Rate the Photo Above you

22 hours ago, cc143 said:

Exposure was locked in, I could try doing it with photoshop instead I guess.

I would.  It might not be any better but, hey, it might work great :D Another program to try is "Image Composite Editor"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 7/13/2017 at 1:12 PM, cc143 said:

I'm gonna give you a 7/10, its a beautiful scene, but I feel it could be a lot better. I like the way you captured the waves, but the sky kinda leaves me wanting. I understand that must have a lot to do with this being handheld, which may also explain why I think it's not that sharp, although that could also be due to the export itself. 

Here's mine, its a pano of the Athens Skyline at sunset from a pretty good vantage point.

Athens Skyline

I rate, 10/10. I'm not a pro at all, and to me that looks amazing! Maybe someone hard core with photography would nitpick but to my untrained eye, it's awesome!

Here's my submission from a trip I took last year:

MUD_SEP_SCT.thumb.jpg.4a169503a22ebc00be72948a909329c0.jpg

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

18 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I rate, 10/10. I'm not a pro at all, and to me that looks amazing! Maybe someone hard core with photography would nitpick but to my untrained eye, it's awesome!

Here's my submission from a trip I took last year:

MUD_SEP_SCT.thumb.jpg.4a169503a22ebc00be72948a909329c0.jpg

My honest opinion: I really have no idea what I'm supposed to make of this photo.  I've seen motorsport photos where cars drive through mud, I've even covered such events myself.  But I look at this photo and all I see is some white car making a big muddy splash in what might be some sort of construction site seeing as there looks like an excavator and a white truck in the background.

Do you feel anything for your own photo?  I'll leave you with some words from one of my favorite togs, Sir Don McCullin.

a0f1d87d655572a943d80c2058fa1ef6--learn-

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

40 minutes ago, Amalien said:

I would love to get some feedback on those shots by you guys ^^

Well let's start with the flower photo, which is the easiest to explain and is typical of what most beginners do with a camera (taking photos of flowers).  It's over exposed, or at least over saturated in post processing.

The photo of the house, don't start with trying to show most of the house.  Look around to see if there are any interesting details that you can zoom in or do close up shots.

The sea/riverside photo, it has potential to be a good location for photography.  But your exposure or how you've processed it in post, it's too dark.

I don't want to write paragraphs explaining everything you've done wrong and how to improve, but (I'm going to leave out talking about post processing and just focus on camera work) what you need to do is develop the mindset to be able to look at a potential location that you want to photograph and think about how you want to frame the shots and how you want to set up the camera to capture what you want.  Digital cameras are fantastic, they come with built in light meters that help you get good exposures, but you still need to think "Do I use the exposure values the camera gives me or do I need to compensate either way?" which you do while thinking about the time of day, the weather and how the location is lit.

There are fantastic books out there to help beginners develop the necessary "thinking" mindsets to improve their photography.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

These are from the Royal International Air Tattoo. First time with a non phone camera, not a DSLR and quite old. Red Arrows (airplanes) Image is unedited

Drift2_1.png

P7160835.JPG

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

^I'll rate the planes a 7/10. Really cool picture.

Here's a picture of a plant I took with my LG G5

0831161127a_HDR.thumb.jpg.5e4927877921370f96d2d4b5afddd561.jpg

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

On 7/15/2017 at 2:38 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

My honest opinion: I really have no idea what I'm supposed to make of this photo.  I've seen motorsport photos where cars drive through mud, I've even covered such events myself.  But I look at this photo and all I see is some white car making a big muddy splash in what might be some sort of construction site seeing as there looks like an excavator and a white truck in the background.

Do you feel anything for your own photo?  I'll leave you with some words from one of my favorite togs, Sir Don McCullin.

a0f1d87d655572a943d80c2058fa1ef6--learn-

That's pretty deep. I just think it looks cool. A driver battling the storm. :D It's not any deeper than that. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

8 hours ago, Kherm said:

^I'll rate the planes a 7/10. Really cool picture.

Here's a picture of a plant I took with my LG G5

0831161127a_HDR.thumb.jpg.5e4927877921370f96d2d4b5afddd561.jpg

This is a good photo.  Knowing that this was taken with a phone, I'm not going to criticize it by saying it's noisy or not ultra sharp, which would detract from the fact that it is a beautiful looking photo.  Nature is simply amazing and you've managed to capture it well.

19 hours ago, CookiezFort said:

These are from the Royal International Air Tattoo. First time with a non phone camera, not a DSLR and quite old. Red Arrows (airplanes) Image is unedited

Drift2_1.png

P7160835.JPG

The top car photo is too beginner'ish.

But the photo with the planes has a LOT of potential, the first thing I would do is brighten it up a bit and perhaps crop out some superfluous edges.

4 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That's pretty deep. I just think it looks cool. A driver battling the storm. :D It's not any deeper than that. 

If you knew in advance the car was going to drive like this, would you have tried to capture it from a different angle or perspective?

7 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

If you knew in advance the car was going to drive like this, would you have tried to capture it from a different angle or perspective?

idk about him but I would have, but that would probably have resulted in getting soaked in mud and/or almost run over, and there's also no way anyone could have expected the path :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I've got this one from the highest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitze.

DSC_0072.thumb.jpg.fd43a68fcfc6d6a13c03b7338ba16bd2.jpg

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

On 7/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, SQZY98 said:

I think if parts of the structure/building there was a bit more visible, it would be a better photo.

On 7/19/2017 at 3:48 AM, AkiraDaarkst said:

The top car photo is too beginner'ish.

But the photo with the planes has a LOT of potential, the first thing I would do is brighten it up a bit and perhaps crop out some superfluous edges.

That's an interesting question. I knew many cars would attempt to traverse the flooded intersection, but the conditions left me with limited options, angle wise. I was not willing to take my vehicle (A Cadillac XTS (rental)) through to get to the other side, nor did I trust leaving it behind. So I had to stay within a comfortable distance of the car. I did have a good amount of time to find the best angle within my range, though. I took a lot of photos and while most of them are interesting to me, they don't really look good enough for sharing with others. 

I have a habit of getting photos I think are interesting, maybe a good way to remember an event or place where I've been, but not really good enough for social media or sharing. I guess for my everyday photography I care more about capturing the moment and less about overall aesthetic. Keep in mind this is coming from someone interested in photography with money to spend on decent consumer grade cameras, but not a photographer. :P 

On 19/07/2017 at 7:08 PM, SQZY98 said:

DSC_0072.thumb.jpg.fd43a68fcfc6d6a13c03b7338ba16bd2.jpg

Probably 7/10

Would look nicer if there wasn't as much cloud.

Y7vSRAd.jpg

It is a picture of some leaf which is is slightly more read than the surrounding leafes

3/10

Vaillante Rebellion from last weekend's WEC run at the Nürburgring

LRM_EXPORT_20170722_193332.jpg.cb7e09c6c14f165f84dfdd4e7797940d.jpg

Edited on Lightroom for Android only.

19 hours ago, Nathat23 said:

Probably 7/10

Would look nicer if there wasn't as much cloud.

Y7vSRAd.jpg

Are you just taking photos of random stuff you see?  Unless you explain what this photo is supposed to symbolize it looks rather dull and boring.

I've been a bit lazy to work on photos taken during my travels last month. Here's another one I took in Thimphu.  The Buddha statue in the bottom right quadrant is Buddha Dordenma which is located on a hill overlooking the southern side of the city.  I really miss Bhutan.

35294665123_9da088bbeb_h.jpg

Aston Martin Vantage doing a doughnut after the race 

LRM_EXPORT_20170723_111153.thumb.jpg.9f2de5dfd77158e84e6de412c34090e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, .spider. said:

might have been a bit more dramatic had you framed it a bit to the left so we see the entire tyre smoke cloud and maybe a bit higher. I know it wouldn't be a traditional composition, but I don't know, I have a feeling it might have worked...

EDIT: Just realised this is probably cropped in some way, so it might still be possible. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

13 minutes ago, cc143 said:

might have been a bit more dramatic had you framed it a bit to the left so we see the entire tyre smoke cloud and maybe a bit higher.  

That's the entire smoke cloud.

And a portrait I did in the Philippines.  One of our guides/researchers who was explaining to us about the habitat.  Even a 24-70 makes a nice portrait lens.

35295680953_8b7b699188_b.jpg

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Are you just taking photos of random stuff you see?  Unless you explain what this photo is supposed to symbolize it looks rather dull and boring.

I've been a bit lazy to work on photos taken during my travels last month. Here's another one I took in Thimphu.  The Buddha statue in the bottom right quadrant is Buddha Dordenma which is located on a hill overlooking the southern side of the city.  I really miss Bhutan.

35294665123_9da088bbeb_h.jpg

Pretty much, I originally took that photo just to see the quality of my Nikon Coolpix L340

1 minute ago, Nathat23 said:

Pretty much, I originally took that photo just to see the quality of my Nikon Coolpix L340

And you posted that photo for us to rate?

13 hours ago, .spider. said:

I personally think it would be better if the smoke that is straight in front of the car wasn't there.

12 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

And a portrait I did in the Philippines.  One of our guides/researchers who was explaining to us about the habitat.  Even a 24-70 makes a nice portrait lens.

35295680953_8b7b699188_b.jpg

Isn't people in portraits supposed to look in to the frame?

I personally don't know if it would have looked better without actually seeing it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

9 hours ago, Mihle said:

Isn't people in portraits supposed to look in to the frame?

Not necessarily, and I took this portrait while he was being interviewed for a documentary I am producing.  I took several, it's just this is the only one I shared.

9 hours ago, Mihle said:

I personally think it would be better if the smoke that is straight in front of the car wasn't there.

I've covered motorsports photography, where he/she/it was standing to capture that photo is not an ideal place.  There are normally vantage points around race tracks where photographers are allowed access and those are usually better spots.\

But of course you run the risk of this happening.  But hey, it's the risk you take as a tog.

camaro.jpg