Looking for a good Cherry MX Blue keyboard. NO FANBOYS.

defunkt

I;v been looking for a good gaming keyboard for a while now.. I really want Cherry MX Blues.. And preferably a blue backlight. I like the look of CM Storms new keyboard as well as the razer black widow ultimate.. But i'm not sure.. If you have any good suggestions please tell me! :D

hello

I would stay away from the Razer Blackwidow Ult unless it's the 2013 edition. Ducky Shine II would be my personal recommendation. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

I'd recommend Ducky Shine II, WASD, and Filco.

What's your price range?

I would stay away from the Razer Blackwidow Ult unless it's the 2013 edition. Ducky Shine II would be my personal recommendation. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.
I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 its actually a really good keyboard. My first Razer keyboard and I'm really liking it.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013

I got the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013. It is a great keyboard but here are my thoughts.

Pros:

- Really responcive keys

- 5 Programable Macros

- Wicked ammounts of lighting modes

- Razer Synapse allows for crazy ammounts of customization

Cons:

- Razer Synapse crashes sometimes

- Your Macros wont work unless Synapse is open

All in al its a 4/5 star keyboard in my mindset, if Razer just improved synapse it would be 5/5 in my book. But besides the cons its a GREAT keyboard and I highly reccomend it

Intel i7-3820

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866

GTX 680

What's your budget, what are you preferences? Backlit, Macro keys, minimalistic design etc?

Filco, DAS, Duckys. Anywhere between those, not sure if you're able to find one with backlit. I'm sure you can, but backlits on mechanical keyboard aren't as common.

Since you want MX blues and prefer a backlit keyboard these come in mind: Ducky Shine II, CM Storm Quickfire TK, KBT Race / Pure.

What's wrong with the non 2013 edition of the Black Widow Ultimate?

I just bought it yesterday and haven't encountered any problems. I bought it for $99 and I like it!

Ducky Shine II, there is no competition. DAS is alright, FILCO is damn good. Just get the Ducky Shine II though.

I have a ducky shine II and I love it to bits, definitely go with ducky.

What's wrong with the non 2013 edition of the Black Widow Ultimate?

I just bought it yesterday and haven't encountered any problems. I bought it for $99 and I like it!

It's a very risky buy. There are plenty of original Blackwidows that have no issues, but I'm unaware of any other keyboard more prone to them.

Ducky Shine II, there is no competition. DAS is alright, FILCO is damn good. Just get the Ducky Shine II though.
You need to elaborate, or you run into the "because cake" scenario. If you're going to say things like Filcos, CM Storms, KBTs, Leopolds and DAS can't even compete, you should kind of back it up.

You need to elaborate' date=' or you run into the "because cake" scenario. If you're going to say things like Filcos, CM Storms, KBTs, Leopolds and DAS can't even compete, you should kind of back it up.[/quote']

How a keyboard feels isn't something you can explain. You have to try it for yourself. However there is a reason Ducky keyboards are the most advised.

"However there is a ducky keyboards are the most advised"....Wut?

"However there is a ducky keyboards are the most advised"....Wut?

I missed the word "reason" there is a reason ducky keyboards...

Ducky Shine II without a doubt, and I've tried many many different ones. If you can't get a Ducky get a Filco. Cooler Masters are ok, but stay away from Razers they are horrible in comparison.

I own an original Blackwidow, the first thing i did was went and found the original drivers, prior to synapse and installed them, i have no problems with it, but the glossy finish isnt that nice. Also the ultimate 2013 has green backlight no?

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

That's an appeal to popularity. I'm reminded of the Extreme4s which were by far the most recommend motherboard for a while and then people discovered they had crappy capacitors or something.

So I'm guessing you own a Ducky Shine II. Have you owned Filcos and Das?

That's an appeal to popularity. I'm reminded of the Extreme4s which were by far the most recommend motherboard for a while and then people discovered they had crappy capacitors or something. So I'm guessing you own a Ducky Shine II. Have you owned Filcos and Das?

I have two Filcos, one Ducky, I have played with a DAS but do not own one. I have messed around with a Blackwidow. I own a Rosewill (surprisingly not bad, actually). I have a G15 first gen. My friend has a CM Storm, I have not been able to play around with as much as I want.

I'd say the Ducky like everyone else is saying, or look at the Cooler Master Quickfire TK.

Ducky Shine IIs if you're willing to pay that much for the keyboard (the backlight and the modes are amazing). If you don't want to pay that much, I would suggest a Quickfire TK.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I would go for the Ducky but i cant find it anywhere in the uk.. And shipping from the US would bring it way past £150 :/ I think I might go with razer as synapse now has its offline mode and the macro keys would be nice... on the razer website they dont have and pictures of a blue black widow ultimate 2013, so do they do blue 2013 edition?

hello