Rate the Photo Above you

5 hours ago, Kimmers said:

Beautiful colors! I've heard people complain about Sony colors but it looks good to me!

This is only my second time shooting astro and I wish I had lowered my ISO cuz the image is a bit noisy. Anyway. Milky way core on the left, Saturn in the middle, and the bright thing on the right is Mars.

8/10, nice composition, but i feel its a bit too noisy and just a bit over exposed. Great choice of location though, not much if any hint of light pollution. Maybe drop the iso down some more next time and if you have access to one, use a wider lens but only if it has a similar or faster aperture.

Here's one i took a bit ago at a cars and coffee of a Rolls-Royce emblem on my xpro with a 58mm lens

DSCF7232-Edit.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

8/10 It looks like theres a blue colour cast which I find distracting - perhaps try in black and white.

I took this using a 105mm macro lens, full natural light from a window. Was experimenting with a new lens.

_D__0310.JPG

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

8/10 It looks like theres a blue colour cast which I find distracting - perhaps try in black and white.

I took this using a 105mm macro lens, full natural light from a window. Was experimenting with a new lens.

-snip-

6.5/10 theres just something really bugging me about the composition of this shot.  I think you should've either attempted to get the whole watch face in, or cut it on in a way that would put the middle of the watch closer to the bottom right corner.  Black and white might've enhanced the image too, but I'm just nitpicky.

20160612-DSC_0012.jpg

D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF @ f/1.8 ISO 100 1/100s

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

On 6/14/2016 at 0:05 PM, Aruxx said:

6.5/10 theres just something really bugging me about the composition of this shot.  I think you should've either attempted to get the whole watch face in, or cut it on in a way that would put the middle of the watch closer to the bottom right corner.  Black and white might've enhanced the image too, but I'm just nitpicky.

D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF @ f/1.8 ISO 100 1/100s

8/10 not sure what constructive criticism to give. the grass in the background is a bit distracting but not sure how you would remedy that situation 

IMG_4028.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

8 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

8/10 not sure what constructive criticism to give. the grass in the background is a bit distracting but not sure how you would remedy that situation 

-snip-

6/10. A picture should be just as much about the subject as is about the technicality and skill of the shot. You have good focus and detail. I'm not sure if it's been color corrected or edited in post or the cloudy conditions affecting the shot, but it seems as if the saturation got bumped down a bit. I love cars, but this shot doesn't really speak to me per say.

Now my shot, plus a bonus pic:

Sunrise in Grand Canyon National Park! Taken from the bottom of Plateau Point at 5:50 AM after hiking down Bright Angel Trail. Started my hike at 3:00 AM and reached Plateau Point at about 5:45. This picture was taken facing approximately the West side of the canyon.

jFtuSYi.jpg?1

Bonus Pic:

Spoiler

ZrQaKCM.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

21 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

6/10. A picture should be just as much about the subject as is about the technicality and skill of the shot. You have good focus and detail. I'm not sure if it's been color corrected or edited in post or the cloudy conditions affecting the shot, but it seems as if the saturation got bumped down a bit. I love cars, but this shot doesn't really speak to me per say.

Sunrise in Grand Canyon National Park! Taken from the bottom of Plateau Point at 5:50 AM after hiking down Bright Angel Trail. Started my hike at 3:00 AM and reached Plateau Point at about 5:45. This picture was taken facing approximately the West side of the canyon.

Bonus Pic:

Reveal hidden contents

ZrQaKCM.jpg

Ill let someone else rate your pic but just to answer that is not what the pic looks like on my computer for what ever reason the website seemed to make the image a bit more brown. this is what it really should look like a bit darker than the classic ferrari red  (its uploaded to imgur instead of this site now) 

8uefR9m.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

28 minutes ago, Ceri-PhotoART said:

6/10, a nice photo however I feel there is no clear focus on what the eye is looking at, is t the headlight detail the sugerlaggera badge the grill... A slight change ion composition and depth of field is needed to give the shot a more focused feel. I would also crush the blacks a little more and boost the highlights to give more dynamic lighting.

My photo, unfortunately the compesition isnt 100% to my liking but there were limiting factors due to the surrounding environment

Composite image of 3 1EV exposures

16mm @f2.8

7/10 Great scene. I just personally have found that on beaches its better to bring the clarity down a bit as it starts to look a little to unrealistic and a bit jagged. Just out of curiosity where was that photo taken?

another one of mine with Dji phantom 3

jRUytfp.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ceri-PhotoART said:

This is Dominican Republic, Carrbean

I have been there one of my relatives has a house down there 

5 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

7/10 Great scene. I just personally have found that on beaches its better to bring the clarity down a bit as it starts to look a little to unrealistic and a bit jagged. Just out of curiosity where was that photo taken?

another one of mine with Dji phantom 3

jRUytfp.jpg

6/10

IMG_0255.JPG

9 hours ago, Ceri-PhotoART said:

6/10, a nice photo however I feel there is no clear focus on what the eye is looking at, is t the headlight detail the sugerlaggera badge the grill... A slight change ion composition and depth of field is needed to give the shot a more focused feel. I would also crush the blacks a little more and boost the highlights to give more dynamic lighting.

My photo, unfortunately the compesition isnt 100% to my liking but there were limiting factors due to the surrounding environment

Composite image of 3 1EV exposures

16mm @f2.8

-snip-

You messed up. I already rated that photo, he just reposted it as the colors were modified due to compression on the hosting site. 

Anyway, heres mine, again:

23 hours ago, ionbasa said:

jFtuSYi.jpg?1

Bonus Pic:

Reveal hidden contents

ZrQaKCM.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

On 6/16/2016 at 5:34 PM, SuicideAnomaly said:

IMG_0255.JPG

Maybe not cute or cool but interesting. So 9/10.

20160619_202617.jpg

I feel like if mention what camera this was taken on (hint: it was a phone if you don't look to the settings this was shot at) it might disgrace it. But I will explain why it might seem really low res or just kinda crappy. So I was trying to take this photo of some clouds where the sun was setting through because it was part of a storm system rolling in.  But in like all of the shots I got of this there were some people in it, and I didn't really want them there (If I would've known that I could've shot more towards the left to try to get them out of frame but the problem was there was a fishing dock to my left so I didn't really want that in frame either. So I tried cropping stuff out. But I'm only working with 16 megapixels so this cropped photo is about 5.8 megapixels)

f/1.9 - ISO320 - 1/500 - 4.3mm

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 hours ago, wcreek said:

20160619_202617.jpg

6/10. I like the fiery light of the sun. However, the image is just very unclear. Also you could have paid a little more attention to your crop - the leaves at the top right are kind of distracting...

Recently I have tried to take some macros of bugs on the yard.

DSC04019.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

20 hours ago, Tam3n said:

6/10. I like the fiery light of the sun. However, the image is just very unclear. Also you could have paid a little more attention to your crop - the leaves at the top right are kind of distracting...

Recently I have tried to take some macros of bugs on the yard.

DSC04019.jpg

Looks nice, sharp spider, blurry grass. 8/10

Here is a photo I took during the "Luchtmachtdagen 2016" in my country. Its a demo/airshow event organised by the Dutch Airforce. This is a photo of the Italian airdemo team "Frecce Tricolori". I would like to hear what you guys think of it. Shot on a Canon 7d

large.IMG_8857EDITED.JPG.bdc65ea89e7c5ad

"The Rusher" - Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro WiFi AC CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 240m RAM: Gskill TridentX 16gb 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB OC Edition Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb // WD Blue 1tb PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 650w Case: Coolermaster CM 690 III Window + NZXT Blue LED's

^  6/10 I would have tried to get a shot where they were more uniform. It also seems like the colors may be washed out and some grain in the sky. Maybe it's just the smoke the used too. Just feels like it's missing that bit of definition it needs too. Not a bad photo, I haven't shot airshows or airplanes or air shows before so I don't how difficult it actually is. Good Work, keep shooting!

Since we're on the subject of Italy.  Spire from atop, Duomo di Milano. Cathedral of Milan, just last month. 

Duomo Points.png

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

8 hours ago, craydawg said:

^  6/10 I would have tried to get a shot where they were more uniform. It also seems like the colors may be washed out and some grain in the sky. Maybe it's just the smoke the used too. Just feels like it's missing that bit of definition it needs too. Not a bad photo, I haven't shot airshows or airplanes or air shows before so I don't how difficult it actually is. Good Work, keep shooting!

Since we're on the subject of Italy.  Spire from atop, Duomo di Milano. Cathedral of Milan, just last month. 

7.5/10 I would have darken the background a bit in post just to put a little more emphasis on the foreground  

IMG_3198.jpg

On 6/21/2016 at 9:58 PM, Maybach123 said:

7.5/10 I would have darken the background a bit in post just to put a little more emphasis on the foreground  

8/10

Pretty good.

And I'm back! With my LG G3, of course.

http://i.imgur.com/PwN4W8Y.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

On 25 June 2016 at 3:34 PM, Quix said:

7/10 decent photo, personally I feel it lacks a subject but what do I know I just started photography.

7/10 nice exposure, not the best angle for car light trails though in my opinion but still nice!

26551675874_e55fe868c8_h.jpg

by Jordan Cormack, on Flickr

5/10 Expose feels flat and more to be desired. Prefer wide format to tall formats as well. Some work in post could really change this is shot. 

Another from Italy, this time Lake Como.  This is one of my better pictures from my phone at a place I stopped for dinner. 

Lake Como Table LTT Entry.png

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

15 hours ago, craydawg said:

There's a lack of highlights, too bad, with a nice open scenery like that. Also I can see you were going some sort of comfy feeling, but the composition is a bit awkward with the table and the tree.

4/10

IMG_1688-1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Guy_guy said:

There's a lack of highlights, too bad, with a nice open scenery like that. Also I can see you were going some sort of comfy feeling, but the composition is a bit awkward with the table and the tree.

4/10

6/10 I cant tell who the subject is. But i like the photo. especially the eurofighter typhoon.

IMG_2616.jpg

2 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

6/10 I cant tell who the subject is. But i like the photo. especially the eurofighter typhoon.

IMG_2616.jpg

6/10, nice image but a bit blurry.IMG_20160626_094102.jpg Took this near a factory where a live; split between industry and wildlife

On 6/27/2016 at 8:35 PM, alfie_fogg1502 said:

6/10, nice image but a bit blurry.Took this near a factory where a live; split between industry and wildlife

I really love this shot. Seems like you got excellent timing on that shot as it's very cloudy on the left and sunny on the right. The lensflare makes it look even more alive. Btw: is that natural lensflare or did you edit it in? A bit more sharpness would have been nice, otherwise 9.5/10.

Here is my photo consisting of 7 photos originally (thats why the stars are not consistent). It was about 1 a.m. when the moon raised behind the mountains. In the foreground you can see a bit of that campingsite we were staying at.

Shots were taken at 20s/f13/ISO100

Moon.png

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

4 hours ago, SQZY98 said:

I really love this shot. Seems like you got excellent timing on that shot as it's very cloudy on the left and sunny on the right. The lensflare makes it look even more alive. Btw: is that natural lensflare or did you edit it in? A bit more sharpness would have been nice, otherwise 9.5/10.

Here is my photo consisting of 7 photos originally (thats why the stars are not consistent). It was about 1 a.m. when the moon raised behind the mountains. In the foreground you can see a bit of that campingsite we were staying at.

Shots were take at 20s/f13/ISO100

-snip-

7/10 I really like the dramatic look of the picture, but the thing that ruins it is the civilization at the bottom.  

20160602-DSC_0011.jpg

Nikon D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015