i want one :)

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Wow, what an awesome video! Great work Linus, definitely a tech I'm now going to keep an eye on in the future...

Great video guys. These types of videos are always super fun and refreshing. I enjoy your normal videos but it is nice to see stuff like this every once and a while. Something I like about the videos that aren't focused on the latest computer parts is that they shed light on products that I have sometimes never heard of. 

Keep up the great work!

Thinking of seriously buying one of these to go to work on as its only about a mile and a half from my house. Who needs a car!

What about walking? No?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

This is AWESOME but hell...this is the price of more than half of my next build. that is an insane price.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Interesting product but I cant believe how much it costs.  Hell I can buy a car for that  much.  Admittedly not a very good car.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I had to overcome some reservations against that sort of thing. First thing I thought when I saw this was that this is one the dorkiest things ever - a skateboard for nerds and old people. Kind of like an E-Bike or an automatic shifted car - I usually don't really like unnessecary aids, I'd rather go for the "pure, untainted, solid" experience if that makes any sense ;) . Seeing you ride that thing actually looked pretty cool, though.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I see this as pointless really. I would rather just stick to my good ole board. I see it as kinda being lazy. If your gonna skateboard then do it the right way. 

I get why this is bashed as much as it is, but to me it's not called for.

The Zboard is as Linus primary meant as a form of transportation from A to B, it has close to a 30km range (which gives you over an hour at full speed). But it does so in a fun and engaging way. You really can't compare this to a normal skateboard and alike. If you can't do that, what do you compare it to?

• Segway (Used)
  • Bicycle
  • Moped (Used)
  • Car (Used)
  • Public transport

So what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one?

The Segway is probably the closest comparison to a powered skateboard. However, it's even more expensive than one. Used one can however be found for under $2,000

Bike? Hands down the cheapest, and lowest maintenance. For $1,500 you can get yourself a really nice bike, and maintenance for probably a few years. Or you can just get one for a low-low price and use that.

Moped then? Most likely my second pick on this list. It's easy enough to find a used one, they get great milage and are often cheap to fix. You're able to travel faster, and longer distances, too! Though, you need to pay insurance and such.

Car...? Well, You are able to get one for $1,000. But there are both so many upsides, and downsides to owning one. Practical like nothing else on the list. But comes at a heavy cost. Gas + Insurance is much higher than a scooter/moped.

And then there is Public Transport. Great if you can't have a car/scooter, and need to go distances further than 13~15km. Public Transport is great, as long as the stops are close-ish to where you need to go, and where you are coming from. And you are at the mercy of their schedule, and not your own.

Overall, the best form of transportation is without a doubt a car. But they are crazy expensive to own. You get the most out of a bike. So I don't know, there are many up's and downs with each.

I just can't go on and say "lol zberd r stoopid. Jst get normal sk8bord."

• 3 weeks later...

This belongs on Channel Super Fun. Otherwise great video.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

This belongs on Channel Super Fun. Otherwise great video.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

• 4 months later...

This is going on my christmas list

Just getting into computers, new on the forum, kind of a newb  :)

• 3 years later...

@LinusTech You probably won't see this but if by chance you did, are you still using the board? If so how is it holding up if not why?