• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blade of Grass

Rate the Photo Above you

On 8/18/2017 at 8:14 AM, SJ_ETHIO said:

a Face from Ethiopia

707A0233.jpg

Just speedballing, but have you thought of cropping closer to the subject and maybe a B&W edit with a bit more contrast and clarity? I don't know if the background is as interesting as i would like, it makes the picture dull imo and you also should leave a bit more headroom, maybe if you shot it in portrait? 

Shot a couple of long exposures while back home: 1st images I need some tips to remove ca from the sign in the bottom right in post and 2nd image I was wandering what that spot is on the top left and how to maybe edit it out? 

Athalassas Avenue Long ExposureLaiki Trapeza Long Exposure

Any thoughts? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 8/19/2017 at 7:50 PM, cc143 said:

Just speedballing, but have you thought of cropping closer to the subject and maybe a B&W edit with a bit more contrast and clarity? I don't know if the background is as interesting as i would like, it makes the picture dull imo and you also should leave a bit more headroom, maybe if you shot it in portrait? 

Shot a couple of long exposures while back home: 1st images I need some tips to remove ca from the sign in the bottom right in post and 2nd image I was wandering what that spot is on the top left and how to maybe edit it out? 

Any thoughts? 

Sorry if I do sound blunt but the colours are just a tad bit pulled too far out, you can see the oversaturation and the colour separation in the fuel price sign board, apart from that your photo is well composed and executed. Looks good.

Now to continue with my photo I guess..... 

IMG_2551 (2).jpg

WARNING: I AM PRONE TO TYPOS, BE AWARE.

DAILY DRIVER

CPU: i5 6500 MOBO: Asrock Fatal1ty H170 D3 RAM: 16 GB Kingston DDR3L 

GPUS: 2x Sapphire 4GB R9 380 NITRO CASE: Deepcool Tesseract BF ATX STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, 2x 1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM, 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD, 3TB WD Blue 7200RPM  PSU: Cooler master GX750 CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro H55

COST: AUD $1450

PORTABLE LAPTOP

DELL XPS 13 (9360)

CPU: Intel i5 7200U RAM: 8 GB DDR4 Soldered RAM GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 620 STORAGE: 128 GB M.2 SANDISK x400 SSD

On 22.8.2017 at 8:35 AM, another random person said:

Now to continue with my photo I guess..... 

IMG_2551 (2).jpg

(my first post in this thread) 

I like it! I'm a sucker for long exposed stuff. Only thing I'd change is to rotate the picture slightly to make the high skyscraper straighter, unless it screws with the rest of the lines too much of course. Also just wondering, have you tried turning down the exposure a tad? Might make it look a bit more dramatic. 

Here's my photo:

20160908_zoozurich_099.jpg

On 20/05/2013 at 1:41 AM, extremescouter said:

I think thats a great photo, and the black and white adds interest to it, more than a color photo of that would. I do more nature photography, but I couldn't really figure out how to attach an image so heres a low quality image of mine:

post-17910-0-79517300-1369010788_thumb.j

Good, but image quality isn't great!

5/10

Is the overexposure intensionally? The object is too centered.

HDD Head

IMG_8262-HDR.jpg.9f05d0d78d27690bc15cf111e5e07edb.jpg

2 minutes ago, .spider. said:

5/10

Is the overexposure intensionally? The object is too centered.

HDD Head

IMG_8262-HDR.jpg.9f05d0d78d27690bc15cf111e5e07edb.jpg

Did you mean to focus on the reflection of the needle on the disk or miss? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

8 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Did you mean to focus on the reflection of the needle on the disk or miss? 

What do you mean by "or miss"?

Just now, .spider. said:

What do you mean by "or miss"?

I mean was it unintentional? because it is very close to the needle, and I was trying to figure out if it is the AF system being a bit off or if it was intentional i.e. you were going for the reflection and looking at some sort of blur effect around it. 

4 hours ago, cc143 said:

I mean was it unintentional? because it is very close to the needle, and I was trying to figure out if it is the AF system being a bit off or if it was intentional i.e. you were going for the reflection and looking at some sort of blur effect around it. 

It was intentionally focused like that.

You can forget the AF for these high reproduction ratios like 1.2:1

12 hours ago, Jelly Boy said:

How about this?

-snip-

Lovely, very lovely!
9/10, I like the light falling through the windows and the whole scene blends it together properly. The only thing that I can really comment on is that roughly half way it starts to look like a slight haze instead of natural light fall.

my entry is of this lovely dragonfly that I managed to capture into nearly the tiniest detail.

36527156405_b0ce93d76f_o.thumb.jpg.f43ff2d67f90a8fa741a76ac2d7fac37.jpg

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2 hours ago, Bsmith said:

Lovely, very lovely!
9/10, I like the light falling through the windows and the whole scene blends it together properly. The only thing that I can really comment on is that roughly half way it starts to look like a slight haze instead of natural light fall.

my entry is of this lovely dragonfly that I managed to capture into nearly the tiniest detail.

36527156405_b0ce93d76f_o.thumb.jpg.f43ff2d67f90a8fa741a76ac2d7fac37.jpg

Amazing!

7 hours ago, Bsmith said:

Lovely, very lovely!

speaking of missing focus...

but other than that it's really cool! :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 24.8.2017 at 11:19 AM, historicalpoultry said:

Here's my photo:

20160908_zoozurich_099.jpg

Doesnt seem like any commented on this picture.
8,5/10
It looks really good, but some questions go trough my mind:
How would it look if it was taken closer (less space around the animal)?
How would it look if it was taken from little bot more to the left?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Why isn't the EXIF (image data:exposure, aperture, iso, lens) data required for photos?  I am interested to see what settings people are shooting on, and to see what editing was done.  On most other photography sites this is a requirement for a post.

sold

On 8/28/2017 at 0:43 PM, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

Photo shot by me, color work done in Lightroom. please rate it as you please.

Building 1.3.jpg

Contrast is really cool, 10/10 for this one like :P

20077809510_797c1833b0_o.jpg

Cornish Coast, UK :) 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

3 hours ago, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

Double exposure. no editing done, only basic colour work in Lightroom.
shot from Cannon 70D - f/22 1/125 35mm ISO1600

double exposure 1.3.jpg

Something about this picture throws me off. but I do like it. 8/10

Here is a picture I took with my Nexus 6 after my son was released from the hospital after his surgery. Its a perfect moment I think.

tylernjeff.jpg.ad2c5a21b1673d441522d901cb720e4a.jpg

Origin PC EON 17-X
CPU: Intel i7 6700K RAM: 32gb G. SKILL  GPU: GTX 980M 4GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB HDD: Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NUKA COLA
CPU: Intel i7 8700K RAM: 16gb G. SKILL  GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB SSD: Intel 480GB M.2 SSD SDD: Crucial MX300 525GB (x2)

7 minutes ago, CA8OOS3 said:

Something about this picture throws me off. but I do like it. 8/10

Here is a picture I took with my Nexus 6 after my son was released from the hospital after his surgery. Its a perfect moment I think.

tylernjeff.jpg.ad2c5a21b1673d441522d901cb720e4a.jpg

i know, i feel it too. i think it (my photo) lacks the sharpness it needs. and that is one cute little photo you got there!

13 hours ago, Equilibrium_FOOL said:

Why isn't the EXIF (image data:exposure, aperture, iso, lens) data required for photos?  I am interested to see what settings people are shooting on, and to see what editing was done.  On most other photography sites this is a requirement for a post.

You can see it if the person posting it share it via flickr, just click the image. That always possible with my pictures. I agree that everyone should do that OR post it directly here.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking