much... (yet another linus reference) "It's much more powerful than something much weaker than both" essentially if you add in the HD 4600  Iris pro would get second place compared to the APU... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Iris Pro looks good on paper and in benchmarks

but in actual games

the A10-7850k and A10-6800K still beats the Intel HD4600 and HD5200 and even the Iris Pro

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

-lawd linus-

Argue with the words of Linus and remember that's over the last 2 generations of AMD vs Current Intel and it's still a wiping the floor xD and @SpyRosL the HD 4600 is much much weaker than a Kaveri APU aswell so it doesn't say much... (yet another linus reference) "It's much more powerful than something much weaker than both" essentially if you add in the HD 4600  Iris pro would get second place compared to the APU... 

I never said anything about those things. I agree with you.

I just corrected the ''iris pro crap is so much weaker that the 7850k''

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Iris pro isn't HD 4600.

Iris pro is twice (twice as many cores) a big as HD4600, therefore you would expect a higher FPS with iris pro.

There aren't actually that many articles taking the iris pro against kaveri.

But I have heard lots (heard, I cannot validate) people saying the iris pro should be good at competing with the kaveri processor in games.

Iris pro isn't HD 4600.

Iris pro is twice (twice as many cores) a big as HD4600, therefore you would expect a higher FPS with iris pro.

But I have heard lots (heard, I cannot validate) people saying the iris pro should be good at competing with the kaveri processor in games.

Iris pro is called Intel Iris Pro Graphics P6300

well it still depend on the games

there have been benchmarks figures for the Iris Pro using Firestrike and Unigine and it look decent

but in actual games like Bioshock, it can barely render 25 fps and anything less than 24 fps is unplayable

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

there have been benchmarks figures for the Iris Pro using Firestrike and Unigine and it look decent

but in actual games like Bioshock, it can barely render 25 fps and anything less than 24 fps is unplayable

Isn't Iris Pro HD5200? Or Haswell GT3e.

What? It is called Iris Pro 5200 or haswell GT3e (Intels have the weirded naming scheme for their IGPs).

Iris pro 5200 is 40 EUs with a frequency at 1300MHz, where Haswell HD graphics 4600 (HD 4600) is 20 EUs with a frequency on 1350MHz.

Iris pro graphics P6300 is for broadwell, you gotta wait.

You are mistaking the iris pro 5200 with haswell HD 4600.

55281.png

Isn't Iris Pro HD5200? Or Haswell GT3e.

I'm not sure either getting confused by Intel naming scheme

What? It is called Iris Pro 5200 or haswell GT3e (Intels have the weirded naming scheme for their IGPs).

Iris pro 5200 is 40 EUs with a frequency at 1300MHz, where Haswell HD graphics 4600 (HD 4600) is 20 EUs with a frequency on 1350MHz.

Iris pro graphics P6300 is for broadwell, you gotta wait.

You are mistaking the iris pro 5200 with haswell HD 4600.

55281.png

well if you noticed the Iris Pro is only available for the laptops and NUC

if the Iris Pro are said to be that good 

why do gamers stick to a discrete GPUs?

I'm not sure either getting confused by Intel naming scheme

if the Iris Pro are said to be that good 

I know, what it the point with it? That kaveri biggest competition is a laptop IGP? So we should instead consider it against the new FX APU (cannot remember what is is called FX 7600P or something like that)?

Do I really need to answer your two last sentences? Do I?

You said it yourself I guess ;)

But in all seriousness integrated graphics doesn't quite deliver the price/performance of a CPU+Dedicated GPU quite yet and most budget minded people are picking up last gen or value cards + cheap CPUs.

I never said anything about those things. I agree with you.

I just corrected the ''iris pro crap is so much weaker that the 7850k''

So you lie to correct something that is true to begin with. xD 

Iris pro isn't HD 4600.

The comment was meant to have a comma between the hd 4600 and iris pro my mistake and it was also a retort to the guy who said Iris pro is stronger than HD 4600 which is true but it's still weaker than Kaveri ... I have done individual testing on my own previously of Kaveri vs Iris pro very similar to linus's (sadly I don't have records on hand) and Well as I already posted Linus tested Intels modern vs Old AMD (iGpu wise) and OLD amd wins soo that should just say how awesome Kaveri rocks with it's iGPU

The comment was meant to have a comma between the hd 4600 and iris pro my mistake and it was also a retort to the guy who said Iris pro is stronger than HD 4600 which is true but it's still weaker than Kaveri ... I have done individual testing on my own previously of Kaveri vs Iris pro very similar to linus's (sadly I don't have records on hand) and Well as I already posted Linus tested Intels modern vs Old AMD (iGpu wise) and OLD amd wins soo that should just say how awesome Kaveri rocks with it's iGPU

Weaker? The articles regarding iris pro AND kaveri they seems to be equal (depending on games (we are NOT considering mantle support)).

Kaveri does seems to have the advantages at higher resolutions.

Intel Hd4600 is like a fx 4300 where Iris pro is like a fx 8320 (almost literally. Twice the cores).

HD4600 is barely a upgrade from HD4400 (16 cores to 20 cores, however which higher frequency).

Linus video have no influence on iris pros performance. at all.

I know, what it the point with it? That kaveri biggest competition is a laptop IGP? So we should instead consider it against the new FX APU (cannot remember what is is called FX 7600P or something like that)?

Do I really need to answer your two last sentences? Do I?

yup

AMD FX-7600P

the declocked version of the A10-7850K on a laptop

well ppl have a mindset that a discrete GPU nets better framesrates

just that Intel claiming that Iris Pro is better than Geforce or Radeon is really false here

yup

AMD FX-7600P

the declocked version of the A10-7850K on a laptop

well ppl have a mindset that a discrete GPU nets better framesrates

just that Intel claiming that Iris Pro is better than Geforce or Radeon is really false here

Where have Intel claimed that iris pro is better than Geforce or Radeon?

I REALLY doubt they have.

Depends which one. GeForce and Radeon branding covers both the GT210 and the 5450 ;)