Rate the Photo Above you

Doesn't make me to react in any way.  Something felt really wrong about the image, then I noticed it's the fake blur. Also the bit that supposed to be sharp really isn't...

Here's a pic from wednesday

Whats with all the noise? Lots of space left for a whole lot of nothing. Focus on the borealis, zoom in, use long 100 iso exposure, leave the foreground altogether. In the case its made with a phone or a pocket camera, its just a snapshot.

castle_by_kereplaz-d9cicqy.jpg

Seince all of ^^^^^^^^ that crap happened, i thought i might try and get the thread going like it was.

here is a photo i took yesterday at fleet week in San Francisco.

22093418351_fe350a621d_k.jpgblue angels by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

[snip]

here is a photo i took yesterday at fleet week in San Francisco.

blue angels by Tauss ., on Flickr

Not bad, it's not always easy to capture good photos during an air show when you're on the ground and the planes are flying formation in the air.  It's hard to be in good vantage points.  5/10.

post-243744-0-12248700-1444604610.jpg

A photo shoot I did to promote the availability of research materials in a library (at a UN agency).

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Not bad, it's not always easy to capture good photos during an air show when you're on the ground and the planes are flying formation in the air.  It's hard to be in good vantage points.  5/6.

attachicon.gifMerge.jpg

A photo shoot I did to promote the availability of research materials in a library (at a UN agency).

Points for Photoshop craziness. I mean the focal point isn't really in focus though. 6/10

bnKUgrz.jpg

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Points for Photoshop craziness. I mean the focal point isn't really in focus though. 6/10

The colours are a little dull and I don't find the subject very exciting. The subject is sharp though and the fucusing is good. 4/10

22085051112_2ccbd92b3a_k.jpgDSC04200edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Love the colors - Some sort of light source on the bikes would have made it better :)

6/10

Afrika_726.jpg

From my recent trip to South Africa

@Xafer, focus is nice with the branches  in the scenery, but I feel it could have a little more focus on the lions face instead of its stomach. 8/10

I took this today at one of the parks in my area while I was walking with my brother and one of my friends.

(This is on my Nexus 6 btw)

anMXox6.jpg

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

nice, i like the nature and the water, 7/10

this was one of my first shoots,

post-191903-0-42901100-1444895220_thumb.

nice, i like the nature and the water, 7/10

this was one of my first shoots,

Grainy but as a first shoot its really good!  Keep up the good work mate! ;) P.S I like bokeh! 

Trying some product shooting, Using led panel and yongnuo speedlite flash.Nikon D7100 With kit lens 18-55MM.

sL4scD2l.jpg

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

snip

2/10.  Good work for a beginner I guess, watch out for shadows. Try different angles. What is the object?  Here's a nice quick video that shows you some of the preparation that goes into doing a product shoot.

Today I received a call from old friends/clients who wanted me to send them a copy of a portrait I did of their daughter for Chinese New Year a while back.  Thought I'd share it here, with their permission of course.

post-243744-0-20522500-1445202333_thumb.

EDIT: That lantern was hand made and lit only with a candle, their daughter (who is adopted) is about the same age as my adopted baby sister who is living half-way around the world.  Her parents are colleagues of mine who work for the UN and they wanted to make sure their daughter also grew up to experience some of her native culture, so as I grew up celebrating CNY with my mother's side of the family I was the resident "expert" on Chinese culture and history.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Today I received a call from old friends/clients who wanted me to send them a copy of a portrait I did of their daughter for Chinese New Year a while back.  Thought I'd share it here, with their permission of course.

Looks great, really beutiful lighting everything about it is great. 9/10 (Only drops 1 because I am not a fan of portraits, so with that personal prference asside it is pretty much perfect)

Took this back in June, came across it today and thought I would experiment with black and white. Taken with a Sony Nex-5t, the camera was likely in Automatic mode to be honest though the metadata says f/5.6, 1/50, iso 400

22259214166_2b8f79e654_k.jpgDSC03018edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

was likely in Automatic mode to be honest though the metadata says f/5.6, 1/50, iso 400

The camera is just recording whatever values it calculated to be optimal for the image, if you set it on auto.  But you can check what mode you used in the EXIF file, or at least you should be able to.  Depends on what the camera records.

The camera is just recording whatever values it calculated to be optimal for the image, if you set it on auto.  But you can check what mode you used in the EXIF file, or at least you should be able to.  Depends on what the camera records.

Na the EXIF doesn't show the mode. I think it was in Auto because it was almost all of the time I was there just for ease of use, the only time it wasn't was when I was photographing the sunset at the Brooklyn Bridge, this was taken just after that which is why I can't be sure.

Looks great, really beutiful lighting everything about it is great. 9/10 (Only drops 1 because I am not a fan of portraits, so with that personal prference asside it is pretty much perfect)

Took this back in June, came across it today and thought I would experiment with black and white. Taken with a Sony Nex-5t, the camera was likely in Automatic mode to be honest though the metadata says f/5.6, 1/50, iso 400

DSC03018edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

It's nice and sharp photo. I like the structures and symmetry. I wonder how it would have looked in portrait orientation or aimed a little lower. B&w works great but the colored flag is a little distracting.

We took some shots of night time at an amusement park on the weekend. Here's one.

DSC01183_merged.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

OT: I think I've been there, where's that?

Doubt it... Its a castle in Lithuania, Trakai

It's nice and sharp photo. I like the structures and symmetry. I wonder how it would have looked in portrait orientation or aimed a little lower. B&w works great but the colored flag is a little distracting.

We took some shots of night time at an amusement park on the weekend. Here's one.

I love photos like this. 7/10, there is just a bit to much white light coming from the ride.

21718053393_79a7c65f30_k.jpgDSC03195edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

@mopman94 lots to look at in the photo, except I feel the statue is an important part but you can't see that much detail compared to the building and sky. Must say it's an impressive photo though, 8.5/10

Here have my headphones, all of my pics are only taken with my nexus 6. I don't own a decent camera, but I am impressed with this little guy. Well pretty big phone compared to most.. You know what I mean. :P

MGrf2XV.jpg

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

@mopman94 lots to look at in the photo, except I feel the statue is an important part but you can't see that much detail compared to the building and sky. Must say it's an impressive photo though, 8.5/10

Here have my headphones, all of my pics are only taken with my nexus 6. I don't own a decent camera, but I am impressed with this little guy. Well pretty big phone compared to most.. You know what I mean. :P

snipped

6/10, I think it would've been better off if you had like polished the headphones a bit and removed the hair from the one earcup which annoys my OCD, but the main issue I think is that I'm not pulled in by the photo, and the subject is mildly interesting in my personal opinion.

Here's my shot, went walking a week or two ago with my cousin and decided to bring my camera along.

22178427400_962f328d2b_k.jpgWalking Into The Unknown by Alex Wilson Photography, on Flickr

I do realize the title is way off, but I just had no creativity or ideas on what I should call it, so I am open to suggestions for a much better and proper title if you have any.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

6/10, I think it would've been better off if you had like polished the headphones a bit and removed the hair from the one earcup which annoys my OCD, but the main issue I think is that I'm not pulled in by the photo, and the subject is mildly interesting in my personal opinion.

Here's my shot, went walking a week or two ago with my cousin and decided to bring my camera along.

-snip-

Walking Into The Unknown by Alex Wilson Photography, on Flickr

I do realize the title is way off, but I just had no creativity or ideas on what I should call it, so I am open to suggestions for a much better and proper title if you have any.

I did pull the little bits of cat and dog fur off of it afterwards, but all the photos I got came out pretty badly...

7.5/10, Love all the detail and the lighting, but I feel the photo is mostly focused on the trees, don't really know what I don't like about it but there is something, maybe the sky I don't know.

I guess to keep on the natural/outdoor pictures, I have this one I took while walking.

hOySfmo.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

5/10

Could've been better if you took the shot at the middle of the path and you put a random object or a person in there too. 

I did pull the little bits of cat and dog fur off of it afterwards, but all the photos I got came out pretty badly...

7.5/10, Love all the detail and the lighting, but I feel the photo is mostly focused on the trees, don't really know what I don't like about it but there is something, maybe the sky I don't know.

I guess to keep on the natural/outdoor pictures, I have this one I took while walking.

-snip-

22295684075_0a512dff1a_k.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/zYcd78 For more info. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

5/10

Could've been better if you took the shot at the middle of the path and you put a random object or a person in there too.

https://flic.kr/p/zYcd78 For more info. 

9/10, i really like the look of that pic. with the camera so close to the ground and such a wide angle lens, it really gives you a sense of scale. the only thing i feel i can criticize is that the lighting may have been a bit better if you took it earlier. 

Here is a pic i got at my local cars and coffee of a mclaren p1.

22441896525_bd6f9389b2_k.jpgp1 by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

9/10, i really like the look of that pic. with the camera so close to the ground and such a wide angle lens, it really gives you a sense of scale. the only thing i feel i can criticize is that the lighting may have been a bit better if you took it earlier. 

Here is a pic i got at my local cars and coffee of a mclaren p1.

22441896525_bd6f9389b2_k.jpgp1 by Tauss ., on Flickr

Wow! I love the car and the photo,colors look so nice! 10!

This is like the first photo i shoot when i got my first dslr camera. Nikon D7100 With kit lens 18-55mm.And used some effects on adobe lightroom.

OKKVBnOl.jpg

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

Wow! I love the car and the photo,colors look so nice! 10!

This is like the first photo i shoot when i got my first dslr camera. Nikon D7100 With kit lens 18-55mm.And used some effects on adobe lightroom.

-SNIP-

I did the same thing when I got my D3200.  I feel like the depth of field effect looks a little exaggerated, kinda artificial; the colors could use a bit more punch.  I still like the picture, 7.5/10

Here's some shots I just got of my new headset, I was very proud of them and put them in my review of the headset.

post-244486-0-09568300-1445897154_thumb.post-244486-0-38705100-1445897158_thumb.post-244486-0-49725000-1445897156_thumb.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

6/10 
The focus seems a bit off in the photos, and some better lighting would show some more details in the headset.

Another one from my trip to South Africa

Afrika_1074.jpg