Rate the Photo Above you

To be honest I don't like your composition, but it's good quality photo considering it's from Moto G, I also like the look of the clouds 6.5/10

Should I have cropped this just above the bend on the tree? It would look cleaner, but in my opinion this way it's a little bit more unique. What do you think?

B7ORI4o.jpg?1

5/10

Given that this is an evening shot, it will definitely be more difficult to get just right. I can see aliasing near the tree trunk. Probably from not being too still or steady when taking the shot. It may have been due to the shutter time as well. It is also fairly grainy for my taste. Given that you have a D3300, you aren't doing it justice with this shot  :P . Play around with the shutter speed and ISO and you'll find the right setting to make the shot look stellar. 

I wouldn't crop the photo by the way. Cropping it would make the subject way too tight in the frame. In terms of framing, I do believe you got the tree and moon in a good position.

PS: Sorry if I was a bit harsh.

Aside:

Now, I have a question about this shot in particular:

Reallly love the focus on the subject, the bokeh action is good overall not bad 8.5/10

oNj6h4r.jpg

Are you purposely over-saturating the image? The reason I ask is because to me it almost looks fake. That combined with the overall softness of the tones and depth of focus, the image looks more like a model set, or even CGI'd. Although I know it is real due to the people in the photo. 

Something about this photo just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Now onto my photo:

20150411_103352.jpg

For those of you who haven't realized yet, I love the outdoors. This was taken on this Saturday while my family was on a mini-retreat over the weekend at our cabin. It's in one of the local mountain ranges, its a popular ski attraction during the season. Luckily, (or unluckily depending on how you look at it) the city wasn't crowded as ski season closed early here in So-Cal due to drought conditions and lack of snowfall.

In particular this photo was taken while we were strolling on an easy 7.5 mile hike. It is a marsh that just borders a smaller lake in the forest. Getting to the trail was an interesting experience as we had to off-road for 5 miles though the mountain terrain (it was a dirt road). 

PPS: I'm pretty sure I overdid the exposure in this shot. What'd you all think?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Now onto my photo:

For those of you who haven't realized yet, I love the outdoors. This was taken on this Saturday while my family was on a mini-retreat over the weekend at our cabin. It's in one of the local mountain ranges, its a popular ski attraction during the season. Luckily, (or unluckily depending on how you look at it) the city wasn't crowded as ski season closed early here in So-Cal due to drought conditions and lack of snowfall.

In particular this photo was taken while we were strolling on an easy 7.5 mile hike. It is a marsh that just borders a smaller lake in the forest. Getting to the trail was an interesting experience as we had to off-road for 5 miles though the mountain terrain (it was a dirt road). 

id say 7/10, The sun rays are awesome, but the shot is not perfectly level and the exposure seems a little on the bright side and the reflections are a bit distracting. If you brought down the brightness, upped the contrast, and maybe used a circular polarizer to control the reflections of the water, i think this could have been a 10/10.

Here is a picture i took while hiking earlier this week. Not much else to say except that its a rock with moss on it :lol:

LyCIwOU.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

id say 7/10, The sun rays are awesome, but the shot is not perfectly level and the exposure seems a little on the bright side and the reflections are a bit distracting. If you brought down the brightness, upped the contrast, and maybe used a circular polarizer to control the reflections of the water, i think this could have been a 10/10.

Here is a picture i took while hiking earlier this week. Not much else to say except that its a rock with moss on it :lol:

Dude I swear I love every one of your pictures so much.  Seriously. Almost all of them are 10/10s. What's ur trick?  We have the same camera and similar ish  lenses! 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Dude I swear I love every one of your pictures so much.  Seriously. Almost all of them are 10/10s. What's ur trick?  We have the same camera and similar ish  lenses! 

take a ton of pictures and try using the rule of thirds if you can lol. I sometimes take the same picture a few time using different setting to see what works best.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

LyCIwOU.jpg

That is impressive. That shot in my opinion is 10/10. I can't find anything wrong with the shot. Like what you did with the depth of field.

Here is basically the same shot as the one you rated above, but more "tame". The only difference is that this shot was portrait instead of landscape as I wanted to grab the tips of the trees on the right:

20150411_103347.jpg

This shot lacks the sun rays and the reflections are a bit toned down. But it still might be a tad overexposed.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Now, I have a question about this shot in particular:

Are you purposely over-saturating the image? The reason I ask is because to me it almost looks fake. That combined with the overall softness of the tones and depth of focus, the image looks more like a model set, or even CGI'd. Although I know it is real due to the people in the photo. 

Something about this photo just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Eh, I just took the shot of the bus when it came, I didn't really check the setting of the camera, just snapped it and it looked good, but the depth of focus is due to the Diorama effect.

Edit: And the sun was setting behind me, if that has anything to do it, the rays were pretty strong on that particular day

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

That is impressive. That shot in my opinion is 10/10. I can't find anything wrong with the shot. Like what you did with the depth of field.

Here is basically the same shot as the one you rated above, but more "tame". The only difference is that this shot was portrait instead of landscape as I wanted to grab the tips of the trees on the right:

This shot lacks the sun rays and the reflections are a bit toned down. But it still might be a tad overexposed.

8/10 as you pointed out yourself, it's a little overexposed, and the contrast seems a little too high for the lighting, but I prefer this one to the landscape one earlier. The detail is rather nice, espeically of the nearby reeds and what is underwater.

Here's another of the photos taken on the Z3. I've got quite a few more of these to come. The main issue I can tell is the focal point wasn't where I wanted it, but it still seemed to come out okay.

yxDnrno.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

7/10 the bottom one feels over exposed to me but i guess that cant be helped as it was a very bright dfay by the look of it.

I decided to see if maybe I could shed some light on to why it was sort of overexposed...

ISO 80

Focal length 3.54mm

Aperture 2.0

Exposure Time 1/14286

/skip

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Here's another of the photos taken on the Z3. 

7/10 I like the colors and framing but it would be nice if the tip of the cone would be sharp. 

post-160594-0-40524600-1428955072.jpg

*8/10 nice texture, lighting and composition. I guess it's a macro shot of a bolt thread..?

I got some nice pics last weekend at a whitewater kayaking event :)

DSC03055.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

I got some nice pics last weekend at a whitewater kayaking event :)

DSC03055.jpg

I would love to rate the photo above me but nothing comes up.  I could just be my computer here at work so I will edit this post when I get home and it shows up on my own PC. 

As for my upload pic:

Picture was edited using LR4; however, I wish that I caught the whole wingspan of the bird.  280mm, ISO 800, f/11, 1/2000 sec (Took a lot of pictures to get a shot of this hawk flying overhead in Japan only to get 1 decent shot.  Just realized I saturated the pic just a tad bit on the blue side.

post-152427-0-84480600-1429207969_thumb.

I have a potato!

I would love to rate the photo above me but nothing comes up.  I could just be my computer here at work so I will edit this post when I get home and it shows up on my own PC. 

As for my upload pic:

Picture was edited using LR4; however, I wish that I caught the whole wingspan of the bird.  280mm, ISO 800, f/11, 1/2000 sec (Took a lot of pictures to get a shot of this hawk flying overhead in Japan only to get 1 decent shot.  Just realized I saturated the pic just a tad bit on the blue side.

9/10, Awesome shot!!! would be 10/10 if it was all in the frame. Btw, what lens did you use to take that?

heres a pic i took earlier today on a hike. Cropped it a wider because i fell it suits the picture better.

6d029kZ.jpg

I would love to rate the photo above me but nothing comes up.

There is no photo and no rating

There is no photo and no rating

Sorry I did it again... Well I added a rating.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

@bob345  I don't have photo at the moment, but just wanted to say I really like the shot.  I like the aspect ratio, the layers of color and placement of the tree and shadow.  Nicely done!!

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

@bob345 8/10 nice landscape photo, great tones

SYDNEY OPERA SKYLINE by SLYMURA, on Flickr

7/10 Nice, I like the sky. However, everything else being underexposed makes the image a little too dark in my opinion.

DSC02648_2.jpg

@Tam3n: Unfortunately, I can't see your picture so cannot give a rating!  :P

DSC02867_zpsbxgvncgu.jpg

Camera: Sony CyberShot HX20-V

ISO: 100

F-Stop: f3/5

Focal Length: 7mm

Exposure Time: 1/640 Seconds

Camera: Sony CyberShot HX20-V

ISO: 100

F-Stop: f3/5

Focal Length: 7mm

Exposure Time: 1/640 Seconds

Sam, not sure about your photo, it's a headlight. Not bad though. 5/10

This is a quick shot of what I was sent today by a nice guy from a Facebook group.

Shot with a Canon T5i with off camera flash.

280qcg7.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

Sam, not sure about your photo, it's a headlight. Not bad though. 5/10

This is a quick shot of what I was sent today by a nice guy from a Facebook group.

Shot with a Canon T5i with off camera flash.

-snip-

Nice job with the lightning and focus, I quite like the effect. 8/10

Why I bumped you down two points: the background fabric is quite noticeable, and it has 2 creases in the material. DId you use fabric for the black background? If not, then I think those creases may have been scratch marks (if a hard surface)?

My photo was taken looking down from Bishop Pass at the small lakes embedded in granite:

11157476_839838626063817_903704373261451

Nice job with the lightning and focus, I quite like the effect. 8/10

Why I bumped you down two points: the background fabric is quite noticeable, and it has 2 creases in the material. DId you use fabric for the black background? If not, then I think those creases may have been scratch marks (if a hard surface)?

The background is just an old piece of black card that i really need to replace. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

@ionbasa

Looks like it was taken straight out of Arma 3.

But looking at it, I feel a bit of motion sickness, like I am falling in the middle. Did you zoom in while shooting?

post-144833-0-39700200-1430376617.jpg

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

@ionbasa

But looking at it, I feel a bit of motion sickness, like I am falling in the middle. Did you zoom in while shooting?

No zoom was used! Haven't played Arma 3 yet so I wouldn't know (I probably should pick it us this summer). Also, don't forget to rate my photo!

PS: The shot was taken just shy of 12,000 ft elevation, looking down into the valley. Maybe that's why you are getting motion sickness:

11138689_839838276063852_423489713174424

No zoom was used! Haven't played Arma 3 yet so I wouldn't know (I probably should pick it us this summer). Also, don't forget to rate my photo!

PS: The shot was taken just shy of 12,000 ft elevation, looking down into the valley. Maybe that's why you are getting motion sickness:

11138689_839838276063852_423489713174424

Sorry forgot to: 6.5/10 could have had more if you had change the white balance on the warmer side ( personal taste).

Regarding arma 3. Do it's a great game and it looks beautiful!

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

@ionbasa

8/10 wish the hand was in focus or not in the picture.

Here's a picture of my doggy. Taken day one of having my DSLR

gallery_89692_2900_112880.png

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B