[OC3D] Asus Maximus VII Formula Unboxing Video

Accursed Entity

OC3D uploaded an unboxing & preview video of this board. Now, I'm not a fan of the ROG colors(red & black) but holy macaroni this thing is beautiful, or at least in my opinion. I need a good reason to buy it, I'm tempted. What's your opinion on the board? Also, for the owners/ex-owners of ROG boards, care to share your experience with them? Priced right or over priced?

At 8:20 TTL dropping the new board on the table lol

*For aesthetics comparison only.

Maximus VII Formula Z97

1CqzNyV.png

Maximus VI  Formula Z87

2DGGqjG.jpg

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I've got the vi formula this week, the vii formula doesnt bring enough change for me to want to buy it and i dont like the bit around the chipset as much either. Rog boards are very good though

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

I honestly can't see what's changed from the Z87 to Z97 Formula, except SATA-E and M.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I honestly can't see what's changed from the Z87 to Z97 Formula, except SATA-E and M.2

Aesthetically speaking is not a big jump, but I loved how they removed the white and how the Z97 heat sink is now(Check OP for added images). However apart from SATA -E and M.2, we need to remember that these Z97 mobos will also be used for Broadwell CPUs as well. So we're going to have Z97 mobos for quite some time.

How's that MPower working for you? Would you recommend it?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

The overall design is gorgeous and powerful. However, it is disappointing that the M.2 socket is not integrated into the board like the Hero.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the ROG Armor of the VII model looks gaudy.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Sweet thank you for posting. I havent been to OC3D's channel in a couple of weeks.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

We shall find out soon enough, I know that all of the fan connectors are PWM and Z97 will be compatible with Intels next socket 1150 cpu and all "copper" hybrid cooler on new motherboard and PCIe clips are red instead of white and slightly different armor

I currently have the Maximus VI formula, and I am very happy with it. There is one thing to really really consider though if you are thinking of doing a custom watercooling loop:

The Maximus VI has an aluminum waterblock, although Asus has assured us that it has been coated with something to make sure that it doesn't corrode the other waterblocks in your loop if you have anything else made of copper. Aluminum in a custom loop is generally a no-no.

The Maximus VII however, is supposed to have a copper waterblock, which eliminates the corrosion problem completely.

I really like TTL reviews. They are very detailed and in depth. 

This is another pretty good vid, even if it is only a preview.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro