Rate the Photo Above you

18 hours ago, cc143 said:

5/10, I`m not well versed in atrophotography to tell you about the settings side, but from a compositional front, its not interesting. It feels like a snapshot. If you shot portrait, so we could see some of the ground, the entire tree etc. then that might have been a different story. Its well edited and the settings are fine, I`m just not drawn to anything in your composition. 

Glasgow Cathedral

My lens was a bit wet, hence the fog in the middle. Kinda wish I had a grad or bracketed as well.

8/10. I really like this photo, the only lack of the 2pts is the fog in the middle, but those things happens. Composition looks good.

DSC_0238-2.jpg

On 11/28/2018 at 4:40 PM, XeSquid said:

8/10. I really like this photo, the only lack of the 2pts is the fog in the middle, but those things happens. Composition looks good.

7/10 I like it, its a good approach to photographing a vocalist, since its either that or taking a picture of their facial expression, which works great with vocalists who really do exhibit great expressions when singing, a good example is Bruce Dickinson from Maiden, although he is quite active on stage as well, which makes for more interesting images. The thing is, this looks like a time when the ability to look at the facial expressions of the artist might be more important, so I'm not sure if the keep him in the shadows is the correct approach in this particular instance. 

This is a composition I've been thinking of for a while, even managed to attempt it a couple of times, but none of them seem to be what I'm after. This is as close as I got. Its the Duke of Wellington statue in Glasgow. I would have really liked for the sky to be a bit more full, just not as glum as it usually is. Its also tough to chase the light right noe because the sun sets so quickly. What do you guys think? keep this and maybe if the weather is opportune or is this good enough?

Duke of Wellington.jpg

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 12/4/2018 at 2:47 PM, cc143 said:

7/10 I like it, its a good approach to photographing a vocalist, since its either that or taking a picture of their facial expression, which works great with vocalists who really do exhibit great expressions when singing, a good example is Bruce Dickinson from Maiden, although he is quite active on stage as well, which makes for more interesting images. The thing is, this looks like a time when the ability to look at the facial expressions of the artist might be more important, so I'm not sure if the keep him in the shadows is the correct approach in this particular instance. 

This is a composition I've been thinking of for a while, even managed to attempt it a couple of times, but none of them seem to be what I'm after. This is as close as I got. Its the Duke of Wellington statue in Glasgow. I would have really liked for the sky to be a bit more full, just not as glum as it usually is. Its also tough to chase the light right noe because the sun sets so quickly. What do you guys think? keep this and maybe if the weather is opportune or is this good enough?

Duke of Wellington.jpg

like dem hat, 7/10

lighting also very superb

index.PNG

2 minutes ago, RainerWinkler said:

like dem hat, 7/10

lighting also very superb

index.PNG

i like that tunnel 

this is fallout 3 picture (my lerson)

E45F2FFA-516C-4EF5-9E57-53F32272A209.jpeg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Not gonna comment on the two above because one doest fit here, the other is bad.
But

On 12/4/2018 at 2:47 PM, cc143 said:

Duke of Wellington.jpg

I like that photo. 8/10
I think it would have been better without that cone in the background right behind the front legs. But I dont think its much you could do about that. as you say it might have been better with little bit better sky. Another thing that I think it would make it better, is that the banners on the right should have been there at all. But you cant really do anything about that.

I know this photo would have been better if the bark wasn't cut off at the top for example, but what else?46128549051_53a9b37b5b_h.jpgNew Life in Dead Stump

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

11 hours ago, Mihle said:

Not gonna comment on the two above because one doest fit here, the other is bad.
But

I like that photo. 8/10
I think it would have been better without that cone in the background right behind the front legs. But I dont think its much you could do about that. as you say it might have been better with little bit better sky. Another thing that I think it would make it better, is that the banners on the right should have been there at all. But you cant really do anything about that.
<snip>
I know this photo would have been better if the bark wasn't cut off at the top for example, but what else?New Life in Dead Stump

I like it, I enjoy photos of completely uninteresting things taken in such a way they are pleasing to look at. 7/10. 

MVIMG_20180328_132503.thumb.jpg.c758e944e577ea3a396371998da2c6af.jpg

This is a photo of the stone Olympic rings at Portland overlooking the area where the sailing events where held for London 2012.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 4:30 PM, mopman94 said:

>snipple<

This is a photo of the stone Olympic rings at Portland overlooking the area where the sailing events where held for London 2012.

Interesting object, but rather static in composition. Could use a bit of colour tweaking, but I like it overall. 6.5/11teen.

Playing with the Pixel 3 Night Sight on a mini tripod and remote shutter, I could not see the mountains in the background with the naked eye. 

IMG_20181220_190348.jpg

On 12/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, killertek78 said:

Interesting object, but rather static in composition. Could use a bit of colour tweaking, but I like it overall. 6.5/11teen.

Playing with the Pixel 3 Night Sight on a mini tripod and remote shutter, I could not see the mountains in the background with the naked eye. 

IMG_20181220_190348.jpg

I guess it's a phone, but the glare around the streetlight bothers me and it looks like dirty lens... Battlefield 3 style.

I like the clump of snow that looks like a seal on the right. I'll go 7/10 since I find it to be fine, but not memorable.

P1000814.thumb.JPG.940be2a14c47bd683ab697e78d99cca1.JPG

I don't have any good pictures, so here's one of a fire I took some years ago on my brothers birthday. This was before I knew how to really use cameras.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 12/30/2018 at 7:10 AM, JZStudios said:

I guess it's a phone, but the glare around the streetlight bothers me and it looks like dirty lens... Battlefield 3 style.

I like the clump of snow that looks like a seal on the right. I'll go 7/10 since I find it to be fine, but not memorable.

P1000814.thumb.JPG.940be2a14c47bd683ab697e78d99cca1.JPG

I don't have any good pictures, so here's one of a fire I took some years ago on my brothers birthday. This was before I knew how to really use cameras.

I dodnt think photos of flames fits to be black and white. Also, it just looks like a snapshot sort of. 4/10.

One of the first photos I took of my kitten:

44445254330_b6241893da_b.jpgTheo in the garden

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

On 1/2/2019 at 9:22 AM, Mihle said:

I dodnt think photos of flames fits to be black and white. Also, it just looks like a snapshot sort of. 4/10.

One of the first photos I took of my kitten:

44445254330_b6241893da_b.jpgTheo in the garden

Good kitty. could maybe open up the aperture more but idk what you shooting with (could be a phone) 9/10 

49413404_2009734459094832_2756680778472488960_o.jpg

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

I decided to take a picture of the moon one day at my parents place. as i was setting up and focusing, my dad seen the plane flying over the moon and he told me to quickly take a bunch of pictures. i had luckily just finished setting it all up and snapped just this one shot.

I wish i had a really decent telephoto lens XD This was is still pretty far back but it has enough detail that i believe the plane is a west jet q400

Canon EOS Rebel T7i

f/5.6

1/800 sec

iso 400

canon ef-s 55-250mm

plane-1.jpg

better pic i can get with the moon every one i get looks like a dot.  10/10

IMG_0036.JPG

19 hours ago, Teradore said:

Good kitty. could maybe open up the aperture more but idk what you shooting with (could be a phone) 9/10 

49413404_2009734459094832_2756680778472488960_o.jpg

I couldnt have opened it up more, but he was quite close to the bush behind him so... And hell no, not a phone, if it had been a phone, the background would have been basically completely in focus..... If you wanted to know the settings you could have clicked the link and seen it btw.

As of your photo, I think it would have been better without all the lights at the horizon on the right side. 6/10.

17 hours ago, Dataanti said:

Canon EOS Rebel T7i

f/5.6

1/800 sec

iso 400

canon ef-s 55-250mm

plane-1.jpg

Moon too small, too much sky if you haven't already, if your lens isnt telephoto enough, you should crop in post as long as it isnt too much. Better to lose some pixels than including something that you shouldn't have. Also, thats a lot of Jpeg compression artefacts in the sky.... Great moment that could have been a good photo. 6/10

12 hours ago, Kody Priddy said:

better pic i can get with the moon every one i get looks like a dot.  10/10

IMG_0036.JPG

I think photos of for example flowers is better if they arent taken from almost straight above or in front or what you call it. 5/10.

Here is mine

46381784931_ed2797902d_b.jpgManhole cover in the Autumn

-Stephen Hawking

5 hours ago, Mihle said:

Moon too small, too much sky if you haven't already, if your lens isnt telephoto enough, you should crop in post as long as it isnt too much. Better to lose some pixels than including something that you shouldn't have. Also, thats a lot of Jpeg compression artefacts in the sky.... Great moment that could have been a good photo. 6/10

How is this?

i didn't notice the compression, before cause i toned it on a TV, this time I did it on a monitor and it looks a lot better.

I have to learn how to better remove noise however.

moon-1.jpg

5 hours ago, Dataanti said:

How is this?

i didn't notice the compression, before cause i toned it on a TV, this time I did it on a monitor and it looks a lot better.

I have to learn how to better remove noise however.

moon-1.jpg

I think that's a lot better. 

-Stephen Hawking

On 9/29/2018 at 7:05 PM, r.perez said:

Some recent shots...

_MG_5556.jpg

_MG_5851.jpg

_MG_5749.jpg

_MG_5730.jpg

Hey those are some crisp shots especially considering the dog was probably moving a lot. What camera did you use if you don't mind?

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

• 3 weeks later...

I worked with this beast a few weeks ago. There is a special punishment in Hell, reserved only for the very worst sinners, to have to work with this thing.

IMG_89331.thumb.jpg.ae2f08cbb025164486b92df11371121c.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

And this is one of the shots from it

Single strobe for main light.

Film.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I know nothing of photography, but it has a really cool "vintagy-vibe" to it. 9/10

I bought a Canon EOS M100 and went on a bit of a hike (this is my first time actually using a proper camera) using the kit lens, 15-45mm.

IMG_0113.JPG

11 hours ago, Klenex said:

*Quote*

I like that photo! Love the minimalism and balance with the subject well isolated. Looks pretty clean.

Here's a few of my recent ones, feel more than welcome to critique as I am a semi-pro looking to improve.

TL3-41.thumb.jpg.bdb654b7178440bed1812e297d1ed204.jpg

TL3-52.thumb.jpg.eea1171a94abfc92e29c5d596e7ecf95.jpgTL3-32.thumb.jpg.767c24e933484dc0110fc76de491785e.jpg

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

20 hours ago, another random person said:

Here's a few of my recent ones, feel more than welcome to critique as I am a semi-pro looking to improve.

TL3-41.thumb.jpg.bdb654b7178440bed1812e297d1ed204.jpg

TL3-52.thumb.jpg.eea1171a94abfc92e29c5d596e7ecf95.jpgTL3-32.thumb.jpg.767c24e933484dc0110fc76de491785e.jpg

5 stars. I like the mountains the best and I like what you did on the beach. You made it look--pre-historic.

Ps.  I don't have any photos to post.

Some shots coming next week with a new phone.

Won’t visit often..

22 hours ago, another random person said:

snip

The first 2 are great, my only minor suggestion would be an HDR on the first one just because you have noticeable noise in the shadows, but that's very neat picky. I would just suggest you keep it in mind and shoot both and then just use whatever you prefer after the edit. 

The last one is a really striking scenery, but I think could really benefit from a longer exposure (using an nd filter, I'd probably use a 6 or 10 stop here) and maybe a slightly lower angle, but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. 

From a live I shot a couple of weeks ago, first time I shoot my 5d3 at anything north of ISO3200, and I have to say, I'm surprised at how well it holds up, especially given the crop. 

2019-01-24 Acoustic Live Night Blackfriars Pub-10.jpg

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

8 hours ago, cc143 said:

From a live I shot a couple of weeks ago, first time I shoot my 5d3 at anything north of ISO3200, and I have to say, I'm surprised at how well it holds up, especially given the crop. 

Good concert photography, @cc143.

4 stars

Won’t visit often..

On 2/5/2019 at 4:22 PM, Klenex said:

I know nothing of photography, but it has a really cool "vintagy-vibe" to it

That's the film. It's straight from the camera (well, developed, it is analogue film after all) right to your eyeballs

On 2/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, cc143 said:

The first 2 are great, my only minor suggestion would be an HDR on the first one just because you have noticeable noise in the shadows, but that's very neat picky. I would just suggest you keep it in mind and shoot both and then just use whatever you prefer after the edit. 

The last one is a really striking scenery, but I think could really benefit from a longer exposure (using an nd filter, I'd probably use a 6 or 10 stop here) and maybe a slightly lower angle, but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. 

9/10, given what you shot with at which settings it's really awesome. The missing pt is only my personal taste, otherwise great photo!

The photo I post is from a Tech N9ne concert here in Sweden.

_JL15802.jpg