Crazy frame skipping monitor!

sdhdok

So i have a Qnix 2710 monitor that seems to have a permanent frame skip no matter what refresh rate it's set at.

Not only does it skip frames every few seconds (in every damn game and even when playing videos) but it's also out of sync with my audio .

I've tried everything from installing new drivers to complete OS reinstalls (i'm running windows 7 if that's relevant)

The only other "monitor" i could test with was my crappy 21 inch TV, and there was no frame skips using that.

I'm using an AMD R9 290 to output video (via dual link DVI) to the monitor.

Please someone help.... I'm at my wit's end and contemplating... (GASP)  going back to console gaming. 

So i have a Qnix 2710 monitor that seems to have a permanent frame skip no matter what refresh rate it's set at.

Not only does it skip frames every few seconds (in every damn game and even when playing videos) but it's also out of sync with my audio .

I've tried everything from installing new drivers to complete OS reinstalls (i'm running windows 7 if that's relevant)

The only other "monitor" i could test with was my crappy 21 inch TV, and there was no frame skips using that.

I'm using an AMD R9 290 to output video (via dual link DVI) to the monitor.

Please someone help.... I'm at my wit's end and contemplating... (GASP)  going back to console gaming. 

have you tried display port?

can you reset to factory settings?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

have you tried display port?

can you reset to factory settings?

It's a single input monitor (only has a DVI port)

It only has controls at the bottom that don't appear on screen.

It's a single input monitor (only has a DVI port)

It only has controls at the bottom that don't appear on screen.

hmm you have any DVI cable in the house?

try that to rule out cable issues

try with your onboard display to rule out GPU problems

all else fails

your monitor is going out my friend

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

hmm you have any DVI cable in the house?

try that to rule out cable issues

try with your onboard display to rule out GPU problems

all else fails

your monitor is going out my friend

I already tried the DVI cable (bought a new one)  no dice.

I can't use an onboard gpu with this monitor it requires a dedicated gpu

That sucks this monitor is 5 months old and hasn't worked right since day one ( i bought it from Korea so i'm pretty sure there isn't a warranty) 

I already tried the DVI cable (bought a new one)  no dice.

I can't use an onboard gpu with this monitor it requires a dedicated gpu

That sucks this monitor is 5 months old and hasn't worked right since day one ( i bought it from Korea so i'm pretty sure there isn't a warranty) 

no harm asking for warranty from the site where you bought it

i believe the mobo does have the juice from the onboard to power the monitor

if its Intel of course

no harm asking for warranty from the site where you bought it

i believe the mobo does have the juice from the onboard to power the monitor

if its Intel of course

I bought it from ebay.

It's not a matter of "juice"  this monitor is incompatible with onboard graphics

@sdhdok, that sounds like some bad pixel overdrive compensation (used to speed up the monitors response time). ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@sdhdok, that sounds like some bad pixel overdrive compensation (used to speed up the monitors response time). ;)

Is there anything i can do about it?

Is there anything i can do about it?

Well "some" monitors do have an option in the On Screen Display (OSD) to adjust or disable it (like most ASUS monitors). However, if that monitor doesn't have an OSD then I think you might be out of luck unfortunately. :(

Well "some" monitors do have an option in the On Screen Display (OSD) to adjust or disable it (like most ASUS monitors). However, if that monitor doesn't have an OSD then I think you might be out of luck unfortunately. :(

I just tested my set up with the TV in the Lounge room, it's definitely smoother but also seems to stutter a bit, particularly when playing flash video.

I just tested my set up with the TV in the Lounge room, it's definitely smoother but also seems to stutter a bit, particularly when playing flash video.

Hmm...interesting. Well unfortunately most monitors have the annoying OD compensation. As far as I know no TVs have pixel OD compensation in them so that stuttering may just be your internet browser or your PC.

Thats the problem with buying crappy koreon monitors its a gamble that you get one that works well

Have you tried over or under clocking the monitor to get it back to its correct refresh rate?

Why not try sell it and buy a new monitor, going back to console makes 0 sense as its just a monitor problem

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thats the problem with buying crappy koreon monitors its a gamble that you get one that works well

Have you tried over or under clocking the monitor to get it back to its correct refresh rate?

Why not try sell it and buy a new monitor, going back to console makes 0 sense as its just a monitor problem

I just really hope it's only a monitor problem, it'd really suck if i bought a new one only to have the same problems......

It really does look like i'll have to buy a new monitor, though i'd really feel bad about selling a monitor that doesn't work right. It might end up haveing to become a $300 reddit browsing screen .........sigh

I just really hope it's only a monitor problem, it'd really suck if i bought a new one only to have the same problems......

It really does look like i'll have to buy a new monitor, though i'd really feel bad about selling a monitor that doesn't work right. It might end up haveing to become a $300 reddit browsing screen .........sigh

You could relegate it to being a second monitor for watchign youtube or for productivity

I am sure you could sell it but advertise that it is not suitable for gaming as it stutters, but works great for somebody editing documents and just take a bit of a hit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You could relegate it to being a second monitor for watchign youtube or for productivity

I am sure you could sell it but advertise that it is not suitable for gaming as it stutters, but works great for somebody editing documents and just take a bit of a hit

Having read all of the problems i'm having, do think that beyond a shadow of a doubt it's the monitor at fault? 

And if so... do you think there's nothing left to do but buy a name brand monitor and be done with it?

Having read all of the problems i'm having, do think that beyond a shadow of a doubt it's the monitor at fault? 

And if so... do you think there's nothing left to do but buy a name brand monitor and be done with it?

I honestly have no idea, what refresh rate is it running at?

I honestly have no idea, what refresh rate is it running at?

It can get up to 110hz but even running at 60hz it frame skips all the time

It can get up to 110hz but even running at 60hz it frame skips all the time

I was just wondering if it only happened when it was OCd

Try run it at 50/30hz see if anything else happens? Maybe its native refresh rate is something weird

I was just wondering if it only happened when it was OCd

Try run it at 50/30hz see if anything else happens? Maybe its native refresh rate is something weird

At 50 hz it gets these weird green lines over half the screen, at 30hz it's just colours and lines everywhere