Rate the Photo Above you

On 06/08/2017 at 11:29 PM, Darren319 said:

I love the photo of the barn and the sun, it's wonderful how the sun comes through the trees. I would only like to see a deeper red on the barn.

It is a well framed photo. I like how the mountains fade into the distance. Could be slightly more saturated or have a higher contrast, it feels a bit faded, I also don't think the horizon is quite straight, though I could be wrong. 7/10.

22272562402_acb00c3612_k.jpgDSC04218edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

6 hours ago, mopman94 said:

It is a well framed photo. I like how the mountains fade into the distance. Could be slightly more saturated or have a higher contrast, it feels a bit faded, I also don't think the horizon is quite straight, though I could be wrong. 7/10.

22272562402_acb00c3612_k.jpgDSC04218edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

I like the gentle light on the castle. Even though it is a moody night shot, I still think it is a bit under exposed. I would liked to have more of the castle in the view, now it's all the way to the right (past the 3rd of the width), and I feel like there is quite a bit of empty space at the top and left.

DSC00870v2.thumb.jpg.f8828c30975c0fb5b2bcdfb8e0402fef.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

2 hours ago, Tam3n said:

I like the gentle light on the castle. Even though it is a moody night shot, I still think it is a bit under exposed. I would liked to have more of the castle in the view, now it's all the way to the right (past the 3rd of the width), and I feel like there is quite a bit of empty space at the top and left.

That looks so cool!  How did you get the trees to be white like that?  And the water looks weird too.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Tam3n said:

IR photography?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

56 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That looks so cool!  How did you get the trees to be white like that?  And the water looks weird too.

36 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

IR photography?

Yeah it's shot in IR :) I used a 720 nm filter, red and blue channels are swapped and the color balance adjusted.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Just now, Tam3n said:

Yeah it's shot in IR :) I used a 720 nm filter, red and blue channels are swapped and the color balance adjusted.

Oh interesting, IR crossed my mind but it didn't look quite how I was expecting...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 09/08/2017 at 4:16 PM, Tam3n said:

I love the colours on this, the white tree looks fantastic on that background. 8/10.

30335128026_62f2128d7f_k.jpgDSC05971 by mopman94, on Flickr

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

15 minutes ago, mopman94 said:

I love the colours on this, the white tree looks fantastic on that background. 8/10.

DSC05971 by mopman94, on Flickr

I like the colors and the reflections but the image is a maybe a bit noisy? 7.5/10

IMG_2722.jpg

2 hours ago, mopman94 said:

*SNIP*

Nice picture, I know you have posted it here before (Page 121)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, mopman94 said:

30335128026_62f2128d7f_k.jpgDSC05971 by mopman94, on Flickr

I could tell you were in auto right away on this. Also, is it edited at all or is it straight off the camera? 

You would want to shoot at the widest possible aperture and maybe use a slower shutter, 1/30th should still be fast enough to handhold and would allow you to shoot at ISO 1250 which would reduce the noise in the image. Also, if this is in raw, some slider adjustments and perhaps a chromatic abberation correction could improve it quite a bit. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

2 hours ago, cc143 said:

I could tell you were in auto right away on this. Also, is it edited at all or is it straight off the camera? 

You would want to shoot at the widest possible aperture and maybe use a slower shutter, 1/30th should still be fast enough to handhold and would allow you to shoot at ISO 1250 which would reduce the noise in the image. Also, if this is in raw, some slider adjustments and perhaps a chromatic abberation correction could improve it quite a bit. 

It wasn't on auto, but it also wasn't on manual, it was on the one in between, forget what it is called, the one that lets you change some settings. It was very busy so to get a picture without someone stood directly in front of the camera required quick timing, and it was raining and my camera isn't waterproof and I had food going cold on the table outside the Tapas place on the right of the photo :P so I was prioritising getting a decent photo as quickly as I could hence the noise levels and fast shutter :)

I am pretty sure it has not been edited because I normally add the word edit to the end of the file name if I have edited it so its most likely just the raw converted to a jpg, it was taken about a year ago.

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Nice picture, I know you have posted it here before (Page 121)

Yeah its one of my favourite pictures, I love how the lights reflect off all the wet surfaces. I want to take more photos in this kind of environment and lighting so have posted it again to get more feedback.

Tell me what you think. Taken at Mission Raceways BCSCC CACC Event. To hot for me to race today. No thanks lol

MLF5.jpg

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

On 8/13/2017 at 4:44 AM, gleetk said:

Tell me what you think. Taken at Mission Raceways BCSCC CACC Event. To hot for me to race today. No thanks lol

MLF5.jpg

A bit too dark for my taste, and the cropping.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

On 8/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, gleetk said:

Something about it caught my eye at first but I just moved on at the time, but now looking at it 1:1, I think I see what it was.  The out of focus areas (bokeh, etc.) are really strange.  They're made up of over-sharpened conflicting colour blobs... how did that even happen?

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Something about it caught my eye at first but I just moved on at the time, but now looking at it 1:1, I think I see what it was.  The out of focus areas (bokeh, etc.) are really strange.  They're made up of over-sharpened conflicting colour blobs... how did that even happen?

Looks like chromatic abberation or a cheaper/older lens. I know my very old Nikon 100 f/2.8 MF lens produces similar bokeh in very backlit situations. Probably also has to do with few aparture blades as you see the bokeh isn't that round. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

1 minute ago, xQubeZx said:

Looks like chromatic abberation or a cheaper/older lens. I know my very old Nikon 100 f/2.8 MF lens produces similar bokeh in very backlit situations. Probably also has to do with few aparture blades as you see the bokeh isn't that round. 

I don't think it's chromatic aberration... I've seen plenty of that and this is not even close. 

I mean, it might be partially "sparked" or "seeded" by that, but something caused it to be exaggerated totally out of control

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't think it's chromatic aberration... I've seen plenty of that and this is not even close. 

I mean, it might be partially "sparked" or "seeded" by that, but something caused it to be exaggerated totally out of control

Maybe not chromatic abberation but it defentivly has to do with either a cheap lens or an older one. I had a quite hard time recreating it but also had a few images with a similar "oversharpened" bokeh made by my old MF nikon lenses. Like in this image, (not a good image but it shows a similar look in the bokeh)

DSC01910.thumb.jpg.c2aef77fcce8a9707618734a86e0674a.jpg

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Its actually a vintage lens. A Bronica 150mm 3.5 SQ lens to a EF mount adapter and quite a heavy little bugger too.. Was just wanting to try it out.

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

On 8/18/2017 at 8:14 AM, SJ_ETHIO said:

a Face from Ethiopia

707A0233.jpg

Just speedballing, but have you thought of cropping closer to the subject and maybe a B&W edit with a bit more contrast and clarity? I don't know if the background is as interesting as i would like, it makes the picture dull imo and you also should leave a bit more headroom, maybe if you shot it in portrait? 

Shot a couple of long exposures while back home: 1st images I need some tips to remove ca from the sign in the bottom right in post and 2nd image I was wandering what that spot is on the top left and how to maybe edit it out? 

Athalassas Avenue Long ExposureLaiki Trapeza Long Exposure

Any thoughts? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 8/19/2017 at 7:50 PM, cc143 said:

Just speedballing, but have you thought of cropping closer to the subject and maybe a B&W edit with a bit more contrast and clarity? I don't know if the background is as interesting as i would like, it makes the picture dull imo and you also should leave a bit more headroom, maybe if you shot it in portrait? 

Shot a couple of long exposures while back home: 1st images I need some tips to remove ca from the sign in the bottom right in post and 2nd image I was wandering what that spot is on the top left and how to maybe edit it out? 

Any thoughts? 

Sorry if I do sound blunt but the colours are just a tad bit pulled too far out, you can see the oversaturation and the colour separation in the fuel price sign board, apart from that your photo is well composed and executed. Looks good.

Now to continue with my photo I guess..... 

IMG_2551 (2).jpg

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

On 22.8.2017 at 8:35 AM, another random person said:

Now to continue with my photo I guess..... 

IMG_2551 (2).jpg

(my first post in this thread) 

I like it! I'm a sucker for long exposed stuff. Only thing I'd change is to rotate the picture slightly to make the high skyscraper straighter, unless it screws with the rest of the lines too much of course. Also just wondering, have you tried turning down the exposure a tad? Might make it look a bit more dramatic. 

Here's my photo:

20160908_zoozurich_099.jpg

On 20/05/2013 at 1:41 AM, extremescouter said:

I think thats a great photo, and the black and white adds interest to it, more than a color photo of that would. I do more nature photography, but I couldn't really figure out how to attach an image so heres a low quality image of mine:

post-17910-0-79517300-1369010788_thumb.j

Good, but image quality isn't great!