Rate the Photo Above you

This is my first try to stitch a multi shot panorama, it was raining yesterday so I had to choose an indoor subject.

Nice set up! I like the lighting.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Nice Bokeh and great angle for the limited space. 8/10

This is my first try to stitch a multi shot panorama, it was raining yesterday so I had to choose an indoor subject.

-snip-

5/10. No real subject or main focus focus. You could have made the shot way more impressive by cleaning off your desk and wall areas (by getting rid of the miscellaneous stuff, like your writing utensil holder and some photos on the wall) along with possibly dimming the room lighting more and increasing the exposure. That would really make your blue back lights pop.

As for the stitching of the panorama shot, you probably could have framed the entire shot and cropped in post. 

As for the technicality of the crop, its quite well done in my opinion considering its stitched. Did you manually stitch the photos in post? Or does your camera have a panorama feature?

Now on with my photo. Taken on a Panasonic mirrorless micro 4/3. I don't have a macro lens, so this is the best I can get with my current lens:

JBEDy9c.jpgI'm not sure if its the lack of a micro lens or my camera due to the proverbial "Panasonic look" which is causing the excess grain in the image. 

How do you guys do your macro shots without an actual macro lens? I know its less than ideal. I'm thinking that I should lower the ISO? It was taken at 400 ISO, lowering the ISO to 200 may have made the image too dark as I didn't use flash in this case. Raising the ISO to 800 may have made it even more grainy. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

5/10. No real subject or main focus focus. You could have made the shot way more impressive by cleaning off your desk and wall areas (by getting rid of the miscellaneous stuff, like your writing utensil holder and some photos on the wall) along with possibly dimming the room lighting more and increasing the exposure. That would really make your blue back lights pop.

As for the stitching of the panorama shot, you probably could have framed the entire shot and cropped in post. 

As for the technicality of the crop, its quite well done in my opinion considering its stitched. Did you manually stitch the photos in post? Or does your camera have a panorama feature?

Now on with my photo. Taken on a Panasonic mirrorless micro 4/3. I don't have a macro lens, so this is the best I can get with my current lens:

I'm not sure if its the lack of a micro lens or my camera due to the proverbial "Panasonic look" which is causing the excess grain in the image. 

How do you guys do your macro shots without an actual macro lens? I know its less than ideal. I'm thinking that I should lower the ISO? It was taken at 400 ISO, lowering the ISO to 200 may have made the image too dark as I didn't use flash in this case. Raising the ISO to 800 may have made it even more grainy. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

8/10.  Like that you do what I do without a macro.  It could just be my screen but the darks seem a little to dark.  As in, with a macro shot, IMHO you should be able to see intricate details.  I can make out the ants but wish I could see a little bit more unless that is what you are trying to portray like with my pic I have attached with this post. I use a prime 35mm lens and set the aperture as low as possible but raising the ISO to over 1000 and it barely grainy.  I have a DSLR Nikon D7100 and I tend to use my 24-70mm f/2.8 for macro shots. 

Here is my pic and I have a butt ton more but this is the only one I can access at this time because I am at work and I had to download the picture off my facebook page.  It's a picture of my dog and I use Lightroom to edit the pic. 

post-152427-0-76480400-1427914945_thumb.

I have a potato!

I really like it. That contrasty lack & white gives the photo an awesome look. 

But here are my 2 best photos I own: 

I shot them with a Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 and the 18-55mm STM lenses. I edited the pictires in Adobe Camera Raw.

post-149988-0-30478700-1427916133.jpg

post-149988-0-59000000-1427916139.jpg

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

But here are my 2 best photos I own: 

I shot them with a Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 and the 18-55mm STM lenses. I edited the pictires in Adobe Camera Raw.

I will have to give the top photo 5/10 and the bottom 7/10 because she is cute. Sorry for the low scores dude but I have to be honest.

This is another panorama. Takes a little more seriously this time and not just of my desk.

245aa6b.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

8/10.  Like that you do what I do without a macro.  It could just be my screen but the darks seem a little to dark.  As in, with a macro shot, IMHO you should be able to see intricate details.  I can make out the ants but wish I could see a little bit more unless that is what you are trying to portray like with my pic I have attached with this post. I use a prime 35mm lens and set the aperture as low as possible but raising the ISO to over 1000 and it barely grainy.  I have a DSLR Nikon D7100 and I tend to use my 24-70mm f/2.8 for macro shots. 

Here is my pic and I have a butt ton more but this is the only one I can access at this time because I am at work and I had to download the picture off my facebook page.  It's a picture of my dog and I use Lightroom to edit the pic. 

Thanks for the advice. I'm experimenting now with reducing my shutter speed. On my mirrorless micro 4/3, it seems that having the shutter speed at 1/125 with an ISO of 800 gives the best results. The next step I can go down to 1/250 and an ISO of 1600, while there is minimal grain, the image is a bit dark without flash. I can use the flash if the subject is far enough away from the camera, otherwise, everything is oversaturated.

Just in case you are wondering the lens the photo was taken with is a 25mm wide lens.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I will have to give the top photo 5/10 and the bottom 7/10 because she is cute. Sorry for the low scores dude but I have to be honest.

This is another panorama. Takes a little more seriously this time and not just of my desk.

245aa6b.jpg

9/10 I love the framing. The lighting is also really good. Where was this taken?

I have three photos, i hope you whoever rates them will do all of them. :)

https://flic.kr/p/rC3iDs

https://flic.kr/p/rC3iUN

9/10 I love the framing. The lighting is also really good. Where was this taken?

It was taken In Kenmare, Ireland. Nine shots stitched into one to give the panorama.

It was taken In Kenmare, Ireland. Nine shots stitched into one to give the panorama.

Wow. It's very good. 

I have three photos, i hope you whoever rates them will do all of them. :)

https://flic.kr/p/rC3iDs

I like the photo and the lightning, but in my taste there could be more bokeh on the backround.

The second picture looked pretty good when I looked for 2 seconds but then I realized that the lighting could be done better on the bottle.  :)

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

There is nothing above me to rate :(

Let me know guys, another pano stitch.

317f6go.jpg

I really like the comosition and the details of the photo, what I don't really like is the weather.  Its probably is just me but I don't really like a cloudy wather in photos (In my taste) But the photo is pretty good.

Here are some other pictures: (I shot them in France)

post-149988-0-01167500-1428005483.jpg

post-149988-0-42315000-1428005495.jpg

post-149988-0-32279700-1428005506.jpg

I really like the comosition and the details of the photo, what I don't really like is the weather.  Its probably is just me but I don't really like a cloudy wather in photos (In my taste) But the photo is pretty good.

Don't forget to post your own photo for the next guy to rate. Otherwise the flow of this gets messed up and some people's contributions get missed.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

I live in Ireland and a blue sky is very rare.

Here is another version that I like.

2u70xhj.jpg

Don't forget to post your own photo for the next guy to rate. Otherwise the flow of this gets messed up and some people's contributions get missed.

Fixed!  :)

2u70xhj.jpg

That version looks really good, again I really like the details of it. The sky makes it pretty interesting in my opinion.  :)

Heres another photo, I know, Its pretty dark but thats what I just wanted in this picture.

post-149988-0-02888800-1428009643.jpg

Heres another photo, I know, Its pretty dark but thats what I just wanted in this picture.

6/10, I just find it hard to see what is going on in the photo. The colors are cool, but im just not sure what i am supposed to be looking at.

Here is a picture of a old canon film camera i took just a few minuets ago.

kLSSXF7.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6/10, I just find it hard to see what is going on in the photo. The colors are cool, but im just not sure what i am supposed to be looking at.

Here is a picture of a old canon film camera i took just a few minuets ago.

9/10, Very sharp image and clear subject and love that old SLR

Here is one I took walking somewhere in my town

Camera: Olympus Pen Lite 3

0ujixyz.jpg

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

2u70xhj.jpg

What camera are you using? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

What camera are you using? 

Canon 700D or as many know it T5i.

Think if someone doesnt rate a photo they automaticly should be skipped on getting rated

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

9/10, Very sharp image and clear subject and love that old SLR

Here is one I took walking somewhere in my town

Camera: Olympus Pen Lite 3

0ujixyz.jpg

6/10 Liking the bokeh, feel it would of been improved with some rule of 3rds applied.

One of my 1st shots many moons (years) ago.

lq8hkfN.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

6/10 Liking the bokeh, feel it would of been improved with some rule of 3rds applied.

One of my 1st shots many moons (years) ago.

lq8hkfN.jpg

8/10 The reflections of the car is looking really awesome. The backround looks nice, but in my opinion the photo could be more contrasty.

(It looks a bit flat on my monitor)

But heres another photo that i've shot last year on summer:

post-149988-0-68243900-1428058351.jpg

post-149988-0-68243900-1428058351.jpg

snip

Thanks, I had...no idea what I was doing at the time really. I had my camera for...probably at most 5 months at that point and had 0 education on how to use a DSLR im quite proud of it. 

System Specs

8/10 The reflections of the car is looking really awesome. The backround looks nice, but in my opinion the photo could be more contrasty.

(It looks a bit flat on my monitor)

But heres another photo that i've shot last year on summer:

7/10 Cool lightning shot.

Here's my first full night sky panorama stitching test:

full_night_sky_panorama_by_tam3n-d8o80lk

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/