AMD FX9590 Temperatures and

Hi everyone, as I have got one of these rare processors, and after being used for over a month, I just wanted to share some information about it, as there isn' t much of it on internet atm.

AMD-FX9590-3.jpg

The AMD FX 9590 CPU is actually the most avanced AMD consumer grade processor, which has a 4,7 Ghz standard frequency and a 5Ghz Turbo Core.

Basically they are FX8350 processors that have been handpicked and factory OC to reach that 5Ghz freq.

First of all, I just want to comment that I had lowered the voltage to the CPU, since it came from the factory at 1,5v!!, and this produces a lot of stress to the VRMs. (This causes that only a bunch of motherboards are compatible with this processor)

If you don' t want to get those 5 Ghz you don' t need to have that 1,5v setting, since 4,7 Ghz is 100% stable at 1,36 volts. I think this was only a marketing movement to reach that 5Ghz point.

This is the temperature readings I have with the original frequency, and the core voltage lowered to 1,368 V, with the Turbo Core option disabled.

IDLE Temps (33C /93.2F)

FRBZuyg.png

Voltage/ freq configuration

RU4bH0B.png

Prime95 Load, with a maximum temperature of 64C/147.2F (Ambiental 24C/75.2F) 

dHj5Ci6.png

Testing it at 4,4 Ghz with 1,368 core volts

Here we can see a graph getting from IDLE to a Prime95 full and getting only 59 celsius degrees (138.2 Farenheit) at full charge.

beIJ6su.png
Idle temps 33C/91.4F

8pcxycd.png

And the config

d5DsSG7.png

Hope this can help anybody

Build specs:

AMD FX9590

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0

16 Gb Kingston Hyperx Beast

2x Sapphire R9 270x 4Gb

Corsair H60 cooler

Corsair AX750 PSU

Aerocool Xpredator case

Crucial M500 240 Gb

Cheers

Por Que!!!!!!!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

They really aren't that rare just stupidly priced, only reason I got a FX9370 is because I got it and the liquid cooler cheaper then an FX8350.

They are good temps for a H60 btw, what was the ambient temp and I'm guessing thats idle. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Nice post, I just wanted to point out that I heard 1.5v is perfectly fine with amd cpus, so it should be safe to run it at stock settings (although the temps will get much higher). As @Manny_Cavalera pointed out, the 4.7 ghz target can usually be achieved even with run-of-the-mill 8350s for cheaper.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

First of all, I just want to comment that I had lowered the voltage to the CPU, since it came from the factory at 1,5v!!

1.5V is normal for a heavily overclocked 8350. AMD processors run at much higher voltages than their Intel counterparts. So reducing the voltage wasn't really necessary. But a lower voltage is always nice.

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

i wouldn't call a 9590 rare more likely just un common but those are great temps 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

They really aren't that rare just stupidly priced, only reason I got a FX9370 is because I got it and the liquid cooler cheaper then an FX8350.

They are good temps for a H60 btw, what was the ambient temp and I'm guessing thats idle. 

The ambient temp was 24C/75.2F, and you can see in the first post IDLE Temps and after a Prime95 stress test @ 4,4 and 4,7 Ghz

Nice post, I just wanted to point out that I heard 1.5v is perfectly fine with amd cpus, so it should be safe to run it at stock settings (although the temps will get much higher). As @Manny_Cavalera pointed out, the 4.7 ghz target can usually be achieved even with run-of-the-mill 8350s for cheaper.

Yes, 1,5V it is perfectly fine with the CPU, but after some testing, and using an AIO cooler, the mosfets/VRM area gets at 70C degrees or even more. I have read on the Asus forums that a lot of people literally fried theirs Asus Sabertooth (Military proof tested) getting the mosfets fried and had to RMA them.

BTW I paid less for this CPU than a 8320 costs... There are bargains that you can' t simply avoid hehe

'The AMD FX 9590 CPU is actually the most avanced AMD consumer grade processor'

I don't think so, what made you write that?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yes, 1,5V it is perfectly fine with the CPU, but after some testing, and using an AIO cooler, the mosfets/VRM area gets at 70C degrees or even more. I have read on the Asus forums that a lot of people literally fried theirs Asus Sabertooth (Military proof tested) getting the mosfets fried and had to RMA them.

BTW I paid less for this CPU than a 8320 costs... There are bargains that you can' t simply avoid hehe

I highly doubt you can melt a sabertooth with anything less than 96c, usually anything under 80c is fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Practically no one buying it doesn't make it rare and the only difference from an 8350 is the clock so it isn't anything special.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

If you can get it cheap/almost the same price as the 8350,then why not?

Lord Pantaloons, on 09 Jul 2014 - 7:29 PM, said:

Practically no one buying it doesn't make it rare and the only difference from an 8350 is the clock so it isn't anything special.

What's up with your profile pic?LOL

What's up with your profile pic?LOL

things

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i had an FX-8320 that would clock to 4.73ghz stable with 1.5v on the core and the thing was worth like 120$ when i got it! :D

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

The voltage is fine for the chip, but it can limit which boards are capable of handling it. Even most gaming boards begin to shake at 1.45 volts (at least in my experience) without dedicated active VRM cooling.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

EDIT: Double post wtf?! 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have searched Internet about the safe temperature of this CPU,

but i find different opinion.

When I play get always notification that cpu is over 65C,

so what is the maximum temperature of this CPU?

Reduce voltage help to have lower temperature?

Thank you mah frend

16 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Just one more thing, the 8370, 9370 and 9590 are the same bin. The 8350, 8320 and 8320e are the same bin. 

so what is the max temperature of 9590 CPU?

48 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Apparently they should shut down around 80 degrees Celsius to prevent damage. 

From my own testing with an FX-8350, 70 degrees Celsius is the throttling temp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White