Rate the Photo Above you

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I haven't really studied Ansel Adams, but I'm pretty sure he didn't do the kind of weird photography with DOF like I want to do. Digital cameras also didn't exist, so he at least had control over film ISO, shutter speed, and lenses.

Going through my folders with old pictures from that camera, it does a really fantastic job of obliterating any sense of depth for landscapes and having no control over exposure means something is basically always blown out or under exposed. It did do fantastically well at action shots though.

You didn't critique my picture, but I bet if you get the proper cloud coverage you'd get more visual interest in the sky. But as it stands the boats seem to be in focus, the cranes in the background and the coast along the horizon add some visual interest, and color is generally good. The older sail boats are cool. Nice framing.

Here's my own silhouette shot with my buddy's D810, which I guarantee I couldn't do with my old point and shoot.

1490371605_ChrisSilhouette2cropped.thumb.png.8ecad011db60ba22a78bffce19d00a7a.png

love that shot, it tells a story

Love not hate

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

My bad, I sort of did with my Ansel Adams quote, yes the PnS leaves a bit to be desired as far as sharpness, but for a PnS it's fine. I'm in the middle of house renovations so I'm a bit scatterbrained, but did you ever mention which camera model it is?

Panasonic DMC-FH27

I lent it to my brother for one of his trips to Cali and "It just happened to stop working while he was in possession of it." He didn't break it. For that particular shot it was okay, and some macro stuff it did have really nice sharpness, it just kind of sucked at landscape. More of a "portrait" camera I guess.

So currently it's my phone if anything, or if I'm lucky I'll go with my buddy who has 2 Nikon D810s (One was for his wife) and an A7sii.

2 hours ago, jeremymwilson said:

love that shot, it tells a story

We went out to film a music video in a canyon ~1hr away until sunset. On the way back we thought it would be a cool sunset to do a silhouette against. More specifically his wife wanted the shot, but I had the other D810 so I snapped a few too. Of course, mine is better. Think he ended up scrapping the video.

2 hours ago, jeremymwilson said:

another shot, seconds after the previous (and same settings), I like it but wish the other boat wasn't there

You could probably crop it to be more square or vertical. Most of the sky is still present.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Panasonic DMC-FH27

I lent it to my brother for one of his trips to Cali and "It just happened to stop working while he was in possession of it." He didn't break it. For that particular shot it was okay, and some macro stuff it did have really nice sharpness, it just kind of sucked at landscape. More of a "portrait" camera I guess.

So currently it's my phone if anything, or if I'm lucky I'll go with my buddy who has 2 Nikon D810s (One was for his wife) and an A7sii.

here is a picture from my old Samsung ST68 point and shoot since we are looking at are old photos

SAM_0016.thumb.JPG.ad120e9ee5bab013cd4bc302a0d42afc.JPG

ISO 80 shutter 1/125 focal length 18mm aperture 5.2

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

8 hours ago, sub68 said:

here is a picture from my old Samsung ST68 point and shoot since we are looking at are old photos

Kind of just seems like a random snapshot. Nothing particularly exciting and the face is in shadow.

I guess to continue the theme of old photos (all of mine are) here's a random picture of a puppy I took. Cute dog, nice, dumber than a sack of wet hammers. The dock seems to be in focus, but he's blurry. Maybe he was moving, it was just an image of opportunity, not a setup.

7614479_P1010923-Copy.thumb.JPG.3c31719d977cda2dcb949bea5baba0ff.JPG

#Muricaparrotgang

15 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Panasonic DMC-FH27

We went out to film a music video in a canyon ~1hr away until sunset. On the way back we thought it would be a cool sunset to do a silhouette against. More specifically his wife wanted the shot, but I had the other D810 so I snapped a few too. Of course, mine is better. Think he ended up scrapping the video.

You could probably crop it to be more square or vertical. Most of the sky is still present.

do you know the settings you used for the shot? Haven't used a modern camera, my D90 is 12 years old and I think it would struggle with that shot. Planning to sell it and get a Sony A7 mark 3.

Re cropping the boat out, the D90 is only 12MP, I try to avoid cropping as it can easily affect the quality of the photo.

Love not hate

My first test photo on my new phone (Sony Xperia 1 II) using Photo Pro. F/2.4, 1/500 SS, ISO64 & 70mm lens...

20200823_122917~2.JPG

Edited by 3 Lions
Added ISO

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

22 hours ago, jeremymwilson said:

another shot, seconds after the previous (and same settings), I like it but wish the other boat wasn't there

_DSC0141.jpg

boatlessboat.thumb.jpg.866f9d5a51610bab6d94fde703e38064.jpg

Wish granted!

Don't mind me, just wanted to see if it could be done relatively cleanly.

3 hours ago, 3 Lions said:

My first test photo on my new phone (Sony Xperia 1 II) using Photo Pro. F/2.4, 1/500 SS, ISO64 & 70mm lens...

20200823_122917~2.JPG

ISO64 doesn’t sound right...

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

28 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

ISO64 doesn’t sound right...

That's what it said it was.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 hours ago, jeremymwilson said:

do you know the settings you used for the shot? Haven't used a modern camera, my D90 is 12 years old and I think it would struggle with that shot. Planning to sell it and get a Sony A7 mark 3.

Re cropping the boat out, the D90 is only 12MP, I try to avoid cropping as it can easily affect the quality of the photo.

Nikon D810 1/25, f/2.8, 24mm, ISO 800.

The D810 has a pretty crazy dynamic range. If I boost it all the way up, it's obviously noisy, but you can distinctly see the color of the foreground, grass, the guitar, the plaid shirt he was wearing, etc. Or drop it down to near black. Makes getting the exact right exposure settings a bit less important.

You can still get really good images out of 12mp if you have a decent lenses and a relatively noise free sensor. Cropping the boat out and making it more square or vertical doesn't necessarily zoom it in.

#Muricaparrotgang

Since we seem to have drifted a little offtopic - here's a cow I took! (And yes, it is watermarked, I'm fed up of people stealing my stuff)

IMG_0568wm

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

5 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

boatlessboat.thumb.jpg.866f9d5a51610bab6d94fde703e38064.jpg

Wish granted!

Don't mind me, just wanted to see if it could be done relatively cleanly.

Awesome job, I salute you!

Love not hate

9 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Since we seem to have drifted a little offtopic - here's a cow I took! (And yes, it is watermarked, I'm fed up of people stealing my stuff)

IMG_0568wm

"I hate cows worse than coppers!"

Iunno. It's a cow. Don't know how you'd make it more exciting. What really catches my eye is your absolutely awful watermark. What's it even supposed to be? I mean, just from a graphic design standpoint.

This is the only picture I have of a cow, on the left. Luckily doggo's tail is covering the canyon. Could've asked her to put her shirt down, but it would've killed the "in the moment"ness. What really gets me is the horizon is very skewed, but yet the three are mostly vertical. Not sure how that works.

As an aside, how are you guys uploading images? Anything bigger than 1080 for me doesn't want to upload, so I have to downsize them.

P1000592.thumb.jpg.06e68ed3c5debe3461186bb97e963eae.jpg

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

What really catches my eye is your absolutely awful watermark. What's it even supposed to be? I mean, just from a graphic design standpoint.

It partially is meant to look awful, to stop people copying the photo!

What it actually is, is an adaptation of my profile image, which you can see to the left. I didn't design that, it was done by a friend who had some reason to offer his design to me. Most people seem to like the design, me included, and though I'm sure I could do better if i put in the hours and/or the money, all I can say for now is it's far preferable to a bloody Party Parrot!

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

8 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

It partially is meant to look awful, to stop people copying the photo!

What it actually is, is an adaptation of my profile image, which you can see to the left. I didn't design that, it was done by a friend who had some reason to offer his design to me. Most people seem to like the design, me included, and though I'm sure I could do better if i put in the hours and/or the money, all I can say for now is it's far preferable to a bloody Party Parrot!

I get that it's your profile picture, but I can't figure out what that actually is. You can also have watermarks that aren't distracting. I made a simple, if not the most creative, logo for my buddy "Featherstone Photography" for free. He seems to like it.

441931753_FeatherstoneLogo300.png.502c71a75fad0c2b917ec0926d5857f5.png

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

missed the point of the thread completely

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

missed the point of the thread completely

I think you're right, i didn't know this thread was here and somehow stumbled onto some people sharing their photos and thought i'd post one too, wasn't really looking to rate or be rated, a mod can delete it, sorry about that 😊

On 8/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, Serberian said:

I see your canyon, and it's good. I really like how the horizon seems tilted. Here's a £200.000 1957 190SL Mercedes Benz to get there.

Shot on Nikon d5100 with the kit 18-55 lens.

Mercedes-Benz-190-SL-(1957)-DSC_0784.jpg

Well I didn't want to overrun the thread, but it doesn't seem that active anyways.

Love the Merc. My favorite car is the 300SL, the lines on these are incredible. The angle is good and the background is vibrant without being distracting. Probably could've lost the Volvo or whatever in the back. Really good photo.

Here's another picture from the mountain, again I never stage any shots, just find angles or moments I like. Being forced to drop the resolution to put on the forum kind of kills it, but the original image isn't all that crisp either. Kind of another one of those "I like the composition, but the camera could've been better" shots.

P1000584.JPG.653fbba894a9c812c9441bec7f17041f.JPG

#Muricaparrotgang

9 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well I didn't want to overrun the thread, but it doesn't seem that active anyways.

Love the Merc. My favorite car is the 300SL, the lines on these are incredible. The angle is good and the background is vibrant without being distracting. Probably could've lost the Volvo or whatever in the back. Really good photo.

Here's another picture from the mountain, again I never stage any shots, just find angles or moments I like. Being forced to drop the resolution to put on the forum kind of kills it, but the original image isn't all that crisp either. Kind of another one of those "I like the composition, but the camera could've been better" shots.

P1000584.JPG.653fbba894a9c812c9441bec7f17041f.JPG

What res even is that? 

6 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

What res even is that? 

800x1080. Anything above 1080 and the forum doesn't seem to upload it.

#Muricaparrotgang

50 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I'm sure I've uploaded bigger

53 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

See how this works

DSCF0375.JPG

Yeah quality isn't the best but it uploads the full 16MP