Blue Snowball vs. ATR2100-USB vs. Samson Meteor USB

Trail Mixorz

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

All I can say is, if you don't want it to pickup your keyboard, stay away from the Snowball. It picks up EVERYTHING.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Both the Blue SnowBall and ATR2100 are great mics so to me it's just which one looks better to you. I know nothing about the Samson though :P

And what Cacao says is really true about the snowball

They are all pretty much the same quality wise. I would pick the snowball just because it's the cheapest at $55 for some of them and the color choices. As for not picking up your keyboard, I can't say for sure. The best way to do that would be actually to buy a floor standing boom stand and get it as close to your mouth as possible. If you just put it on your desk with the included stand, it will most likely pick up your keyboard. 

Edit: If you want to be sure not to pick up your keyboard, a modmic would be the way to go. It has a bit less sound quality than the other desktop mics but is still very good and you really don't need more if it's just for voip. 

All I can say is, if you don't want it to pickup your keyboard, stay away from the Snowball. It picks up EVERYTHING.

Yeah, I'm using it at the moment, it's a great mic...but that's sort of the problem. Everything from keyboard noises and general background noise, to my toilet flushing. I'm probably going to pick up a modmic. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Both the Blue SnowBall and ATR2100 are great mics so to me it's just which one looks better to you. I know nothing about the Samson though :P

And what Cacao says is really true about the snowball

Yeah, I'm using it at the moment, it's a great mic...but that's sort of the problem. Everything from keyboard noises and general background noise, to my toilet flushing. I'm probably going to pick up a modmic. 

Really? I thought the blue snowball was cardioid and unidirectional?

They'll al;l pick up your keyboard if you're not using a noise gate.

well that's why I'm getting a unidirectional mic

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

well that's why I'm getting a unidirectional mic

Cardioid polar pattern != unidirectional. These will still pick up a mechanical keyboard in recordings.