Rate the Photo Above you

Focus is fantastic, I really like the idea, But the framing is just not that great its very distracting I feel the sun takes my eyes away from the sky and tree... I just do not feel pulled to the photo. 5.5/10 

This is a 100% unedited photo I got this weekend!

16382144812_2cc6ebef85_h.jpgIMG_8094 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

Composition is alright - subject doesn't stand out enough though. Because of the snow, the image is somewhat underexposed - note for next time if you're shooting in snow remember to put in exposure compensation of about +1EV. Other than that, concept is good but I would shoot this during golden hour - which isn't as easy with closing ski slopes and the like but ... 

IMG_0007.jpg

System: Corsair 500R | i7 4770k | Coolermaster 212 Evo | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Windforce R9 290 | Evo 840 250GB | Barracuda 2TB | Barracuda 3TB | Dell U2410 LG 23EA63V 

wow so many subjects to take photos of in hongkong,I would of made the photo wider so you can see more of the mountain background but overall good photo i r8 7/8

16376565721_4f50c52173_b.jpg

_MG_1419-Edit by SLYMURA, on Flickr

hellooooooooo

@Blade of Grass this thread of yours has taken off quite well. Tis interesting, when you started this thread, in 2013, you weren't even a Moderator yet.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Blade of Grass this thread of yours has taken off quite well. Tis interesting, when you started this thread, in 2013, you weren't even a Moderator yet.

And I love it. My photos are here too. :)

Very nice image and you got great clouds. Few spots on the sky tho. I'm not sure if you left some of the blacks unused, but it looks good anyhow. 9/10.

Got some Nixie tubes :)

16763_DSC07392.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Very nice image and you got great clouds. Few spots on the sky tho. I'm not sure if you left some of the blacks unused, but it looks good anyhow. 9/10.

Got some Nixie tubes :)

Wow. That looks really cool not sure what it is... I love the color and focus its really spot on. My eyes are really pulled to the center and the light without a cover.Only thing I do not like is the light on the right was all in frame! 9/10

Another unedited photo from a ski trip hahaha we got to ride up on the back of a snow cat and when sitting on it snapped this picture. 

16203674850_0035e7d315_h.jpgIMG_5791111 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Wow. That looks really cool not sure what it is... I love the color and focus its really spot on. My eyes are really pulled to the center and the light without a cover.Only thing I do not like is the light on the right was all in frame! 9/10

Another unedited photo from a ski trip hahaha we got to ride up on the back of a snow cat and when sitting on it snapped this picture. 

IMG_5791111 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

8/10 Great picture, nice quality but all the shade kinda ruins it :/

fdyp95yl.jpg

@MattP123

5/10  It would be a better shot if you got the whole pair of headphones in the the frame.  Also the bottom of the letters 250 ohm are out of focus.  Its slightly distracting to have the words fade out of focus.

16296146762_3d314a3c0b_b.jpgFisherman by r.macrae, on Flickr

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@MattP123

5/10  It would be a better shot if you got the whole pair of headphones in the the frame.  Also the bottom of the letters 250 ohm are out of focus.  Its slightly distracting to have the words fade out of focus.

Fisherman by r.macrae, on Flickr

Woah! 

Wow!

This is fantastic love the idea for this shot. Focus and framing is near perfect....The only thing that really is taking away from it is the black thing on the right is a touch out of focus. 9.5/10 its so really really close to perfect in my eyes!

16203479048_2110e263cb_h.jpgIMG_8166 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

@upliftsleet1974

Thanks.  I got some good shots on that trip but that's the best one.  It was hard to compose good shots when I was trying to fish too.  Almost lost my camera when we hit a particularly big wave.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

8/8 m8 framing on point. i would edit the photo and add more vibrance/clarity and sharpness to make the clouds pop

16144165680_6da1962317_b.jpg

Grinders Coffee Shop by SLYMURA, on Flickr

hellooooooooo

8/8 m8 framing on point. i would edit the photo and add more vibrance/clarity and sharpness to make the clouds pop

Grinders Coffee Shop by SLYMURA, on Flickr

I am really bad at editing so I just don't do it :( I have lightroom and PS just am so so bad with them :(

I am really bad at editing so I just don't do it :( I have lightroom and PS just am so so bad with them :(

I can teach you 2-3 quick things in Lightroom, it's not that bad.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Great photo mate!

Nice photo! :)

@MattP123

16296146762_3d314a3c0b_b.jpgFisherman by r.macrae, on Flickr

The focus on that rod and the blurred background looks fantastic, great work mate! :)

I hope you don't mind but I had a quick go at touching up your photo just to try and help. Of course feel free to disagree with any of the changes but this is what I essentially did.

I removed the plant at the bottom of the image as I feel it is distracting - this was done with the content aware tool in Photoshop (to use select the part of the image to remove then press backspace)

I have increased the saturation a little to make it "pop" a bit more as well as the clarity to do the same (be careful here as you may introduce noise, I seem to have added a bit and the compression makes it worse.). I have also brought up the highlights a bit to brighten up the snow. You also seem to have a bit of sensor dust on your camera which I removed again with the content aware tool.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1QNhsYJudg7TEJaOU9ncWZSMlE/view?usp=sharing

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

I hope you don't mind but I had a quick go at touching up your photo just to try and help. Of course feel free to disagree with any of the changes but this is what I essentially did.

I removed the plant at the bottom of the image as I feel it is distracting - this was done with the content aware tool in Photoshop (to use select the part of the image to remove then press backspace)

I have increased the saturation a little to make it "pop" a bit more as well as the clarity to do the same (be careful here as you may introduce noise, I seem to have added a bit and the compression makes it worse.). I have also brought up the highlights a bit to brighten up the snow. You also seem to have a bit of sensor dust on your camera which I removed again with the content aware tool.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1QNhsYJudg7aWpiekZKV29YYjQ/view?usp=sharing

Wow!! That looks fantastic!

Can I get the full rez of it? 

Wow!! That looks fantastic!

Can I get the full rez of it? 

Here's a link with the noise dealt with. I can't really do better than a full quality Jpeg without a MASSIVE file size. Just open it and click download at the top:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

Here's a link with the noise dealt with. I can't really do better than a full quality Jpeg without a MASSIVE file size. Just open it and click download at the top:

Would you want to take a swing at it with the RAW? I only shoot in raw so I have it haha.

Would you want to take a swing at it with the RAW? I only shoot in raw so I have it haha.

The thing is, you cannot keep it in RAW format and still touch it up in Photoshop (Eg. Content-Aware delete). That image is full res so it shouldn't be much different colour wise. 

The thing is, you cannot keep it in RAW format and still touch it up in Photoshop (Eg. Content-Aware delete). That image is full res so it shouldn't be much different colour wise. 

Non destructive editing FTW

Non destructive editing FTW

What do you think about a new thread called "edit my picture"?

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Was just trying to help out a little when I saw @upliftsleet1974's post.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Was just trying to help out a little when I saw @upliftsleet1974's post.

May @upliftsleet1974 start the thread.

I had no problem with doing it here but a new thread would keep things sorted.