Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blade of Grass

Rate the Photo Above you

On 08/07/2018 at 9:18 PM, Pangea2017 said:

Lighte the dark part a bit more and try to get more details (sky) from the raw files.

IMG_20180227_170038.thumb.jpg.2a028b2534217eedc180618bba354161.jpg

6/10, entirly subjective though, exposure is fine, although I can tell even from this version you pushed it to the heavens to get that detail. it draws you in, but there's nothing to be drawn into in the end. Kind of annoying;P 

walking the xt2+23mm f-2 (7 of 7)

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

39 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

@cc143 was a non edited snapshot after leaving the lab on a blackberry q10.

Not to be rude, but why post it here then if it was just a mediocre snapshot? I mean don’t you want feedback on some work you actually gave some thought into and tried to make the best of. I may take 50

images and maybe just two out of those reach a point or are good enough that I post them somwhere or print them. 

At least in my mind this thread is to post some images you take that you have thought about and want some constructive feedback on how to improve the image, or at least discuss why it turned out how it did or what te thought process where if you planned to go for a certain look. I may be wrong but it seems like you went all defensive when you got some feedback on the shot. Just my thoughts. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

6 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

@cc143 was a non edited snapshot after leaving the lab on a blackberry q10.

I got the impression from what you wrote that you boosted the shadows, my mistake. The criticism still stands though, it wan't an image quality thing but more of a compositional criticism. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

This was taken with my old Nikon D2X. You cannot tell, but there was an entire city in the background...

Shot with the B/W mode IIRC. 

5b52830c59d86_BWfog.jpg.a1afda43d646fea681a92c7d4206353f.jpg

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

On 7/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Radium_Angel said:

This was taken with my old Nikon D2X. You cannot tell, but there was an entire city in the background...

Shot with the B/W mode IIRC. 

5b52830c59d86_BWfog.jpg.a1afda43d646fea681a92c7d4206353f.jpg

8/10 Looks good, really captures the atmosphere pretty well. Here's a shot I took on a trip in NYC recently trying out my new 35mm f2

DSCF8470.jpg

Case: Fractal Designs Arc Midi R2  cpu: Intel core i5 4670k at 4.6ghz Motherboard: msi z87-gd65 gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Seasonic x650 gold Memory: 16gb Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz ssd: Samsung 840 120gb Hard drive: Western digital wd black 500gb  Build-log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37554-starting-my-first-full-blown-build/                                                                                                 "on the Internet. You can find almost anything on the Internet..." -Linus                                                                                                                                                                              i haz pc

4 hours ago, bob345 said:

Here's a shot I took on a trip in NYC recently trying out my new 35mm f2

I'd have pulled back a bit more, show the whole van in its decrepit glory, and the rotted streets surrounding it. 

12 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

my buddy exploring wreck while i document

There are some real challenges in photography:

Product,

concert

and

underwater

converting this to monochrome really brings out the sense of an alien environment. Superb.

On 8/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, Radium_Angel said:

There are some real challenges in photography:

Product,

concert

and

underwater

converting this to monochrome really brings out the sense of an alien environment. Superb.

filming photographing any event is not easy. people move randomly. not like filming something with proper script and actors who can be told wht to do. i can post original color version later but i convert to black white because the area was not very colorful and water was not crystal clear. trying to get lens to focus on what you want is not easy lifting the camera to your face and trying to look at the back LCD screen while trying to keep still in the water.

1 hour ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

filming photographing any event is not easy. people move randomly. not like filming something with proper script and actors who can be told wht to do. i can post original color version later but i convert to black white because the area was not very colorful and water was not crystal clear. trying to get lens to focus on what you want is not easy lifting the camera to your face and trying to look at the back LCD screen while trying to keep still in the water.

I know, I was a concert photographer for several years. Specifically metal and hardcore. Talk about motion (and mosh pits, and stage dives and riots)

The monochrome image you posted is spot on, I think the original colour would lose some of the impact of the image. You did a bang-up job, extremely well done. More please.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, LaFemmeEnVert said:

-snip-

I also like how it's in black and white. It makes the fish almost ghost-like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine, I flicked some water on the flowers as I was watering them.

I have also posted this on imgur, just in case anyone comes across it there and thinks I stole it.

Flowers - Macro.jpg

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

2 hours ago, purple_rider said:

I also like how it's in black and white. It makes the fish almost ghost-like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine, I flicked some water on the flowers as I was watering them.

I have also posted this on imgur, just in case anyone comes across it there and thinks I stole it.

Flowers - Macro.jpg

I love the idea of using water droplets in photography. It is a super simple and easy way to take a good photo and make it great. But, I think your photo is too busy. It doesn't draw my eye to the focal point and there a too much going on in the blurred out the foreground. Try to give me a subject to look at in the photo.

Here was my 4th of July picture using water droplets and backlighting to put the flag inside the drops. This was all done in camera.

IMG_20180708_103716_852.thumb.jpg.53200315bf6c486b099d64a11adb4f5f.jpg

3 hours ago, mama_fluxus said:

-snippage-

I really like how you got the flag in the droplets in camera. That picture also screams AMERICA! (In a good way)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This picture has much better subject separation, other than maybe that stick behind the dragon fly.

IMG_0282.JPG

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

good macro images

On 8/3/2018 at 2:23 AM, Radium_Angel said:

I know, I was a concert photographer for several years. Specifically metal and hardcore. Talk about motion (and mosh pits, and stage dives and riots)

The monochrome image you posted is spot on, I think the original colour would lose some of the impact of the image. You did a bang-up job, extremely well done. More please.

another underwater photo, 2 lovely recreation divers we encountered underwater

DSC__1450.jpg.9eb49b944bb38651d9b2bc185e1f6aa3.jpg

36 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

good macro images

another underwater photo, 2 lovely recreation divers we encountered underwater

DSC__1450.jpg.9eb49b944bb38651d9b2bc185e1f6aa3.jpg

Ok, admit it, just off camera were two giant sharks with dinner forks at the ready....

I'll do a lot of things, but open areas like that give me chills...

On 8/16/2018 at 1:12 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, admit it, just off camera were two giant sharks with dinner forks at the ready....

I'll do a lot of things, but open areas like that give me chills...

this was waiting for them

image.png.1802fe1fc2952d091d6d74604c2ee7ad.png 

i joke xD

the dive was close to coast, the girls are about 10m deep with bottom about 5m under. the coastal cliffs are about 100m behind me.  this was dive in mediterranean sea near italy.

4 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

this was waiting for them

image.png.1802fe1fc2952d091d6d74604c2ee7ad.png 

i joke xD

the dive was close to coast, the girls are about 10m deep with bottom about 5m under. the coastal cliffs are about 100m behind me.  this was dive in mediterranean sea near italy.

Ah, awesome photoshop job :)

Totally in love with all things Italian, drove their wonderful cars for many years (and paid the repair bills for an equally long time), learned how to cook their dishes, etc etc etc.

Amazing place...simply amazing.

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ah, awesome photoshop job :)

Totally in love with all things Italian, drove their wonderful cars for many years (and paid the repair bills for an equally long time), learned how to cook their dishes, etc etc etc.

Amazing place...simply amazing.

not photo of mine, is photo i found on internet

30 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

not photo of mine, is photo i found on internet

I understand, I was just commenting on the part where your pic was taken.

This is less of a pic and more of a snapshot, but it's difficult to get a pic of Argo standing still....

Argo in the Sun.jpg

I really like ^^^ the photo. Great contrast, good lighting and detail. My only critique is the front claw being out of frame and the eye is out of focus. Great job!

DSC_0960.jpg

40 minutes ago, GamersCouch said:

I really like ^^^ the photo. Great contrast, good lighting and detail. My only critique is the front claw being out of frame and the eye is out of focus. Great job!

The photo is quite vivid and I really enjoy the colors. In some ways seems a little overwhelming but that may just be me. 

7.5/10

Taken on a Sony a6300 with kit 18-55 lens

21950071_701462020052954_462672685528430

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Love the colours of the grass and the contrast with the road, clouds looks nice too. Maybe Monochrome would have given a nice effect too.

DSC_096733.thumb.jpg.d7f96dc9ae494363b3cab25f96676d3c.jpgLittle off topic but still photography.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

On 8/18/2018 at 2:18 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I understand, I was just commenting on the part where your pic was taken.

This is less of a pic and more of a snapshot, but it's difficult to get a pic of Argo standing still....

Argo in the Sun.jpg

your significant other looks interesting :P

1 hour ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

your significant other looks interesting

Oh the stories I could tell.....

,...wait, that didn't come out right xD