What is your favorite video game soundtrack?

bchampion96

My favorite video game soundtrack (that's original to the game) is the Binding of Isaac OST. It has the perfect mix of rock, industrial and ambient elements.

I also have a big soft spot for Jeremy Soule's soundtracks. But mostly his ambient stuff.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My favorite soundtrack bar none is the Halo 3 soundtrack (followed by ODST). I listen to it too much tbh

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Elder scrolls III: Morrowind.

Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Elder scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder scrolls online.

Elder scrolls soundtracks for the win!

My recent favorites have been from Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Hyper Light Drifter, Furi, and most of Supergiant's work. Honorable mention to Rocket League.

While I'd hesitate to say a game I've only played for about six hours already qualifies as a "favorite," Nier: Automata is almost certainly going to end up on that list as well.

I would also add Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Starcraft II (especially Wings of Liberty). Probably a lot more I don't remember right now. Witcher 3 is probably my favorite right now.

[Insert smart comment here]

I'm definitely quite fond of the Skyrim soundtrack too. I also like the Binding of Isaac's soundtrack, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's soundtrack, and even Modern Warfare 3's had its moments.

My favorite has to be the Undertale soundtrack, though. It has so much charm.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I wish i could get hold of sound tracks from Underground 1, the one before NFS 2

Grand Theft Auto and Grand Turismo have great soundtracks as well.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

N.E.R.D - Rockstar (James nevis remix) from every burnout that has ever been in... Idk I get retarded take down streaks when that starts playing

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I just love Goldeneye 64's soundtrack. xD

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

I just love Goldeneye 64's soundtrack. xD

Severnaya Bunker amggg

Also I love Quake's OST and the original DOOM's.

I would say witcher 3 and life is strange. I dont usually pay attention to sound tracks, like NEVER, but in these games it was so good for the mood and pacing of the games... 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

3 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

If you haven't heard Doom (2016)'s soundtrack, you will have a new favourite.

Mick Gordon is a damn genius for how he made the music build up around the gameplay. Absolutely fantastic!

Here's a original one: The FarCry 3 theme.

The way it plays at the end of the last main quest is just magic to me.

My Top 5

1. Skyrim

2. Pokemon D & P

3. The Witcher 3

4. LoZ Ocarina of Time

5. Pokemon ORAS

You guys don't see the greatness of Nintendo Soundtracks T-T

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Probably just the tracks from space engineers. The music is so inspiring, and it feels like it builds you up to greater creativity.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Imo nothing beats DMC 3/4 and POP: Warrior Within. Doom was great as well.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Beat Hazard anyone?  I love being able to make my personal library into the music for a game.