Rate the Photo Above you

Got a few photos coming up over my next few visits here that I've taken on my sony Xperia Z3, I'm trying to test out how good the phones camera is.

Kinda boring to be honest. Single colour, not really much foreground/background, and subject is a bit plain. Quality is quite good for a phone camera though.

Took a bunch of photos like this today using a single light and a diffuser. Didn't really have that much light overall so still some motion blur from the lower shutter speed.

w0UUzvG.jpg

Kinda boring to be honest. Single colour, not really much foreground/background, and subject is a bit plain. Quality is quite good for a phone camera though.

Took a bunch of photos like this today using a single light and a diffuser. Didn't really have that much light overall so still some motion blur from the lower shutter speed.

8/10, looks good but i really wish the droplets where in focus a bit better.

here is a picture i too while hiking a few days ago

UeeUuiP.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

9/10 super sharp, still don't know how you do that!

I'm currently at a lodge-like thingy in the middle of a forest, right next to a lake! Great skies, and no city nearbye. (btw near Reno, in a place called Donnor lake, which yes. Has a lot of trains near bye)

First try at astrophotography

JI8LuHs.jpg

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

9/10 super sharp, still don't know how you do that!

I'm currently at a lodge-like thingy in the middle of a forest, right next to a lake! Great skies, and no city nearbye. (btw near Reno, in a place called Donnor lake, which yes. Has a lot of trains near bye)

First try at astrophotography

9/10 Damn, nice clear stars, with the tree helping to make it that bit more interesting.What was the exposure and ISO used for it?

This is one of the number of pictures I took on my Z3 during my trip to the park the other day. This is probably one of the best I took.

bu5oNQo.jpg

In this spoiler is the photo that I took of the same scene using the superior auto mode, just to allow you to compare manual and superior auto mode on the Z3.

8Km9c60.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

9/10 Damn, nice clear stars, with the tree helping to make it that bit more interesting.What was the exposure and ISO used for it?

ISO 900, 30 Seconds exposure, f4.5 unfortunately :C

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

This is one of the number of pictures I took on my Z3 during my trip to the park the other day. This is probably one of the best I took.

-snip2-

8/10 looks very nice, like like the depth and focus on the subject when viewed directly.(giving points on that)

but when i click the image it goes to it's full resolution, showing all the small mistakes, like the slighlty blurred leaves meaning a longer shutter time(1sec+)

I would recommand to resize the image a bit in the future, because mostly image's get their mark/rate based on the full view, so having a very big picture like now will show all imperfactions.

on the second pic, for normal people it will do, it seems to be true to a realistic view, but that isnt good enough for most here =p

my intake this time:

some nice spring/summer flowers, sadly it's pixelated again, guess i hit my limit with my DSLR/glass or Im doing something wrong when resizing in photoshop.

still send it in because despite the imperfections it still looks sweet and fits the current season, the season of hay fever and other allergic reactions =)

post-54592-0-01770600-1428776221.jpg

edit:

lol, forgot to remove the upper piece of canvas in photoshop.... ohh well

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

my intake this time:

some nice spring/summer flowers, sadly it's pixelated again, guess i hit my limit with my DSLR/glass or Im doing something wrong when resizing in photoshop.

still send it in because despite the imperfections it still looks sweet and fits the current season, the season of hay fever and other allergic reactions =)

6/10 

The object is too central and the chromatic aberration is a bit distracting. Is the image cropped? 

post-160594-0-87399800-1428783252.jpg

6/10 

The object is too central and the chromatic aberration is a bit distracting. Is the image cropped?

yup... it's cropped, self bit better imo.

got to agree on the chromatic aboration too, didnt notice myeslf before though

6/10 

Very nice bokeh, would've liked the focus a little bit closer (maybe smaller aperture?), nice subject. 8/10

I3diimS.jpg

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

Very nice bokeh, would've liked the focus a little bit closer (maybe smaller aperture?), nice subject. 8/10

8/10, awesome landscape photo, I just wish the trees where a bit sharper though

85iAqKl.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

8/10, awesome landscape photo, I just wish the trees where a bit sharper though

Reallly love the focus on the subject, the bokeh action is good overall not bad 8.5/10

oNj6h4r.jpg

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

9/10 Rather of interesting. Like the flowers in the bottom of the shot.

I have a few I took on a trip up north to the Brainerd area of Minnesota, I progressively upload them as I see fit...

Here are the first two... Taken with my sort of potato. (2014 Moto G)

22B1kMx.jpg?1

i8ReGsZ.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7/10 the bottom one feels over exposed to me but i guess that cant be helped as it was a very bright dfay by the look of it.

-snips-

9/10 Rather of interesting. Like the flowers in the bottom of the shot.

I have a few I took on a trip up north to the Brainerd area of Minnesota, I progressively upload them as I see fit...

Here are the first two... Taken with my sort of potato. (2014 Moto G)

-snips-

got nothing to contribute currently, but can you guys please stick to the rules/idea a bit with 1 picture a time?^^ makes it easier to rate for others and keep track

SNIP

WAIT A SECOND! Where did I just quote from?! This was the last image her for me and then when I posted there was like another 14 days worth of images here!! Well none the less, here is a critique of the image...

The colours look great and the snow looks a nice crisp whitey blue which is perfect. The only thing that isnt as appealing is the brick wall and whatever is in the bottom right (guessing its a wing mirror). Both of these detract from the images splendor... I would give this 6/10 as the focus and colours look great!

7/10 the bottom one feels over exposed to me but i guess that cant be helped as it was a very bright dfay by the look of it.

IMG_0577-1 by Angst92, on Flickr

IMG_0593-1 by Angst92, on Flickr

First image looks good! Nice focus, the exposure could do with a tad brightening but not by a lot...

The second image the same, however I would brighten it a lot more. The purples look quite dark.

First image would get 7.5/10 and the second would get 6.5/10

Here are two from me. These were from Friday afternoon when I went down to a local trails with a friend!

17100479462_3ccafa7c2a_z.jpg

Not foot Can - Alex Coveney by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16915803759_136b7d7f9a_z.jpg

Whip - Alex Coveney by Mat Teague, on Flickr

WAIT A SECOND! Where did I just quote from?! This was the last image her for me and then when I posted there was like another 14 days worth of images here!! Well none the less, here is a critique of the image...

The colours look great and the snow looks a nice crisp whitey blue which is perfect. The only thing that isnt as appealing is the brick wall and whatever is in the bottom right (guessing its a wing mirror). Both of these detract from the images splendor... I would give this 6/10 as the focus and colours look great!

First image looks good! Nice focus, the exposure could do with a tad brightening but not by a lot...

The second image the same, however I would brighten it a lot more. The purples look quite dark.

First image would get 7.5/10 and the second would get 6.5/10

Here are two from me. These were from Friday afternoon when I went down to a local trails with a friend!

Not foot Can - Alex Coveney by Mat Teague, on Flickr

Whip - Alex Coveney by Mat Teague, on Flickr

Actually, it's an information sign. Couldn't get cars up that place. ;) 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

got nothing to contribute currently, but can you guys please stick to the rules/idea a bit with 1 picture a time?^^ makes it easier to rate for others and keep track

I know but it's a lot better than doing all six. Though two isn't that bad...

Anyways @the pokemon kid  - Interesting... 8/10 (both)

- Here's another taken on my sort of potato Moto G 2014 (also @angst92 I'm suspecting that that sort of discoloration in the corner is reflection of light from either the windshield or the car itself (I was by the car when I took that photo))

68K2ggk.jpg

I know but it's a lot better than doing all six. Though two isn't that bad...

Anyways @the pokemon kid  - Interesting... 8/10 (both)

- Here's another taken on my sort of potato Moto G 2014 (also @angst92 I'm suspecting that that sort of discoloration in the corner is reflection of light from either the windshield or the car itself (I was by the car when I took that photo))

68K2ggk.jpg

i cant believe the quality you get from a phone 9/10 only because there is not much detail in the shadows (but that's the phones fault)

this is one i took around winter time just out side my collage 

post-193901-0-41662200-1428858756_thumb.

this is one on the best photos i have ever got of my cat (it also has room for captions  ;))

Rate photo above you please.

Edit. Wait a minute... LOL

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Rate photo above you please.

Edit. Wait a minute... LOL

Wait what?  He still needs to rate the photo above him.. 

Wait what?  He still needs to rate the photo above him.. 

Yes, he must rate his own photo.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Yes, he must rate his own photo.

Oh lol

Much productive such photo - NaN for me to technically judge so... Ovar 9000! 

Moar Moto G 2014 photos... I feel like for whatever reason the horizon is sliding/slanted...

4GGnZeD.jpg

Another one I took on my trip to North-Central Minnesota, this is Mille Lacs lake and yeah...  

Much productive such photo - NaN for me to technically judge so... Ovar 9000! 

Moar Moto G 2014 photos... I feel like for whatever reason the horizon is sliding/slanted...

-IMAGE-

Another one I took on my trip to North-Central Minnesota, this is Mille Lacs lake and yeah...  

To be honest I don't like your composition, but it's good quality photo considering it's from Moto G, I also like the look of the clouds 6.5/10

Should I have cropped this just above the bend on the tree? It would look cleaner, but in my opinion this way it's a little bit more unique. What do you think?

B7ORI4o.jpg?1

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/