Acer H236HL bid, Opinions, and if possible...

For my build in July, i have opted to take some advice from the king himself, and go with 3x Acer H236HL bid's. Great price, they look like they will be B E A utiful, and price wise, its awesome. Now i would like to know  anything that you guys have found nice, bad, ok, neat, awesome, anything about it, since Linus is one of like 5 people to even review the stinking thing. One thing i would love to find out, which i realize is shooting pretty high here, but in the new build i will be running 2 Titans in SLI, i would like to know if anyone out there has tried to OC the refresh rate of this monitor, and if so how far they got. Even if i would not be able to play with the OC'ed refresh rate in Surround, i would like to use it for Smite, or anything else that does not support surround. If for some reason you need a link to said monitor here it is. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=4976413&vpn=UM%2EVH6AA%2E003&manufacture=ACER

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

I have 3- Acer 232HL bid's running 2 560Ti's in SLI .

Mostly older games don't support surround, most will just stretch the horizontal and keep the verical the same. I find it too distracting, and just run those games on one screen.

Don't know about overclocking them yet, that is new to the Titan and hopefully all the 700 series.

With 2 560Ti's I don't really have to worry about getting much higher than the 60 Hz refreash rate.  :)

It's an IPS monitor so even if you can up the refresh rate that doesn't mean it will be ghosting-free.  IPS monitors have a slower response than TN panels so they aren't really suitable for higher refresh rates.  That being said I've found 60Hz is plenty smooth.

• 1 month later...

I would love to get some opinion on the monitor quality too :D

Considering getting either the MX239H or the Acer H236HL bid

The ghosting part i never thought about, thank you for that Glenwing, i guess i will try very minor overclocks, like around 65hz, and see what happens and go from there, if there is just to much ghosting then i will scrap that idea, but regardless i will still be going SLI Titans, truly just because i want to wait as long as possible to upgrade again seeing as i will be in in school for the next 2 years and will not have a huge spending limit at that time like i do now. If anyone else has any input on the monitors please share, i could watch all of Linus's review for the very obvious reason that it cuts out, but they still look like what i want from a monitor. 

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

I'm about to order this monitor Friday! D and I assume you guys play PC games way over 60FPS. I plan on console gaming with mostly FPS's, which are stuck at 60 FPS. Does it have any ghosting issues? Also how reflective is the display when turned on, I know when it's off it looks like a mirror lol?

To divert from the main topic a tad, why not try 3x Asus Mx239h? Bezel less and anti glare.

Dont get this monitor at any cost. I had that monitor and sent it back. The input lag was mediocre but the response time was awful. The colours was awful as well. Maybe my monitor was bad patch but i never had such a bad monitor

The mx239h is more expensive :O

was the acer monitor really that bad?

Yes, couldnt play any fast paced game. When playing far cry 3 couldnt see the fire coming out of the gun for example. In bioshock the colours were horrendous and in black ops 2.... you can imagine.... It ruins the experience if you ask me. Am really honest with this.

Luckily amazon accepted the return and am looking for a new monitor now. Dell u2312hm seems nice but i have heard that has some issues with the latest revision. 

Yes, couldnt play any fast paced game. When playing far cry 3 couldnt see the fire coming out of the gun for example. In bioshock the colours were horrendous and in black ops 2.... you can imagine.... It ruins the experience if you ask me. Am really honest with this.

Luckily amazon accepted the return and am looking for a new monitor now. Dell u2312hm seems nice but i have heard that has some issues with the latest revision. 

Well I had heard the input lag was horrible. Were you playing PC games?

I was thinking of just saying screw a IPS monitor because the ASUS Vn247H-P I had seen looked just as good as the IPS's it was next to, plus I'm gonna be gaming with my head 3-4 ft away from the screen anyways. It's not like I need to be able to see at weird angles, I'm just worred that the TNs will have worse color than the IPS's.

Dont get this monitor at any cost. I had that monitor and sent it back. The input lag was mediocre but the response time was awful. The colours was awful as well. Maybe my monitor was bad patch but i never had such a bad monitor

Yay grammar! Everything I have heard about this monitor is quite the opposite. I am thinking about getting the 21.5 inch version

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

The Dell has a worse response time compared to the Acer. But I doubt the Acer could be that bad until it got 5 Eggs on Newegg, 4 stars on Amazon and I think 4 Stars as well in NCIX

The Dell has a worse response time compared to the Acer. But I doubt the Acer could be that bad until it got 5 Eggs on Newegg, 4 stars on Amazon and I think 4 Stars as well in NCIX

You gotta understand man, the a low response time is good but it doesn't represent what the input lag would be. The Response time might be 5ms but the input lag might be 18ms.

Clearly the term is "input lag", meaning you see EVERYTHING but with a delay of certain amount of milliseconds.

So either you're A: making it up or B: bad at FPS because you think they are not seeing fire because of the "monitors delay" is a fabrication, or at the very least not technically accurate. The problem lies elsewhere if you are "missing frames".

When I start my media player, it takes a second or so to start, that is my "DELAY" but I still get to see the whole movie FFS.

Yay grammar! Everything I have heard about this monitor is quite the opposite. I am thinking about getting the 21.5 inch version

Whats wrong with grammar :p???

I am telling you my personal experience.

The acer monitor doesnt have 5ms by any means

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/455818/Acer-H236hl.html?page=5#manual

Typical repsonse according to them is 15ms to 21

Clearly the term is "input lag", meaning you see EVERYTHING but with a delay of certain amount of milliseconds.

So either you're A: making it up or B: bad at FPS because you think they are not seeing fire because of the "monitors delay" is a fabrication, or at the very least not technically accurate. The problem lies elsewhere if you are "missing frames".

When I start my media player, it takes a second or so to start, that is my "DELAY" but I still get to see the whole movie FFS.

Am not a monitor expert mate. But when i play with different panel i could see more with wayyy better colors. Maybe it was that particular monitor i had but thats the truth.

Tftcentral.co.uk counts input lag + response time

To judge for gaming capability

Delay. Am reffering to the input lag mate. Ghosting is the response time

Of the pixels. Just to be clear

I am telling you my personal experience.

The acer monitor doesnt have 5ms by any means

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/455818/Acer-H236hl.html?page=5#manual

Typical repsonse according to them is 15ms to 21

Then isn't it weird Linus recommended it for triple monitor gaming? At that rate it's better to get an Asus MX239H

Am not a monitor expert mate. But when i play with different panel i could see more with wayyy better colors. Maybe it was that particular monitor i had but thats the truth.

Tftcentral.co.uk counts input lag + response time

To judge for gaming capability

I quoted a guy who said that to me about what you had put. So trust me, I didn't type that up at all. I copied what you said to another forum and that's what a guy responded with lol.

I've heard on more than this site that the Acer has horrible input lag, as much as a TV.

Whats wrong with grammar :P???

There it is again. Alot of the words your using are not the proper words and take some thinking to see what your actually saying.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

There it is again. Alot of the words your using are not the proper words and take some thinking to see what your actually saying.

missing "the"?? thats all?

missing "the"?? thats all?

Ok so "Whats wrong with grammar?" and "Whats wrong with the grammar?" and two very different questions. Ones asking me a overall question and the other is asking about your post in particular.

Ok so "Whats wrong with grammar?" and "Whats wrong with the grammar?" and two very different questions. Ones asking me a overall question and the other is asking about your post in particular.

Let's not argue over grammar. Help the OP or don't post.