Rate the Photo Above you

18 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Taken with my LG G3.

10/10

Color is great, subject(s) are great, etc (even the composition). That awkward moment when a smartphone picture is better than those from "real" cameras. Nicely done. 

This one is a bit personal, and honestly isn't that great of a picture (IMO), but I just moved from where the photo was taken (Oregon) to the base of those mountains (Washington state). I have explored a bit of Oregon, but cannot wait to explore those little hills over there (here...). The picture was taken during a hike at the beginning of the year, and just now I decided to process it and upload, as the meaning is great now - and no longer an attempt at getting some nice background shot of the branches. 

24286175893_afce5dd40a_c.jpgWashington by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

2 minutes ago, .spider. said:

9/10

The branches on the right are a bit too distracting.

The base of an old ore bunker

-snip-

I really like the constant lines through the picture made by all the entrances, kinda looks like it could be going on forever.  9/10

This is a quick picture I took of my monitor while being bored, been really rainy around here so getting out isn't much of an option.  Nikon D3200, 50mm f1.8 lens @ f2 ISO 400 I believe

20160208-DSC_0003.thumb.jpg.3d374a0ad8da

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

5 hours ago, Aruxx said:

I really like the constant lines through the picture made by all the entrances, kinda looks like it could be going on forever.  9/10

This is a quick picture I took of my monitor while being bored, been really rainy around here so getting out isn't much of an option.  Nikon D3200, 50mm f1.8 lens @ f2 ISO 400 I believe

-snip-

3/10

Subject isn't interesting. Other than that, good job on technicality, DOF, etc.

Here's my picture:

LuzQ7wF.jpg

Taken on East Anacapa, part of the Chanel Islands National Park, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacapa_Island

I know the image isn't 100% perfect. For example, the horizon line isn't perfectly level. But then again, you try taking an perfect picture in a boat that's bobbing up and down and swaying side to side. It was fairly gusty so, not the best. But the Islands are Beautiful! One of this things you must see in your life if you live in California.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

4 hours ago, ionbasa said:

3/10

Subject isn't interesting. Other than that, good job on technicality, DOF, etc.

Here's my picture:

Taken on East Anacapa, part of the Chanel Islands National Park, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacapa_Island

I know the image isn't 100% perfect. For example, the horizon line isn't perfectly level. But then again, you try taking an perfect picture in a boat that's bobbing up and down and swaying side to side. It was fairly gusty so, not the best. But the Islands are Beautiful! One of this things you must see in your life if you live in California.

9/10. i wish the boat wasn't part of the picture, but i know how hard that can be to do otherwise its a great picture.

Here's a pic i took recently with an old 40 year old minolta 58mm. Really like how it renders out of focus areas.

24898327616_ff53e8f9f7_k.jpgminolta 58 1.4 test by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

14 hours ago, bob345 said:

Here's a pic i took recently with an old 40 year old minolta 58mm. Really like how it renders out of focus areas.

Bokeh!

I'll give it a solid 8/10.  I might crank the Ap closed a stop or two just to bring the rest of the camera in focus, but still blow out all the grass.   

Mine is about 10 years or so old.  I was at the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, FL, armed with my Canon 1D Mk 2 (hot stuff at the time...), Canon's 2x teleconvertor, and their 70-200 IS lens.  This photo had me standing on a walkway that extended over a pond; the walkway was floating on said pond via barrels and/or pontoons.  Bear in mind: I was inside the tiger's enclosure with him (and his buddies), but they were all on the shore and I was walking on water.  Also note: tigers are aquatic...

I can't tell you the distance Shear Kahn was from me.  My elbows were planted solidly on the walkway's railing and I was standing as still as I possibly could.  What ruins the photo, of course, is the wire fence wrapped around the tree that Kahn is holding up.  And yes, he's holding that tree up... all 1/2 ton(!) of him.  He's a big kitty!

tiger-tree.thumb.jpg.f4d50ed2bedf93c703b

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

^^^

7/10.

Pretty cool!

bird.jpg

Shot with Sony HX10V by Kamesh.S.S.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

8/10 

super sharp, love the bokeh

shot with sony NEX f3 at F14 and a 10s exposure 

_DSC2305.jpg

9 minutes ago, RealCereal said:

That tree is in the way and takes away from the image, 3 for effort.

Chinatown Lights by Cyrill Bambilla, on Flickr

6/10, I get what you where going for but the composition just is not there. It also seems a tad over exposed. try lowering the shutter a bit and try and capture at a time when there are no cars stopping and going.

here's a pic i took back in December at a local cars and coffee.

23693063870_d012ff3808_k.jpgHuracan by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

10 hours ago, bob345 said:

here's a pic i took back in December at a local cars and coffee.

9/10 The reflections are a bit distracting 

tOuhyEW.jpg

2 hours ago, .spider. said:

9/10 The reflections are a bit distracting 

7/10 I like the colors and am quite a sucker for industrial stuff. However, not sure about the context or what it is. So, a little uninteresting from a "telling a story" point of view. 

24341549234_377bb85467_b.jpgSeen From a New Angle 1 by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

I just moved to the north of this mountain, when I had previously lived west of it. It's a very different beast from this side, and I honestly think I'm going to like early morning hikes to get some sunrise.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

47 minutes ago, d3sl91 said:

However, not sure about the context or what it is.  

linustechtips.com/main/topic/17966-rate-the-photo-above-you/?page=106#comment-7179345

A part of an industrial furnace, specifically pipes for cooling water  

3 hours ago, d3sl91 said:

7/10 I like the colors and am quite a sucker for industrial stuff. However, not sure about the context or what it is. So, a little uninteresting from a "telling a story" point of view. 

-snip-

Seen From a New Angle 1 by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

I just moved to the north of this mountain, when I had previously lived west of it. It's a very different beast from this side, and I honestly think I'm going to like early morning hikes to get some sunrise.

Holy crap 10/10, its beautiful. Looks like it should be in National Geographic.

Here's my picture, its seagulls out on the sea. Nothing too interesting. Might be going on two hiking trips this weekend so i'll be able to grab some landscape photos soon.

BcRba6t.jpg

On 2/9/2016 at 2:26 PM, bob345 said:

9/10. i wish the boat wasn't part of the picture, but i know how hard that can be to do otherwise its a great picture.

-snip-

@bob345 Ask an ye shal receive:

Spoiler

Its from an different angle, but its the best one I have without the hull of my boat visible:

jflzULC.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

8/10 image is sharp. But composition is average which holds it back. Looks like a rock formation I once photographed off the coast of San blas Mexico.

8cbb6e64c624c928a91c331f78e33a39.jpg

One of my recent ones.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

On 2/13/2016 at 6:28 PM, reptileexperts said:

8/10 image is sharp. But composition is average which holds it back. Looks like a rock formation I once photographed off the coast of San blas Mexico.

One of my recent ones.

9/10, great sharp shot. It does seem a bit too tight of a shot though.

here's a pic from today's cars and coffee

24720314970_50b2dfd196_k.jpgBug by Tauss ., on Flickr

9 hours ago, bob345 said:

here's a pic from today's cars and coffee

Bug by Tauss ., on Flickr

9.5/10

Very nice but there is something special missing.

Could be a part of a ship or something like that. 

kbBuMpV.jpg

8.5/10 - I wish the sky had a little more color to it; otherwise, it's very cool.

24744671622_df36b41b37_h.jpg

Edit: Sony A7R w/ Helios 44-2 - 1/200, ISO 400, F?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

7/10. Face is a bit blurry,and I would prefer that lady would be in center.But other than that - its pretty good.

20160213-DSC_0019.jpg

7/10 Not bad, but it's not really the kind of place that I could look at for too long - it just doesn't look that interesting.

bellroy-card-sleeve-2.jpg

6.5/10 Good Photo, nice composition, But I dont get the subject. To me, it is not that interesting

Attached is a photo of a paper tree. Nikon D80, B+W filter, I think.

DSC_0491.JPG

On 2016-02-16 at 7:26 PM, Idefix said:

6.5/10 Good Photo, nice composition, But I dont get the subject. To me, it is not that interesting

Attached is a photo of a paper tree. Nikon D80, B+W filter, I think.

Fair enough, it was a product photography shot, so the focus of it is was more on how the product itself looks.

45 minutes ago, Chase Haddleton said:

Fair enough, it was a product photography shot, so the focus of it is was more on how the product itself looks.

Ahh. Then the shot makes sense.

6/10 i don't really get it (im sure it means something though) other than that maybe there's a bit too much white in the background which kind of makes it look less dramatic and there's less focus on the tree and pot. But on the other hand i kind of like how the red heart?  stands out. cool pic.

This is a bit plain but i thought it looked kinda cool (it's a road at night btw)

DSC_0462.thumb.JPG.073de5ab7026768268232

On 2/17/2016 at 2:13 AM, sleal said:

6/10 i don't really get it (im sure it means something though) other than that maybe there's a bit too much white in the background which kind of makes it look less dramatic and there's less focus on the tree and pot. But on the other hand i kind of like how the red heart?  stands out. cool pic.

This is a bit plain but i thought it looked kinda cool (it's a road at night btw)

5/10, i get the effect you were going for but its just not something that really catches the eye.

Heres a pic from a cars and coffee last weekend.

24922335101_1697e46bcd_k.jpg430 scud by Tauss ., on Flickr

8/10 - Really like how the fog or haze accentuates the red car. However, the colors look washed out a bit, which, if that was the effect you were going for, good job, you achieved that. But it doesnt really appeal to me.

Picture from a koi pond.

DSC_0031.JPG