How to get an ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 to run an fx 6350 cpu?

doomed2fail

Hi, first time builder, I've hit a slight snag. My cpu is apparently not supported by my motherboard, even though it says on the fucking box that it supports fx; but I digress.  I know I need to update my bios, but I have no idea how to do it. I can't access windows, I'm stuck at the bios set up screen.

If someone could give me a step by step guide to updating the bios I would really appreciate it.

Using another PC, download the latest bios from the Asus website. Put it on a usb drive (refer to your manual to see the supported formatting). Go into the bios and there should be some options for loading the new bios from the usb drive. Refer to your manual for more specific steps.

ok this is where I'm at, when I try to update the bios through usb key I'm getting the message: "No update module is found in the file". I have what I believe to be the correct version of the bios on the usb key it is also correctly named (I think) "M5A78L.rom"

I don't really know what else to do....

ok this is where I'm at, when I try to update the bios through usb key I'm getting the message: "No update module is found in the file". I have what I believe to be the correct version of the bios on the usb key it is also correctly named (I think) "M5A78L.rom"

I don't really know what else to do....

I'm not that experienced with messing with the bios of motherboards, so the most reliable thing I can tell you right now is to contact Asus and ask them about it... They might ask for your current BIOS version and the mobo serial number so it would be handy to make a note of it...

so there is no bios version that supports the fx 6350. It is apparently not supported by the motherboard. GET FUCKED ASUS.

Yeah, it support the FX-6300 but not the FX-6350....

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Ask ASUS about it, the 6300 and 6350 is pretty much identical other than clockspeed, so it should be supported.