Rate the Photo Above you

9/10 - Such a nice car. Not super knowledgeable on automotive photography but the way in which the car is positioned straight on looks amazing!

I also love the way the wheels are pointed out, as if to say drive me! Again the focus is on point, the detailing of the headlights and grill is exceptional.

Not to sure about improvements, it really depends what the photograph is meant to represent!

-snip-

8/10 - Would be stronger compositionally if the horizon line wasn't in the middle of the page and if overhang thing was slightly more inside. Light are great and come through better than the other pic. Could be sharper, but thats the gear not the photographer.

Another car pic. Not quite as wild about this one because the backgrounds a bit busy.

emseAQ8.jpg

Edit: F1.8, 1/2500, ISO 100

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

8/10 - Would be stronger compositionally if the horizon line wasn't in the middle of the page and if overhang thing was slightly more inside. Light are great and come through better than the other pic. Could be sharper, but thats the gear not the photographer.

7/10 

Wow you're killing it with these car pictures! This angle really brings out the character of the car and it's vintage feel. 

Like you say the background is too busy, but if the SUV was out of frame this would be amazing.

I also like how the car is centered perfectly along with the modern looking house (kind of creates a old and new effect) and again the angle of the wheels, this time pointing at the viewer!

2ufde9y.jpg

@Pearsonia, I can't rate that one because I'm out of ammo. What do you mean by "if the car was out frame"?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

@Pearsonia, I can't rate that one because I'm out of ammo. What do you mean by "if the car was out frame"?

The background vehicle! 

And no problem, would you mind sending me a bit of feedback in a message? 

7/10 

Wow you're killing it with these car pictures! This angle really brings out the character of the car and it's vintage feel. 

Like you say the background is too busy, but if the SUV was out of frame this would be amazing.

I also like how the car is centered perfectly along with the modern looking house (kind of creates a old and new effect) and again the angle of the wheels, this time pointing at the viewer!

snipped

I'd give that 8/10, I like the reflections in the water, but I feel the image is way to warm, maybe cool the temp or try B&W for it. Here's mine -

22353363952_39d3a3d76f_k.jpgUp Above by Alex Wilson Photography, on Flickr

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I'd give that 8/10, I like the reflections in the water, but I feel the image is way to warm, maybe cool the temp or try B&W for it. Here's mine -

9/10

I love shots looking up at tree branches.

You captured the light so well and something about the branches and the way they overlap, connect e.t.c really makes a statement!

The colour is perfect, it speaks nature!

I guess as an improvement you could implement a symmetric nature, but it really depends on what the picture is trying to convey!

This one took about 45 attempts due to my inability to stay still! :rolleyes:

2qltlx4.jpg

CANON EOS 70D           Lens: 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6

9/10

I love shots looking up at tree branches.

You captured the light so well and something about the branches and the way they overlap, connect e.t.c really makes a statement!

The colour is perfect, it speaks nature!

I guess as an improvement you could implement a symmetric nature, but it really depends on what the picture is trying to convey!

This one took about 45 attempts due to my inability to stay still! :rolleyes:

2qltlx4.jpg

CANON EOS 70D Lens: 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6

Love the exposure. 10/10.

d2e071e3008826348a609a9a29618e86.jpg

Took this with my Note 4.

@peterino55

I understand your shooting with a phone but the entire center is washed out.  The subject doesn't look very interesting but it may have been if the photo was correctly exposed.  

I don't mean to be overly critical I'm just being realistic.

3/10

22601422339_651676077e_b.jpgDSC_0489 by Rob M, on Flickr

Shot on the same vacation as my previous photo.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@peterino55

I understand your shooting with a phone but the entire center is washed out.  The subject doesn't look very interesting but it may have been if the photo was correctly exposed.  

I don't mean to be overly critical I'm just being realistic.

3/10

22601422339_651676077e_b.jpgDSC_0489 by Rob M, on Flickr

Shot on the same vacation as my previous photo.

I don't mind honesty. 

Here's a picture from my 5D mark I :

4evw008.jpg

I don't mind honesty. 

Here's a picture from my 5D mark I :

7.5/10 Nice colors and nicely composed, but the pic just feels a little boring. It might just be the fact that there are so many silloette pics like this that it makes it hard to stand out from the crowd.

Heres a pic i took two weeks ago at a cars and coffee up in San Fransisco of a beautiful Porsche gt3rs.

22877292706_d8e3259f4b_k.jpggt3rs by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Heres a pic i took two weeks ago at a cars and coffee up in San Fransisco of a beautiful Porsche gt3rs.

Beautiful Car, Beautiful City, Beautiful Photo.  There couple spots that i would edit.  There is a sign on the drivers side that I would ty to remove (along with the pole seen in the driver side window); there is the person visible under the spoiler that I would try to edit out.  And I would crop out the car that is (barely) visible on the left hand side. 8/10

Nikon F3 50mm 1.2 @ 1.2  The out of focus areas are kinda swirly but I don't mind it too much...

Thanksgiving2015-24-X2.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Beautiful Car, Beautiful City, Beautiful Photo.  There couple spots that i would edit.  There is a sign on the drivers side that I would ty to remove (along with the pole seen in the driver side window); there is the person visible under the spoiler that I would try to edit out.  And I would crop out the car that is (barely) visible on the left hand side. 8/10

Nikon F3 50mm 1.2 @ 1.2  The out of focus areas are kinda swirly but I don't mind it too much...

If I didn't see the 50mm - I would have sworn you were using one of these: http://shop.lomography.com/en/lenses/art-lenses/newpetzval58-brass

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

7/10. I don't like those spots,where is not focus,but that is not a big deal.

http://imgur.com/IzahVju

7/10 nicely centered

6/10 

Great view but lacks focus!

21czfaq.jpg

6/10 

-snip-

Really cool shot. Nice Exposure. I like the crane (red thing) in the foreground. The buildings that are at the very top of the shot and further away are muddy (for lack of a better word).

8.75/10

23099613235_7d669cd659_k.jpg

Edit: Sony A7R w/ 55mm f1.8 Zeiss lens. F1.8, 1/400, ISO 1600

6/10 

Yes unfortunately it was a very windy night which was enough to effect it even with the tripod.

7/10 - Conceptually really cool, but too dark and the crane off to the left weakens it a bit. Would be interesting to see during dusk/dawn.

-52-

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm Prime --- F1.8, 1/2500, ISO 100 

I'm sorry but that almost looks like CGI

anyways 8/10 lighting would definitely benefit the car later in the day and the depth of field would really work better just focusing on the road and front of the car

Really cool shot. Nice Exposure. I like the crane (red thing) in the foreground. The buildings that are at the very top of the shot and further away are muddy (for lack of a better word).

8.75/10

-53-

9.5/10, less dramatic depth of field could really help out to be honest

gotta admit, these photos look good

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8.75/10

7.5/10 - I like the idea of around the house shots, but I feel like you could've brought the subject closer and that would've gave it more pop.

GQRnZWA.jpg

Nikon D3200 w/ kit lens

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

@Aruxx

I like this a lot.  You were able to freeze the car and get some nice blur in the background.  My only complaint is the focus seems a little off.  It looks to be focused on the left rear window.  

7/10

22980251722_d88d09bfe2_b.jpgDSC_0047 by Rob M, on Flickr

Keeping with the car theme.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@Aruxx

I like this a lot.  You were able to freeze the car and get some nice blur in the background.  My only complaint is the focus seems a little off.  It looks to be focused on the left rear window.  

7/10

DSC_0047 by Rob M, on Flickr

Keeping with the car theme.

Im gona have to say 6/10, cool car, but the composition just is not there.

Sticking with the car theme, here is a orange huracan

22511297964_c2f19f5f33_k.jpgorangehuracan edit by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

7.5/10 - I like the idea of around the house shots, but I feel like you could've brought the subject closer and that would've gave it more pop.

Nikon D3200 w/ kit lens

That was the closest my lens could focus b/c it's a 55mm prime

Im gona have to say 6/10, cool car, but the composition just is not there.

Sticking with the car theme, here is a orange huracan

-snipp-

orangehuracan edit by Tauss ., on Flickr

9/10, I really like the colors and the extreme focus on the car.

Moving away from cars but sticking to vehicles, here's a photo I shot on the iPhone 6 (my failed attempt at a "into-the-mist" photo) with a bit of editing:

23164368781_6824afa8f5_k.jpgR68 at Kings Highway by Nutty LTT, on Flickr

9/10, I really like the colors and the extreme focus on the car.

6.5/10 

Great contrast in colors but i'd say it would look better focused on the signal in the foreground rather than the train in the background!

Could be a little sharper too but that's down to it being a phone not photographer skill!

etdyjt.jpg

A 75 meter tower crane with the London Dome in the background. 

A 75 meter tower crane with the London Dome in the background. 

10/10 for interesting-ness.

10/10 for colors and sharpness. 

6/10 for composition. 

I love industrial stuff - so the subject is great. However, my eyes are guided to the bottom of the crane rather than "altair" crouching over the control box, or even the city lights. There may or may not have been a better vantage point. It does give a sense of height, and does send chills up my spine when looking.

22872908850_cd7f3ee10c_h.jpgUntitled by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200