Gigabyte BRIX Gaming

I would put a GTX 750 Ti  in there instead of the 760

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Personally i don't really get it why they want to make something THAT small. They could make it just a little bigger, like a small console, but maybe slimmer. 
Also i would think the 750ti would be a better choice, but i bet Gigabyte knows bettter than me haha :P

yeah pop in a couple of NF-A6x25 see how they go . It looks like there are twin 60mm fans in it  given its barely 60mm thick

What is the Linux support like? I'd be interested in seeing a video where you try out Ubuntu or Steam OS on the BRIX.

I'm actually super keen on seeing more Linux benchmarks on the products you review. Even if you just gave it a test for five minutes as a note at the end of the video.

Linus did make a video about the Zotac EN760 which had a GTX 860M which is basically a GTX 750 Ti in a nutshell but didn't provide any benchmarks or full review.

Maybe it's time to do a follow-up episode/video for it? It'll be good to see the comparison, not just in terms of FPS, but also in terms of thermals and consistency of clock speeds.

Main Machine: Core i7 2600K, 12GB RAM, GTX 970 SLI, P8P67M-PRO, Fractal Define R3, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WDC Green, Windows 10    Laptop: MBP 13" Retina 2014 Haswell: 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, OS X El Capitan

Piano Recording Rig: Compaq HP 6200 SFF Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Zotac GTX 750 Low Profile OC, Windows 7 Pro

Available Spare Parts: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Can't someone make a 22" screen sized ultra thin gaming pc that you bolt onto the back of a monitor/tv? Because its on the back the form factor shouldn't matter. The case could be one massive heatsink.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Damn! I almost thought I had found the leading source for Wingnuts, damn you Linus!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Perhaps performance could be improved by introducing some outside fans to help with the cooling? Would that work? I don't know.

I think that shows a great potential, but poor-ish execution. I think that if they went for a 750 or 750ti, benefiting from maxwell, it would be a much better build.

why are the links to amazon/ncis so retarded? ffs, dont give me a search link, give me the link to the actual fucking product. 

EDIT: sigh... sorry for the hate guys, that's what happens when you just knew that you failed your math final 

We need shirts that say:

"Ballin'"

"Whaaaat"

"Balls to the Walls"

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

i honesly like a pc the size of a fridge this way its a statment of holy shit that things huge and awesome :)

I remember when the AMD version of this came out. I really wanted it, but I heard that it suffered from heat issues (and I only found one review of it, so that explains a lot)

This kinda makes me want to buy one, maybe if the processor was a bit stronger. Maybe 4 cores would be better.

You want to buy one? Did  you watch the video the CPU does not seem to be the problem as it does not even get to be used because the gpu clock speed is so low.

If they could sort out the thermals and noise, this would actually be a really cool little PC.

Maybe increase the size slightly to fit a larger heatsink and larger, slower fans.
Make the case out of aluminium, to help move more heat away.
Use a 750 Ti instead of the hotter 760.

Consult Noctua when it comes to anything thermal related.

Etc.

So this is an amazing piece of engineering but the Mac Pro (which doesn't overheat or throttle) is overpriced? Classic Windows fanboyism @LinusTech.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Oh, if the GPU throttles like crazy all the time it's not a smart design IMO. Maybe they should have gone with a slightly underclocked/undervolted 750ti. I don't have a problem with a less powerful GPU if it actually performs consistently.

I feel like this would be more compelling if it had a larger form factor (Like console size). I'm not a huge fan of these "ultra small super powerful PCs." It's an impressive feat. I'll give gigabyte that but, it's almost not worth the loss of that much performance out of a GTX 760. Beef up the form factor and keep the same price and I think gigabyte would have had a very hot item. 

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

Hey, if one tried hard enough could ya replace the stock fans with way better ones like Noctua fans

if they made it with a 750ti an could put 60mm  noctuas it'd be insane an probably priced $20 cheaper. I wouldn't minde buying one an making a cooling setup for it. like a stand with a fan on the left an right doing push-pull. You could use the vesa mount to hold it together. 

In the distant future, computers are the size of USBs and you can literally plug it into your oculus and play any games at max settings at 169 Hertz getting 269 FPS... also all segway are created by Linus.

"A very inspirational quote"