IO shields are so hard to install. I need help...

I'm building a new PC with an Z97X Gaming 5 board by Gigabyte in a Corsair 450D and I can't put the stupid IO shield on the board and install it into the case with the standoff screws actually aligned. Am I supposed to put the IO shield in from the outside of the case, the inside of the case, or onto the board first? I'm trying to get it in from the inside of the case first but it's not working too well for me.

Please help, post videos, give instructions, I don't care I just hate IO shields... They should just install a standard IO shield with every available port a motherboard can have in each case.

Inside the case, just simple pop it in. Color facing outside the case, just insert it in the cut out "from the inside".

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I'm building a new PC with an Z97X Gaming 5 board by Gigabyte in a Corsair 450D and I can't put the stupid IO shield on the board and install it into the case with the standoff screws actually aligned. Am I supposed to put the IO shield in from the outside of the case, the inside of the case, or onto the board first? I'm trying to get it in from the inside of the case first but it's not working too well for me.

Please help, post videos, give instructions, I don't care I just hate IO shields... They should just install a standard IO shield with every available port a motherboard can have in each case.

Are you sure you should be building a PC ? I'm kidding, they can be a hassle. You need to line up the shield and press firmly on the middle of all 4 edges, 1 at a time, until you hear/feel them click in place. All four edges should be locked in place before you install the mobo. This is the first thing you do when building a PC.

Spoiler

You put it in from the inside of the case. Push on all 4 corners until you can hear it snap into place.

Okay thanks, I leave that protective rubber outing on right?

then after you get the it on you slide the side of the board with all the ports in first and line it up so that the ports stick through the slots on the i/o and then screw the board into the stand  offs. Hope that helps.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Skip to 23:47 or just click the time to go to the video.

Are you sure you should be building a PC ? I'm kidding, they can be a hassle. You need to line up the shield and press firmly on the middle of all 4 edges, 1 at a time, until you hear/feel them click in place. All four edges should be locked in place before you install the mobo. This is the first thing you do when building a PC.

Alright thanks for the help, honestly every time I've built a PC they've been so annoying to get into the case.

Alright thanks for the help, honestly every time I've built a PC they've been so annoying to get into the case.

Same.

Spoiler

It's held in by friction, so make sure you hear a click. Give it a slight push from the back once you feel you've installed it just to make sure.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If you can't figure out how to install an IO shield, you should probably not be building a PC...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Okay thanks, I leave that protective rubber outing on right?

Pics?

It should just snap in, make sure each corner is in so it is even. Also, they can't pre-install shields on cases because nearly all motherboards are different. They all have different layouts and thus their own shields.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Don't worry about mobo not aligning correctly. When you put screws in, they get it straight again. You might need to give bit push to mobo, though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 year later...

My friend tried to put one in facing the wrong direction then proceeded to trying to hammer it in and then broke the io shield and the case.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x; Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz ; Storage: Corsair MP600 500GB, Kioxia 2TB M.2 ; Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE ; Case: Corsair 4000x White

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9310 i7-1185G7

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra