Rate the Photo Above you

I do see that part, but look at the trajectory of it. It's very odd, I see a lot of planes in my backyard, yes, but have never seen one with this type of trajectory, only from left to right with a slight angle at the very most.

That is very obviously a plane...

I see nothing wrong with the trajectory. Have you ever seen a shooting star or meteorite with red and white lights that flash at exact intervals. It's a plane.

I see now, you're right I think, I was looking at an odd angle.

You may have seen an satelite or the ISS. You can see some satellites and the ISS with the naked eye. The relative velocity isn't too fast, so an camera might be able to pick it up. But the intensity of light does not match that of the photo.

As an avid stargazer and ameature astronomer, I can assure you what you pictured isn't an meteor. Meteors vaporize in the atmosphere which cause them to have white tails. They also have a fast relative velocity (11 to 70 KM/SEC) such that they'll cross an relative viewing area (naked eye) in less than 1/2 of a second .

I doubt your camera picked this up. People lituarely miss seeing a meteor if they blink, that's how fast they go by, so I agree with @mopman94 that this was a plane. The evidence favors that more than a meteor.  If you look, you'll also see not one but two streaks (tails) caused from the aircraft's lights.

That is very obviously a plane...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

The outside of this church (Monte Matre correct?), is far more beautiful than the inside.  Did you get any photos from the inside?

Dude i found the inside beautiful... My first cathedral tho so thats prob why. Also no photos allowed inside

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I took this picture of my friend a few weeks ago in Valparaíso, Chile with my Moto X 2013, I did some color work in photoshop:

wRmcd8D.jpg

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I took this picture of my friend a few weeks ago in Valparaíso, Chile with my Moto X 2013, I did some color work in photoshop:

snip

I like the idea and the way you did the color and edits, although the hair is a little grainy as far as the color goes. Also ya forgot to rate my image ^^^ Anyways, here's my new entry;

20119610256_f9b1d1f422_k.jpgThe Stars that We Can't See by 1823alex, on Flickr

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I like the idea and the way you did the color and edits, although the hair is a little grainy as far as the color goes. Also ya forgot to rate my image ^^^ Anyways, here's my new entry;

The Stars that We Can't See by 1823alex, on Flickr

I'd give that an 8/10. Are the trees supposed to be blurry?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

There was probably wind, and with a seemingly high exposure (or whatever the term was, I need to brush up a lot), the trees moving would cause them to be blurry.

EDIT: 'Scuse all the compression, but LTT REALLY likes to compress images...

But even here, applying a high pass filter to try and bring that blur down as much as possible makes the image look worse, IMO.

http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_679/gallery_37587_679_874410.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

As @tmcclelland455 said, yes I did do a 30 second exposure and sadly that night was a little bit windy, so the trees became blurry. But it was my best image to date as far as the amount of stars captured.

There was probably wind, and with a seemingly high exposure (or whatever the term was, I need to brush up a lot), the trees moving would cause them to be blurry.

EDIT: 'Scuse all the compression, but LTT REALLY likes to compress images...

But even here, applying a high pass filter to try and bring that blur down as much as possible makes the image look worse, IMO.

http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_679/gallery_37587_679_874410.jpg

Ya, I really only use Lightroom, I think that is a PS tool right? Anyways I'm still not very good with LR or PS at all as I'm on the trial and all that.

This thread seems fun, I'll join in. 

The Stars that We Can't See by 1823alex, on Flickr

I quite like it. I would like it more if the trees weren't blurry. Must have been a windy day. What time did you take that at? Those trees look kind of oddly bright for a 30 second exposure. anyways 8/10. Could've been 9 or even 10 without blurry trees :)

Uhh, I dont really feel like downscaling this photo to 800 pixels, so I'll put it in a spoiler thing. note: I blurred the shit out of this image to make it less grainy. I wasn't shooting in RAW, stupid me :)

Thumbnail:

4rbe1tch.jpg

Full res: (Click to view at full res)

4rbe1tc.jpg

Picture info

Dimensions: 6016x4000

Exposure: 1/500 sec at f / 5.6

Focal length: 55 mm

ISO Speed rating: ISO 1000

Flash: Did not fire

Make: NIKON CORPORATION

Model: NIKON D3200

Lens: 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

As @tmcclelland455 said, yes I did do a 30 second exposure and sadly that night was a little bit windy, so the trees became blurry. But it was my best image to date as far as the amount of stars captured.

Ya, I really only use Lightroom, I think that is a PS tool right? Anyways I'm still not very good with LR or PS at all as I'm on the trial and all that.

IDK. I just started with PhotoShop myself. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This thread seems fun, I'll join in. 

-snip-

It's a nice moment, but with a bit of an unfortunate angle, though. The lighter orange goes great with the plants, though. With some better light on the abdomen, I think it could've been great. I don't believe in number ratings, as they're not a good way to determine value, but nice.

This is my take on tonight's blue moon.

20190025465_a7b2b9918b_h.jpg_MG_0186 by Edward Smakov, on Flickr

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

It's a nice moment, but with a bit of an unfortunate angle, though. The lighter orange goes great with the plants, though. With some better light on the abdomen, I think it could've been great. I don't believe in number ratings, as they're not a good way to determine value, but nice.

-snip-

_MG_0186 by Edward Smakov, on Flickr

Did you happen to take that at dusk while the sun was still out? Or did you just set up a long exposure at nighttime? The light off the buildings makes it seem as if the sun was still out.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Did you happen to take that at dusk while the sun was still out? Or did you just set up a long exposure at nighttime? The light off the buildings makes it seem as if the sun was still out.

No, this was at around 10:30. The moon was full, and as the EXIF data shows, it was 30 secs at f/2.8 and 100 ISO. I was surprised myself. The light on the buildings is a mix of streetlights and their usual yellow color.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

snipped

_MG_0186 by Edward Smakov, on Flickr

7/10 Wish the moon was a little more in focus so that I could see a little bit of the craters and all, but the idea and the foreground is very nice and something I really like.

Since the full blue moon was last night, I decided to also take a picture. People call it the "blue" moon since it's rare but it isn't actually blue, so I decided why not make it look blue for fun, so I took the following picture and just put the tint at 2800. I do kinda wish I had some amount of like tree or something other than just the black sky with the moon, but here's the picture:

20017884499_6f6bfb4fc8_k.jpgThe Full Blue Moon by 1823alex, on Flickr

First of all, a bit of critique would be nice, not just a score. :)

7/10

Please don't kill me,I'm newbie and still use my phone.Shooted with Nexus 5

Anywhoo.

Pretty good picture considering it's a phone. That being said, I've got a few things I don't like.

1) the colours are all washed out. considering the subject matter, a race car, the colours are really important.

2) shutter speed is too high, thus your pic has no sense of movement.

Cars in motion are notoriously hard to shoot, let alone with a phone cam... Final verdict from me is a 5/10

Onwards, here's a bit of b&w urban exploration for y'all. Again, I'm an analogue freak, especially in b&w, so the the grain is very much visible.

5EdSfYY.jpg

First of all, a bit of critique would be nice, not just a score. :)

Anywhoo.

Pretty good picture considering it's a phone. That being said, I've got a few things I don't like.

1) the colours are all washed out. considering the subject matter, a race car, the colours are really important.

2) shutter speed is too high, thus your pic has no sense of movement.

Cars in motion are notoriously hard to shoot, let alone with a phone cam... Final verdict from me is a 5/10

Okay,next time I'll know.

And thanks for critique - it's always a good thing,even if it points a negative things.

1) Yes,I agree,colors are a bit washed out.But I'm just starting this thing.

2)Car was just standing there for it's time to show up on track for participants parade,so I didn't used shutter speed.

But yes,thanks for pointing things out :)

1) Yes,I agree,colors are a bit washed out.But I'm just starting this thing.

2)Car was just standing there for it's time to show up on track for participants parade,so I didn't used shutter speed.

Ok I'm a dumbass. I actually thought the car was moving when you took the pic!

It looks ever so slightly fisheyed but that's my only criticism.  I love the reflection on the water and I personally find the saturation right on point.

post-54663-0-05721700-1438480096_thumb.j

If you haven't noticed, I like long exposure low ISO photos.

8/10 it looks quite nice the subject matter is just boring IMHO

snipped

6/10 I like the water in the picture, but I'm not really sure what my attention is supposed to be drawn to. Should I be looking at the bridge, the house, the water etc. I just don't like how I have to "think" persay about what and where I should be looking. Anyways, here's another astrophotography shot I did, something I'm really into right now.

20179627346_7603cea328_k.jpgSome Real Star Trails by 1823alex, on Flickr

I really like long exposure shots. However - as Im sure you saw, those trees are a bit blurry, and throws the whole picture off (for me). I just got a decent tripod after not having one for ages. will need to try myself some time. The most breathtaking astrophotography/star trails shots I've seen have a better setting that some trees - just something else to think about. 5/10

20241419782_0813b436ae_b.jpgDSC_0066JP by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

I took this while riding the people mover in Phoenix Sky harbor earlier this year. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Uhh, I dont really feel like downscaling this photo to 800 pixels, so I'll put it in a spoiler thing. note: I blurred the shit out of this image to make it less grainy. I wasn't shooting in RAW, stupid me :)

Picture info

Dimensions: 6016x4000

Exposure: 1/500 sec at f / 5.6

Focal length: 55 mm

ISO Speed rating: ISO 1000

Flash: Did not fire

Make: NIKON CORPORATION

Model: NIKON D3200

Lens: 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

I guess you went for the texture in the butterfly's wing, otherwise front lighting would have worked for your advantage to better illuminate the subject. The thing is, the image is just a little too blurry, even at downscaled. I guess you could have tried a slower shutter speed and lower iso if noise was that much of a problem.

I love clouds :)

DSC08034_merged.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

I guess you went for the texture in the butterfly's wing, otherwise front lighting would have worked for your advantage to better illuminate the subject. The thing is, the image is just a little too blurry, even at downscaled. I guess you could have tried a slower shutter speed and lower iso if noise was that much of a problem.

I love clouds :)

Judging by the "_merged" in the name, I'm going to assume it's a panorama. And if that's the case, it's bloody good. My only whiny bit is that there's like a vignette, but in a way it makes it look better. Solid 9.888888888888888888 by me.

Here's one of my cat that I took in a bit of a rush (hence the portrait-ness).

20075258088_b4b9362492_o.jpgOjo_edit by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Camera: Galaxy SIII

Aperture: ƒ/2.6

ISO: 125

Exposure: 1/15

Camera mode: Macro

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler