how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

It was like 5 years ago. I wanted to know how to install windows on a non-OS machine  :ph34r:

A long time ago, I was searching for a new case... saw a lot of reviews since then :P 

He reviewed a graphics card I wanted, and found him hilarious.

I was looking for a new headset/mouse about a year and a half ago and I found one of his videos. I really liked the format so I watched all of his videos and it really helped me decide what I wanted to buy. Keep making these videos they're awesome!!

I think it was when I was about to build my computer and needed some help with what components to use back in 2011. Stumbled upon a video of Linus for some product I was looking into at the moment. Liked the video and followed the channel on and off since then.

It was beginning of 2011 when I was buying my first PC, I watched almost all his reviews about all kinds of products. I actually liked quality of his videos and personality. Nowadays I love his techquickie videos, those keep me coming back.

im curious. tbh one day i was scrolling the recommended videos and i found linus so i thought to myself what a wacko name then i realized that linus was the best internet discovery of my entire life <3

I'm in the same boat as Swndlr. I was just simply browsing recommended and there was a WAN show video there. Clicked the link and haven't looked back since.

2 years ago when I was doing research on parts that I wanted to use for my first build.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Back during his reviews of products with the camera hanging around his neck... I miss those...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I was looking up Antec Lanboy Air when I found his unboxing. Then I looked at his other on LTT channel.
I subbed him when he did GTX Titan videos

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K (4GHz x 4 cores/8 threads);

RAM: 32GB DDR3 1333MHz; 

Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0; 

MB: ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1; 

Storage: 512GB Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I just searched "tech forums" and skipped like 10 pages of results and found it

I found him thanks to a comment on tech of tomorrow. It was something like "don't forget to meet with Logan and Linus" on a video about Elric going to computex. I don't remember how I found Elric's channel but I knew about it before Elric lost motherboards.org

Was looking for a new laptop, saw one of his reviews and first thought "who the hell is this guy". Needless to say, I'm now watching every video he posts. ^_^

From his video card reviews but after  "Video Card Repair Oven Baking Technique to Repair Solder Guide "  i subbed and i watch every video he post.

NCIX triple projector with a GTX 590 video, the video was about 2 months old when I found linus.. That was awesome..

I was getting back into building my own pcs, I was looking for instructions on how to properly install the h110 liquid cooler, he popped up in a video... I thought it was hilarious that he got splashed with water, but assumed he was a corsair employee... He popped up again a few days later, then I realised he was on like 4 different channels and actually had decent reviews instead of 20 minute long unboxings where people don't even install the hardware.... It took me a long time to sign up here, but glad I did. I'm at the point now where a couple times a day I check for a new video.

Before him I was looking at tech of tomorrow, and i hated having to turn down my speakers or mute them for the heavy metal intro (colleagues can give some pretty nasty stares when something like that comes out of the blue) and the guy with the goatee... errrr... cant remember his name, was very biased/opinionated. Linus does it right, he will spell out if he doesn't like something, he'll be honest about it, but it will usually be a specific feature or quality of the item, he doesn't make a video to bash an entire company. (Although he did bash the entire industry on low end gpus, but that's totally justified) lol

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Back in the summer of 2012 (possibly 2011) I wanted to build my first system, so I hit youtube, found a Carey Holzman vid that was a little too in depth for my then noobish brain to handle, so I continued my search, eventually stumbling upon a build tutorial that Linus did for the NCIXcom channel (or was it his own, I cannot remember now) and the rest, as they say, is history.

That's exactly what I deed, around the same time. Unfortunately I did not build a PC and instead I got a store PC.

Its been in the past year when i was looking to build my first computer. I struggled to find a decent explanation until i started watching your videos!! Thanks Linus. The community approves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was building my first PC around early 2011 and I was searching for videos on YouTube and can across a video of Linus saying that a quad core cpu was the best value for gaming and that me made me get the i5 2500k which I still use till this day and when I was searching for a gpu I was looking at a ATI HD 5770 and found an unboxing that he did on it and purchased it after.That's how I came across Linus.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

That overkill gaming PC video.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

The first vid I saw was the

back in 2012.

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

I can't really say that specifically, tho, I DO remember I was quite amused in the way he was explaing the profduct, which I believe was a vid on a motherboard about 2yrs ago. At the time, I was planing my first out-of-control PC build and was looking for advice on EVERYTING I could get my hands on, and Linus came up on the NCIX recommendation for what I was looking for at the time. Ever since then, it's been my "go-to-guy" for anything and everything under the "electronic sun!"...:)

Intel Core i7-4790k@4.8GHz / EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 4G(Eff.1530/8100MHz Core/Mem) / ASUS Maximus VII HERO / G.SKILL Trident-X Series DDR3-2400CL10D-16GTX / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB SSD/OCZ Vector Series 128GB SSD/SEAGATE ST2000DM001 2TB HHD / XSPC RayStorm D5 Photon AX360 & EX240 WaterCooling Kit / EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2 / PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro / LG 34UM95@3440x1440p / Windows 8.1 / ISP 120mbps/10mbps

Browsing around NCIX, found and just kinda stuck with ;) Spose i"m a proverbial bad penny! Or is that nickle now?