Gigabyte BRIX Gaming

WHAT?! A 760 IN THAT? Haven't watched it yet, but I might just go buy one RIGHT now for LAN parties... YOU SHOULD TOO <3

I've watched it now, and sadly, I guess I'll just have to wait for a maxwell remake, hopefully it will work then! *Hopefully 860 desktop will work*

Diamond 5 in League :)

NCIX: bit.ly/1r1Y9Kk

Amazon: http://geni.us/2fbd

Our review of the Gigabyte BRIX Gaming micro-PC is here. This little beast is packing a DESKTOP GTX 760!!! The idea behind this product is awesome, but how does it perform?

I don't really want to know about the heat and noise output of that thing. You gotta make compromises somewhere, whether it be clock speeds or noise + heat. And if it truly is a 1152:96:32 GK104 in that thing, no one says that Gigabyte can't scale clockspeeds back and keep the GTX 760 moniker, because they're the only one with such a solution at the moment.

Yes, a custom GTX 760 in that form factor is impressive, but still. I heard that the A8 + M275X was quite whiny and hot under load due to its tiny fan.

oh dang that size man

that Cube PC heats up very badly especially the AMD A8 version

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hmm... damn man. That throttling is really disappointing, it would be so awesome if it was able to keep cool.

I was worried for a second that my desktop was going to be similarly footed as a handheld brix :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

The Second GameCube has came people. Prepare for Smash.

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

@nicklmg The video is unlisted (was wondering why I couldn't find it under my subscriptions!)... is this normal? (I doubt it)

I love the Gigabyte Brix, I have been thinking of getting one since I first saw one.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Very cool, but not quite right... I wonder how it would perform with a 750Ti instead? (With maxwell, which is much more power efficient)

Okay, the size is remarkable but i'm not buying a pc to throttle.

It wouldn't hurt anyone to make it a tad bigger considering Gigabyte chose the 760 instead of the power efficient 750ti

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

"Whaaaaaaaaaat" - Linus. Hahahaha

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

You know what would be sweet - if they could figure out some sort of water-cooling setup... aww yeah...

@nicklmg The video is unlisted (was wondering why I couldn't find it under my subscriptions!)... is this normal? (I doubt it)

For now, it actually is! All part of the current upload process.

Thanks for the heads up! The video should be public in a few hours (no guarantees on exact timing though).

I remember when the AMD version of this came out. I really wanted it, but I heard that it suffered from heat issues (and I only found one review of it, so that explains a lot)

This kinda makes me want to buy one, maybe if the processor was a bit stronger. Maybe 4 cores would be better.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Greatest Segway ever

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

For now, it actually is! All part of the current upload process.

Thanks for the heads up! The video should be public in a few hours (no guarantees on exact timing though).

Any particular reason for this? Or is it a 'just because we want to' thing...

Maybe a 750Ti would have worked better? Less heat and still very playable 1080p gaming

nvm, somebody already said this

linus why didnt you try switching out the fans for noctuas and see if the temps/noise change. #ballinnoctuas

Who else thought this would be a fun mod project... grab a 140mm rad and make a custom water block, double the size but fix the thermals and hopefully performance ;)

Can't you just switch the fans? O.o