AMD A10 v.s. AMD FX! What do you think is better?

So this is a very hard topic but I want to know what you guys think, AMD A10 series or the AMD FX series? I currently have the FX-8350 and I know a lot of you guys here are going to start commenting that AMD sucks and other stuff like that but who cares?! Comment AWAY!

AMD FX-8350 FTW!!!! www.youtube.com/fnkgaming

The FX line of CPU's is vastly superior in every way possible to any AMD APU's in terms of processing power but it won't have an integrated graphics solution.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

AMD FX 6-core and 8-core CPUs destroy the APUs

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

You joined the forum just for this? This is going to start a war.

Anyway, I'm a budget-minded person and would take APU over FX-series processors because it eliminates the need to purchase a dedicated graphics processor.

A10 is an APU, this is like comparing a car to a motorcycle when the answer depends on whether it's raining or not.

AMD FX 6-core and 8-core CPUs destroy the APUs

you could even add the FX-4300 as well..it's also much faster than the APU's and any FM2+ (750k, 760k) wich lacks the L3 cache and won't do as well in games...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

FX.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Pretty much any FX processor will ruin an APU. So... Go away.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Gotta represent my 5800k, apus ftw :D

awww man :(

your CPU is great 

I don't see why you need to downgrade to the A10 

you are downgrading from a 8 core to a 4 core

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

your CPU is great 

I don't see why you need to downgrade to the A10 

you are downgrading from a 8 core to a 4 core

I wasn't really going to downgrade to the A10, but I was just wondering because I almost got the A10 6800K before I started my build and I was curious what the internet thought.

AMD FX-8350 FTW!!!! www.youtube.com/fnkgaming

I wasn't really going to downgrade to the A10, but I was just wondering because I almost got the A10 6800K before I started my build and I was curious what the internet thought.

you wont find many apu fans in here as 99% of the time (gaming wise) a cheap cpu (750k, fx4300) with a lower end gpu (r7 260x, gtx 660) are a much better choice.

The advantage of the A10 is because of the iGPU is much more superior than Intel's HD graphics

other than that I don't see why people will choose the A10

the game changer for the A10-7850K however is the ability of AMD's HSA to convert the iGPU into something like CUDA where certain apps which use OpenCL can make use of the 8 GPU cores for compute stuffs making it a 12 core compute monster provided the program supports OpenCL and HSA.

Another advantage is the support of TrueAudio which means no more onboard sound(hopefully)

And support for PCI-E 3.0 and support for M.2 and newer SATA technologies

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

you wont find many apu fans in here as 99% of the time (gaming wise) a cheap cpu (750k, fx4300) with a lower end gpu (r7 260x, gtx 660) are a much better choice.

I'm a potential A10-7850K user

will be a huge upgrade from my Core 2 Duo

but just for the lolz and to bust some bottlenecks myths, I will pair it with a 290X for 1440P photo editing and gaming

I'm a potential A10-7850K user

will be a huge upgrade from my Core 2 Duo

but just for the lolz and to bust some bottlenecks myths, I will pair it with a 290X for 1440P photo editing and gaming

you wont bust that much bottlenecks myth with that trust me... even an fx8320 at 4.6ghz was a substantial bottleneck to a gtx 780 in many aaa titles...

oh and please get a 290...the 290x is ridiculously overpriced, the premium price isnt justified!

but i do get that with a 1440p resolution a 290 wouldnt be that bottlenecked in most games...only the cpu intensive online games.

150$ for an APU? C'mon it isn't worth to spend so much especially if you're so strict on budget just to bust myths.

you wont bust that much bottlenecks myth with that trust me... even an fx8320 at 4.6ghz was a substantial bottleneck to a gtx 780 in many aaa titles...

oh and please get a 290...the 290x is ridiculously overpriced, the premium price isnt justified!

but i do get that with a 1440p resolution a 290 wouldnt be that bottlenecked in most games...only the cpu intensive online games.

maybe not with the crazy pricing now but who knows

Dec is the good time when prices are slashed to clear the stocks

So far other than JawTwoCents A10+270 combo rig

nobody has tried the A10 with a bigger GPU

I not really gonna play any huge blockbuster games here, only like a few racing games like NFS,F1 and Grid and the Online FPS game Mechwarrior Online 

not gunning for the highest FPS as long I can get constant 60 FPS I will be happy

will try my luck to do extreme OC for the CPU side of the A10

note:

my location in Singapore don't carry the Athlon 760K and the price of a Intel i5 system is 200 dollars more over the A10

due to my limited budget

I will only the run the A10 first before getting the 290X in the coming months

maybe not with the crazy pricing now but who knows

Dec is the good time when prices are slashed to clear the stocks

So far other than JawTwoCents A10+270 combo rig

nobody has tried the A10 with a bigger GPU

I not really gonna play any huge blockbuster games here, only like a few racing games like NFS,F1 and Grid and the Online FPS game Mechwarrior Online 

not gunning for the highest FPS as long I can get constant 60 FPS I will be happy

will try my luck to do extreme OC for the CPU side of the A10

note:

my location in Singapore don't carry the Athlon 760K and the price of a Intel i5 system is 200 dollars more over the A10

due to my limited budget

I will only the run the A10 first before getting the 290X in the coming months

i get it!

so the fx4300 is also not an option as you will have no gpu for a while?

i get it!

so the fx4300 is also not an option as you will have no gpu for a while?

yes my current GPU is also too old to be used 

who still use a 8600GT DDR2?

the AMD FX line has been discontinued in Singapore

hardly any more shops carry the FX CPU and mobos

and even they do have remaining stocks, the price of the board and CPU are inflated that you rather pick the i5 combo instead 

I need the A10 to ride over the lack of a discrete GPU until I can get one in Dec

I will do a proper build log and proper benchmarks when the time comes

As a CPU, the FX series will be better than the A series at almost anything.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.