Audiophile grade desktop speakers?

Evostatic343
Go to solution Solved by Evostatic343,

This post has gotten out of hand.... i just ordered a5+ and the audioengine subwoofer. i did my research and im content with my purchase. please stop the dick measuring contest about audiophile gear.

Found the snob!

Enderman isn't being that bad. He is at least willing to have a conversation without it going full-blown argue-mode. I can't really say he's being that snobby, we just took it to private message to stop de-railing the thread.

768278_stock-photo-businessman---on-the-

I'm pretty sure this guy is pointing right at you!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This post has gotten out of hand.... i just ordered a5+ and the audioengine subwoofer. i did my research and im content with my purchase. please stop the dick measuring contest about audiophile gear.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

My mistake? Lol. Found the snob  :P easier than playing spot the vegan.

If you read my past posts I think I give a pretty balanced view on music. Onboard to sound cards to whatever. And if you like heasets, whatever.

IDC.

But it's just people like you who think you're always right, who thinks in this case that their definition is the only correct one, who thinks they can know anything about me from a single sentence, that ticks me off.

A friend of mine tried my more expensive headphone and said he likes his Razer headset better. IDGAF. If that's what he likes, so be it.

Yelling SNOB SNOB SNOB doesn't make you right. Not agreeing with you just means not agreeing with you. Doesn't make me a snob.

Your train of though on the definition was wrong. Enderman pointed it out first, I said the same thing in practice. So what you were objecting to was the fact that I said it in a more blunt way. Which says more about you than me in how you accept criticism.
I wasn't even being overtly douchebaggy. I was pointing out straight out what I thought was wrong with your post and thinking. It's not like I was trying to call you a fucking idiot or something.

Enderman isn't being that bad. He is at least willing to have a conversation without it going full-blown argue-mode. I can't really say he's being that snobby, we just took it to private message to stop de-railing the thread.

Oh look, I was right.

So me not being so nice to your ego makes me a snob.

Gotcha.

Take the butthurt energy and turn it into being right instead of calling random people snobs.

Do you even know what a snob IS?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Sorry... This happens from time to time. People are passionate about audio... Meaning somewhat heated discussions occur. Nobody meant offense and I tried to prevent it from getting too de-railed, although it looks like I made it worse. Sorry :\

You will be very happy with your A5+'s and the subwoofer, really nice!

Moderators please lock the thread.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

we just took it to private message to stop de-railing the thread.

After you already took it off the tracks. All that accomplishes is shutting others out, ie - snobbery.

I'm pretty sure this guy is pointing right at you!

You instantly de-railed the thread by saying OP spend more money or your money is wasted on lesser equipment. Yet others are snobs?

An audiophile is a hi-fi enthusiast. That is all, you don't have to spend $4000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to be an enthusiast, you just have to enjoy your hobby regardless of cost, whether it's with $40 speakers, or $400,000 plutonium powered speakers.  

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Sorry... This happens from time to time. People are passionate about audio... Meaning somewhat heated discussions occur. Nobody meant offense and I tried to prevent it from getting too de-railed, although it looks like I made it worse. Sorry :\

You will be very happy with your A5+'s and the subwoofer, really nice!

I'm not even trolling here. Legitly serious. Why am I a snob? You mean "audiophile snob"? Or a semantics Nazi/snob? Your accusation makes NO SENSE to me.

You instantly de-railed the thread by saying OP spend more money or your money is wasted on lesser equipment. Yet others are snobs?

An audiophile is a hi-fi enthusiast. That is all, you don't have to spend $4000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to be an enthusiast, you just have to enjoy your hobby regardless of cost, whether it's with $40 speakers, or $400,000 plutonium powered speakers.  

I'd agree to that for the most part. But I think technically 'hi-fi' means accurate reproduction which rules out tubes.
I'd just say, an audiophile is a person who is a sound quality enthusiast.

And yeah, on the Enderman point.

Besides, "good" and "audiophile grade" etc are all subjective, very subjective... It's like the word "expensive". $500 is a healthy sum of money for speakers.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

What do you like about the Audioengine A5+ over something like a Krk Rokit 6?

Because I hate disingenuousness, and a Jeep should be ass deep in mud not on a city street. If you follow.

well, this thread was a total disaster. At least the op ended up getting what he wanted. The audio engine a5+ is a great set of speakers

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The OP derailed his own topic by calling speakers 'audiophilic'

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well, this thread was a total disaster. At least the op ended up getting what he wanted. 

aint a disaster if he got what he wanted

The OP derailed his own topic by calling speakers 'audiophilic'

Because a $500 set of speakers isn't more audiophillic than generic PC speakers?

aint a disaster if he got what he wanted

Because a $500 set of speakers isn't more audiophillic than generic PC speakers?

I'm really starting to resent the audio community as a whole. It just seems to get more pricks given how many people are actually in audio sections compared to say, CPU sections. Hydrogenaudio is nice but their focus is always on science, which is a bit removed from the plight of the regular consumer. And lordie I cannot understand half of the stuff in there.

Everybody, head back to ShearMe's chill music thread.

...But don't post in that thread or we'll all start throwing desks and lamps at each other again.

I'm really starting to resent the audio community as a whole. It just seems to get more pricks given how many people are actually in audio sections compared to say, CPU sections. Hydrogenaudio is nice but their focus is always on science, which is a bit removed from the plight of the regular consumer. And lordie I cannot understand half of the stuff in there.

...But don't post in that thread or we'll all star throwing desks and lamps at each other again.

And I thought r/pcmasterrace and /buildapc were little shits, but there is always someone out there to remind me why I hate to be the same species as them.

...But don't post in that thread or we'll all start throwing desks and lamps at each other again.

Tbh, there's as many pricks in other sections as well, yet for some reason it's OK when people tell them they're idiots and that they're wrong.

In the audio subforum, if some wanna be know it all starts spewing shit and someone corrects them, all the sudden it's " THIS IS WHY NOBODY LIKES THE AUDIO SUBFORUM" "LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Tbh, there's as many pricks in other sections as well, yet for some reason it's OK when people tell them they're idiots and that they're wrong.

In the audio subforum, if some wanna be know it all starts spewing shit and someone corrects them, all the sudden it's " THIS IS WHY NOBODY LIKES THE AUDIO SUBFORUM" "LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE"

I've been through all 13800 posts in my overclocking thread and based on that the ratio of people to angry morons is way lower.

Just a note:  the A5+'s are freaking amazing even without a sub.

The subs suggested here are all pretty good pairings, but they're by no means a requirement.  Grab the silicone rubber stands and turn that shit up!

Audiophile = loves sound quality

An audiophile is a person enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction.

And to get the best sound quality and accuracy, you go for studio-grade equipment.

The A5+ are great speakers, but definitely not as accurate as a studio monitor. I mean seriously, it doesn't even have XLR input.

I guess this doesn't mean he isn't an audiophile..(you can still be an audiophile without owning audiophile equipment)...but the A5+ are not audiophile grade, if you get what i mean.

Adam A5+ are studio monitors. The reason they are 'not as accruate' as some is they are not a top of the range model. Also, what's wrong with not having an XLR input? Could be a TRS input and be the exact same 'quality'.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Sorry bro, they're really not.

They are marketed as such, but whether or not you think they're 'worthy' or not is your choice.

They are marketed as such, but whether or not you think they're 'worthy' or not is your choice.

Except for that they aren't....

Audioengine blurb. 

887b477cef070572c903f6cb69b9c02c.png

And KRK's.

17e2fdb81905c3b566f6144cb578f31f.png

Look at the difference. 

Except for that they aren't....

Audioengine blurb.

887b477cef070572c903f6cb69b9c02c.png

And KRK's.

17e2fdb81905c3b566f6144cb578f31f.png

Look at the difference.

(I thought we were talking about Adam Audio A5x monitors. Oh shit.) *sinks slowly into the background....*