sapphire=shit?

we have a computer with a sapphire mobo and i am sure it makes the pc extremely slow, i checked all other components and the tests were fine.

did someone of you encounter problems with a sapphire mobo?

when did sapphire make mobos, i thought they only did gpus

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Wow. I didn't know Sapphire did motherboards. Probably a bad sign.

Also, this : 

MOTHERBOARDS DON'T CAUSE PERFORMANCE ISSUES.

Spoiler

pfft, even if sapphire made motherboards... it's prolly overheating, add case fans

Sapphire motherboard.

Damn.

But no, motherboards don't generally cause performance issues. Try again.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

we have a computer with a sapphire mobo and i am sure it makes the pc extremely slow, i checked all other components and the tests were fine.

did someone of you encounter problems with a sapphire mobo?

Well Sapphire aren't really that mainstream like asus, msi or gigabyte. I wouldn't expect the same standard of quality & stability unless they're an underdog like foxconn, asrock evga etc.

when did sapphire make mobos, i thought they only did gpus

You'd be surprised if you look a round ya'know.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Well Sapphire aren't really that mainstream like asus, msi or gigabyte. I wouldn't expect the same standard of quality & stability unless they're an underdog like foxconn, asrock evga etc.

They make some interesting stuff, like the Pure Platinum Z77 and A85XT.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=1040&sgid=1167&pid=1557&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=1181&sgid=1182&pid=1477&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If by not mainstream you mean despite being AMD's no1 GPU partner (and ATi before) and having been in the PC tech game since 2001 then sure, they haven't been around since the 80s like Gb/Asustek/Msi but they're definitely not a company I'd sideline, Sapphire make good products.

I agree with you if you mean just for motherboards and not overall though, but Sapphire is a big name IMO.

I have seen some of their motherboards, i have never heard of anyone have performance issues though with the boards them selfs.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If by not mainstream you mean despite being AMD's no1 GPU partner and having been in the PC tech game since 2001 then sure, they haven't been around since the 80s like Gb/Asustek/Msi but they're definitely not a company I'd sideline, Sapphire make good products.

I agree with you if you mean just for motherboards and not overall though, but Sapphire is a big name IMO.

They do great GPU reskins and overclocks, but MOBOs? Never heard of them doing that until now.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They do great GPU reskins and overclocks, but MOBOs? Never heard of them doing that until now.

Yeah they've made motherboards for years, but like Zotac (who again are not exactly well known to produce motherboards either) I think they sell the majority of them in Asian territories like China.

Yeah they've made motherboards for years, but like Zotac (who again are not exactly well known to produce motherboards either) I think they sell the majority of them in Asian territories like China.

Zotac still exists? I thought they went up in smoke like Biostar.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Zotac still exists? I thought they went up in smoke like Biostar.

Zotac still do Nvidia GPUs, they have custom coolers on up to 780Ti on the market so they do the whole range of Nvidia consumer GPU products pretty much.

They are a large supplier in Asia.

I've read some shit in my time but this..

What's the CPU/OS/Hard drive?

i hope it will work better with the new cpu and mobo

the os is win 7 64bit running 8gb ddr3 corsair ram and the cpu is AMD Athlon II X4 645, another guy said he has a 635 and runs crysis 3, bf3, etc. without problems so it aint a problem the cpu

Zotac still do Nvidia GPUs, they have custom coolers on up to 780Ti on the market so they do the whole range of Nvidia consumer GPU products pretty much.

They are a large supplier in Asia.

Ah that's it. They've disappeared from U.S. markets apart from GPUs (I always buy EVGA or the Gigabyte Windforce in the case of the 750 TI). I thought they were dead and gone. Guess not.

Why does Sapphire only sell AMD GPUs? Wouldn't they make better profit selling from both teams?

I like there X79 motherboard looks sweet. I like the look of the Z77 pretty nice.

52043-00_PURE_BLACK_X79N_C01_63459299976

The amount of pci-e 16x slots is a bit ott but not an ugly board.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Ah that's it. They've disappeared from U.S. markets apart from GPUs (I always buy EVGA or the Gigabyte Windforce in the case of the 750 TI). I thought they were dead and gone. Guess not.

Why does Sapphire only sell AMD GPUs? Wouldn't they make better profit selling from both teams?

Why does EVGA only sell Nvidia?

Neither of the no1 partners for either company sell the competitor's product, maybe some kind of exclusivity deal on the brand name IDK but I'd say EVGA have a pretty valuable reputation.