how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I found it years ago, i really got into the whole talk nonstop thing, people saying "uhm" all the time makes me go away. Linus just talks and get shit done :)

Subscribing to Linus was the reason I opened an youtube account. :)
The first video was probably some cooler master case a couple of years ago :/

When I was looking to build my first computer. I found the mezuzah guide and from there I started watching the Linus Tech Tips channel

I read one article on makeuseof.com and it says " 

Best Of The Best YouTube Technology Channels " . And your channel is really One of the Best . Thanks Linus :-)

I was going to build my first PC around 3 or 4 years ago and I was watching every tutorial I could find. The most memorable videos for me are the benchmarking videos of the HD6000 and GTX500 series of graphics cards!

Honestly, for me it was way back in the NCIX days. I don't remember what exactly it was, but I remember the Cameraman. The Chinese dude who never showed his face. Good times.

Was studying at Collage (uk version); found your video's amazing, stayed on your channel since then!

I found him though an unboxing of the Cooler Master HAF 922 back when he was blonde. Best channel I'm subscribed to.

• Finished ? It'll never be finished. A battle isn't like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over. Everyone who searches for power without exception searches for battle. Do you fight in order to become more powerful ? Or you want more power in order to fight ?

I was looking for a new case as i was getting suck and tired of my old one. Ended up searching for a review of the nzxt phantom and that was how i found linus.

Actually, I was watching one of Maxishine's videos on setting up 4x SLI with 480. After the video was over, one of linus's was recommended. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I do remember all of the shenanigans with the Camera Man, and the Krazy Russian.

I also remember the one video where Luke was first on film, also the interim camera man after the original camera man was no longer filming. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I was looking on youtube on the tech channels and his and NXICCom was 2 out of 3 I looked at and I fell in love with linus and his looks hahah (no homo)

I think I first watched some NCIX instructional videos in late 2012 and then moved over to LinusTechTips to find parts for my computer.

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

when i got into tech last year, i just somehow started watching his channel

I can't remember really, but probably on Komplett.no that often has LTT videos in the product overview, or at least they used to.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

I think I was researching GPUs for my build last year... Was looking at the GTX 760, and I came across his (NCIX) review... I found out he had a channel, and his humor and quirkiness was just too good to ignore. Then I found the forum (last November), and the rest is history.

(Oh, and I bought that 760 :D)

i found him by searching MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 3 years ago

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Can't really remember how I found him but it was a long time ago when he was with NCIX with the cameraman. Best tech channel on Youtube ever.

It was when I wanted to build my new computer from scratch, I looked up build guides, and lo and behold, Linus popped up and I have been hooked since!

I read some comments and mine is similar to many others. I remember it like it was yesterday. I barely remember what I did yesterday so take this with a grain of salt. But it was a summer 2011. When I was intrigued by this computer business. A time when NCIX still had Linus as main host. I was going through my assortment of probably 6+ tabs of videos on build guides. I actually didn't like NCIX and thought Linus was just someone like the game streamers who wanted to do reviews as a hobby. So I kind of skipped through a few NCIX videos. I think i relied on OC3D more. And I never heard of tek syndicate until 2013 or something. But slowly as I browsed the YouTube and watched stuff I eventually had subscribed to NCIX but didn't watch as regularly as I do now. I think they made the best understandable videos at the time so around 2012 NCIX and LinusTechTips were the channels I relied on heavily to learn stuff and have fun. I started watching WAN show around later 2012 or early 2013. And since then haven't stopped. In 2011 I didn't even do anything with what I learned. I was just watching cause I had an interest in computers and then I built my first PC in summer 2012 and it had problems and wasn't really use able until I got my GPU on boxing day and that is kind of when I began to do more into computers. So middle of highschool I started linustechtips and it has been a great journey so far. Now if only I can get a decent job after university and build more machines and test things.

i found the channel back ont 2013 when i was about to build my 2nd rig and im looking for good tips online then i found a $2000 guide. and that discovery kept me tuned in youtube everyday. 

I was looking into hardware reviews that when i was contemplating a computer build. To which i cross referenced his information with a couple others. I used to watch the channels on and off for a bit then finally subbed, and joined the forum relatively recently.

That quad SLi GTX 480 setup i believe. 

That was something. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III