Good and silent 200mm fan intake?

Larrivee013

Hey! I have a quick question for you. I have the Corsair Obsidian 650D and it has a 200mm front intake fan. The thing is that it is sooo loud! I just can't stand it anymore! I was wondering what would you recommend? The ones that come back the most are the Cooler Master Megaflows and some Bitfenix ones, but I wanted to have your opinion. I mainly want silent operation because all the computers are in the same room and when I play games, it's annoying for my parents to hear the fans.

Thanks in advance

-Keven

Do you want a 200MM fan, or 2 120MM fans? I believe the 650D can accommodate 2 x 120MM fans in the front. If you get Noctua NF 12 fans, they provide great air flow with minimal sound.

I have a 200mm BitFenix Spectre fan as intake on my HAF X. I don't hear it all but it pushes a good amount of air into the case.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

@Dave

No unfortunately it does not accomodate 2 X 120MM natively. You have to do some sort of mod to the case which I don't really want to get into. Thanks anyways.

@Makol

Thanks for your opinion. I'll be sure to look at those if they are not too expensive.

Bitfenix Spectre and Spectre Pro are great. I have the Pro one on the side of my Carbide 500R

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

@Dave No unfortunately it does not accomodate 2 X 120MM natively. You have to do some sort of mod to the case which I don't really want to get into. Thanks anyways. @Makol Thanks for your opinion. I'll be sure to look at those if they are not too expensive.

Ah ok, my apologies. As suggested earlier, the Bitfenix fans are a great buy, i haven't heard bad things about them.

Good luck :)

Ah ok' date=' my apologies. As suggested earlier, the Bitfenix fans are a great buy, i haven't heard bad things about them. Good luck :)[/quote']

No worries :) No one can know everything! Thanks for your opinion! Greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Now the question is : Is the pro worth the 7-8 bucks difference? lol

I got the Pro because it look better in my opinion and because a friend of mine sold it to me. The Bitfenix site is not working correctly so I cannot find any performance differences, if there are any.

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

I currently have a Cooler Master Megaflow. Does anyone think it's worth it to switch to the Bitfenix Spectre? Or are they pretty much on par with each other?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I currently have a Cooler Master Megaflow. Does anyone think it's worth it to switch to the Bitfenix Spectre? Or are they pretty much on par with each other?

As mentioned above, as I read online, both seem to be the best performers. If it works good for you, i don't see why you should change it.

I have two Megaflows in my HAF X with two Spectres, the Megaflows are much more audible than the Spectres and seem too push about the same amount of air.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

For my information, are they regular Spectres or Spectres Pro?

There is a difference actually in the RPM, airflow, and size (the pro is 25mm while the non-pro is only 20mm thick, which doesn't matter anyway since it fits in a 650D).

Pro: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14...20025R-RP.html

Non-pro: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...20020R-RP.html

Since you wanted something quiet, maybe go with the Spectre (non-pro)? Since it spins at a low rpm and doesn't produce much sound.

Thanks. This is a tough choice. Maybe I could with the Pro and use one of the "low noise" adapter Linus is always talking about if I think it makes too much noise.

For my information' date=' are they regular Spectres or Spectres Pro?[/quote']

They are both normal Spectre fans.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

For my information' date=' are they regular Spectres or Spectres Pro?[/quote']

They are both normal Spectre fans.

Thanks ;) I wish we had a thanks button to thank people instead of a like one. Maybe both? I'll have to talk to Slick about this ^^. Anyways thanks!

before running out and buying new fans, have you considered a in line resistor? they are cheaper and stop noise. however, if you are set on new fans, grab spectres or spectre pros.

I have the 2x 200mm spectre pro on my haf x for top exhaust.

They are pretty loud on full rpm but perform really well.

Also if u turn them down to half rpm they are actually very quiet but obviously dont perform as well.

Would def recommend tho. Not much choice for led fans like this in my experience.

I've used the Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fans and they are really good. Quiet performance and they do push a substantial amount of air.

would also go for a non-pro since they're not that expensive and still one of the best 200mm fans.. they still push a decent amount of air, and still stay quiet.. and i mean realy quiet

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

The Coolermaster megaflow (30mm thick) CANNOT fit in the front of 650d unless you remove the two hardrive cages.

The bitfenix spectre PRO (25mm thick) can BARELY fit into the front without removing the cages.

The bitfenix spectre non-pro (20mm thick) is probably the best choice, just use a 7v adaptor described by linus and it will be breezy and silent.

Thanks guys. I've made my choice and I'll probably go for the the Bitfenix Spectre (non-pro).

Again thanks a lot for all your help.

Thanks guys. I've made my choice and I'll probably go for the the Bitfenix Spectre (non-pro).

Again thanks a lot for all your help.

Spectre Pro moves a LOT more air just FYI. 148 Vs 48 CFM. You can always downvolt a Pro, you cannot speed up a non-Pro

Alternatively you could get a fan controller or as Brian has suggested just under volt them with adapters or ghetto mod if you know how.